Weird feelings of football

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also - no goalkeeper has ever had a bad game against Manchester United.
Only one that immediately comes to mind is Svilar catching the free kick bit carrying over his line. Even then I think he still played well.

Hoof the ball

1. Nuno’s Wolves switched overnight from silky attacking football to pragmatic anti-football but no-one really knows when

2. Mike Phelan is Man United’s real manager
That is absolutely right! I had it in my mind that Nuno was this progressive possession guy that played through teams like he did in the Championship, until someone on here called him defensive and pragmatic. The veil was lifted from my eyes when I watched them the next time.

Hoof the ball

Every single game United play versus a team outside the top six results in the opposition welcoming back a key player who had previously been sat on the sidelines for more than four months.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Torres played more games for Chelsea than he did for Liverpool.

Personally I can't get my head round that one

veteranMortal

Supports
Liverpool
Second Choice goalkeeper playing one game against a rival whilst the main keeper is injured? Definitely plays a blinder, keeps a clean sheet.

Second Choice goalkeeper playing one game against a rival whilst the main keeper is suspended? Crap. Fails to save anything at all.

Not sure where I got this from, but I'm convinced its true.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Every time a player signs a new contract his performances turn to crap straight away.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Second Choice goalkeeper playing one game against a rival whilst the main keeper is injured? Definitely plays a blinder, keeps a clean sheet.

Second Choice goalkeeper playing one game against a rival whilst the main keeper is suspended? Crap. Fails to save anything at all.

Not sure where I got this from, but I'm convinced its true.
I like this one a lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool haven't played against a team who are at full strength for at least two seasons.

We only play our full strength team about twice a season.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool haven't played against a team who are at full strength for at least two seasons.

We only play our full strength team about twice a season.
And in that time, Liverpool have fielded the same team week in, week out as we don't ever suffer with injuries, ever

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Torres played more games for Chelsea than he did for Liverpool.

Personally I can't get my head round that one
This one isn’t that weird to me. I feel like he was at Pool for one hot season, then went to Chelsea and had about 5 painful ones. I associate him more with the latter in my mind.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And in that time, Liverpool have fielded the same team week in, week out as we don't ever suffer with injuries, ever
In fairness, Mane and Salah have missed at least 2 games in those 2 years.

einstein

In fairness, Mane and Salah have missed at least 2 games in those 2 years.
They will miss a whole lot due to AFCON next year. As Liverpool have deal with the devil, Minamino and Shaqiri will go on a scoring spree at that time.

In fairness though, it’s quite heartbreaking to see people banking their hopes on (and at times even wishing for) people being injured for them to get something in a game of football.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Italian strikers can no longer perform if there think non-Italians are watching. Ciro Immobile flopped abroad on purpose specifically so that he could return to Italy and score hatfuls safe in the knowledge that no scouts from England, Spain or Germany would be looking at him. Once an Italian striker goes over the age of 30 and knows they they'll be written off as too old in transfer forums and rumour threads the world over they breathe a sigh of relief and start scoring 40 goals a season. No Italian striker has scored in any international tournament or Champions League game since 2012 and if they have to see their teams knocked out of those tournaments or even fail to qualify to keep that going, so be it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Italian strikers can no longer perform if there think non-Italians are watching. Ciro Immobile flopped abroad on purpose specifically so that he could return to Italy and score hatfuls safe in the knowledge that no scouts from England, Spain or Germany would be looking at him. Once an Italian striker goes over the age of 30 and knows they they'll be written off as too old in transfer forums and rumour threads the world over they breathe a sigh of relief and start scoring 40 goals a season. No Italian striker has scored in any international tournament or Champions League game since 2012 and if they have to see their teams knocked out of those tournaments or even fail to qualify to keep that going, so be it.
:lol:

Magical Manchester United

There's always one team that reaches a semi final, sometimes even the final of the FA Cup without anyone really noticing or caring. Usually someone like Reading or Brighton.

In the Football League, there will be a team that always seem to be in poor/indifferent form but pop up in the play off places somehow.

England never do well in major tournament finals games that are played on ITV.

slored1

Liverpool have a magnet on the goal the opposing team is playing against, so that every shot goes either over the bar or right into Alisson.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Manager contract renewals are followed by periods of underperformance. Ole when he got the job, Pardew at Newcastle, now Potter at Brighton, Rodgers at Leicester, Mourinho at Utd.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
You never see a manager wear a pair of blue jeans on the side lines,

Its suit trousers, trackie bottoms or tight black jeans, never blue

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I have a feeling Pep has so I tried to look for some evidence but couldn't find any.

Here's a picture of Xavi in blue jeans being a manager

Magical Manchester United

The Ed Woodward who joined Manchester United was a highly competent businessman capable of pulling off difficult transfer deals and attracting top players.

You may recall that in summer 2013 he went to Australia on urgent business the reason for which never seemed to materialise.

The sad truth is that poor Ed was kidnapped and replaced by a lookalike who is sadly completely inept in all things transfers.

KarlHeinzRiedle13

Supports
LFC
Patrick Bamford and Todd Cantwell shouldnt be playing football they should be in the boat race or playing tennis

einstein

Klopp did that for his first couple games at Dortmund. He wore tracks at Mainz and rest of his stay at Dortmund. Don't know if he tried anything other than tracks at Liverpool.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The better a manager is dressed, the more likely their side is to win the game and play attractive football while doing so.

Alabaster Codify7

The lowest division in Scotland has a 90% postponement rate every week.
Even in summer when it's 7 degrees.

I'm not clued up on betting but I had a mate who would (many years ago though, around 2002) do Saturday accumulators and would try to sneak 1-2 lower level Scottish games in there due to the high rate of postponements. apparently it meant those game(s) would be voided from the accy meaning less games he needed to get correct to win money, albeit a lower sum.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I'm not clued up on betting but I had a mate who would (many years ago though, around 2002) do Saturday accumulators and would try to sneak 1-2 lower level Scottish games in there due to the high rate of postponements. apparently it meant those game(s) would be voided from the accy meaning less games he needed to get correct to win money, albeit a lower sum.
So he may as well have used invisible ink as voided means it isn't in the bet anymore so you can't count the odds

Paul_Scholes18

That City always gets the easist draws possible in all the domestic cups. When they do not it is always against us!

Alabaster Codify7

So he may as well have used invisible ink as voided means it isn't in the bet anymore so you can't count the odds

Yeah that's what I mean. So, for example, "Pick 1 x result from each of the following 6 x sections for a guaranteed 80-1 return". There might be say, 3 games/sections he was certain of, with the final 3 being a gamble for him so he'd use a couple of games likely to be cancelled so essentially, he'd then only be having to pick 4 games instead of 6. And yeah, lower odds of course but he was still winning money more often than not.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Yeah that's what I mean. So, for example, "Pick 1 x result from each of the following 6 x sections for a guaranteed 80-1 return". There might be say, 3 games/sections he was certain of, with the final 3 being a gamble for him so he'd use a couple of games likely to be cancelled so essentially, he'd then only be having to pick 4 games instead of 6. And yeah, lower odds of course but he was still winning money more often than not.
I bet around a tenner a day on 3 match treble with both to score for odds of 3.5/1 to 5/1.
I get it up maybe 5 days out of 7.
Smart betting. Not lotto365
I might create a tipster thread actually so one of the muppets can maybe afford to subscribe to the Athletic.