Weird feelings of football

Alabaster Codify7

I bet around a tenner a day on 3 match treble with both to score for odds of 3.5/1 to 5/1.
I get it up maybe 5 days out of 7.
Smart betting. Not lotto365
I might create a tipster thread actually so one of the muppets can maybe afford to subscribe to the Athletic.

Yeah that's the way to do it.

United58

David Luiz has been playing for Chelsea since 2010 and will have a testimonial in the summer.

Juan Mata never played for Chelsea

sourdough satellite

Every professional football club in existence has a Dembele playing for them, whether it's the main team, reserve side or a youth team.

Le Red

Italian strikers can no longer perform if there think non-Italians are watching. Ciro Immobile flopped abroad on purpose specifically so that he could return to Italy and score hatfuls safe in the knowledge that no scouts from England, Spain or Germany would be looking at him. Once an Italian striker goes over the age of 30 and knows they they'll be written off as too old in transfer forums and rumour threads the world over they breathe a sigh of relief and start scoring 40 goals a season. No Italian striker has scored in any international tournament or Champions League game since 2012 and if they have to see their teams knocked out of those tournaments or even fail to qualify to keep that going, so be it.
I think it goes for other players in the Serie A too.
Diego Milito never scored or did anything noteworthy when I was watching.
Then he scored a brace in the UCL final and I was like "ah so this is why people rate him".

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I would just like to point out, that most of these weird feelings aren't true at all!!

Also, sevilla and Valencia share the same squad.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I would just like to point out, that most of these weird feelings aren't true at all!!

Also, sevilla and Valencia share the same squad.
Now now, they're two individual clubs in different cities. How can you possibly think they share the same squad?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
David Luiz has been playing for Chelsea since 2010 and will have a testimonial in the summer.

Juan Mata never played for Chelsea
People who say Mata has got slower.
When he was always the slowest player in football.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't know if I've just suddenly noticed it more but the commentator's curse seems to be getting stronger.

They were praising Tim Ream just before he got sent off today against City.

Seemingly every time a commentator makes a comment about a player they give it away, get a booking, score an own goal, get sent off, etc almost immediately now.

Similarly I suppose if they have a focus on a certain player before the game (either an interview or one of the pundits talking about them) then that player has an absolute stinker.

Anustart89

Posted it in the matchday thread, but it's better here.

When a team keeps drawing tactical fouls during a game, the other team always ends up getting the first booking of the game for their first or second foul.

Hoof the ball

Willian is stuck in a time bubble. Every season he's almost about to join United, Spurs or Barca, only to not join, then turn 31 and wake up in bed again aged 30 at the start of the next domestic season playing for Chelsea. Meanwhile, for everyone else they age normally. Willian has only ever been 30/31.

KarlHeinzRiedle13

Supports
LFC
Wolves and Manchester United play each other every other week!
I actually thought that when i saw the game on an thought 'what again?’ not only has this fixture been played 20 times in the last few months its always played when its dark

Alabaster Codify7

Willian is stuck in a time bubble. Every season he's almost about to join United, Spurs or Barca, only to not join, then turn 31 and wake up in bed again aged 30 at the start of the next domestic season playing for Chelsea. Meanwhile, for everyone else they age normally. Willian has only ever been 30/31.

Haha, that's a brilliant one actually! I dont remember Willian as a younger man at all, he does indeed seem to have spent his entire footballing career as a 30-31 yr old.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The Prem doesn't feel right without Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Small and nibble footed English players are instantly hyped up as the Nations own Andres Iniesta.
Cleverly,Lingard,Winks have all been compared in recent years to the Spanish and Barca Legend. Those comparisons are naturally laughable.

P0GBA

If Chelsea drop points Man Utd and Arsenal will also drop points.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Every chant for every London club is about how soopah someone or something is.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Harry Winks has never actually done anything, other than exist in a line-up

Nr.7

Clubs from the Championship wear fake kits with sponsors people never heard of (like some local fish and chips store) and big numbers on the back in a font from the 80s.

Mexico always has a striker who plays for a smaller club in europe who looks worldclass everytime you watch a game or a highlight yet he never gets a transfer to a big european club. He’s always at least 28 when you first hear of him.

Alabaster Codify7

Clubs from the Championship wear fake kits with sponsors people never heard of (like some local fish and chips store) and big numbers on the back in a font from the 80s.

Mexico always has a striker who plays for a smaller club in europe who looks worldclass everytime you watch a game or a highlight yet he never gets a transfer to a big european club. He’s always at least 28 when you first hear of him.

I have a similar feeling about their midfielder, Hector Herrera. In my head, Fergie was chasing Hector Herrera for at least 5 summers in a row, heavily linked but it never transpired. At that time, he was in his late 20s. He should be 45 by now, by my reckoning, yet he isn't.

P0GBA

Despite talents such as Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe and Icardi, every time I watch PSG, Di Maria is always their biggest threat in terms of goals and assists.

P0GBA

England and Belgium will both get knocked out of the Euros at the quarter final stage by an inferior team. The only way they can avoid this is if they play each other and then the winner will go on to win the tournament.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Didn't know where to post this, this seemed the best place, but I have a thread idea: Could we have a "Curb your Football" thread where we post ironic/hypocritical things that have happened in football? I'm sure there are loads and would be an entertaining read

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Everton should have been relegated at some point over the past 25 years but their points tally is never added up correctly so they get away with it.