Weird feelings of football

Cloud7

No one has seen James McClean play because he isn't a real footballer but an Irish leprechaun who only pops up around remembrance week to rile the tabloids.
This...this is very true. I know nothing about him as a footballer, only the poppy stuff.

Lynty

Michael Carrick completed zero sprints during his whole playing career.

jem

Garry Monk has coached, and been sacked by, every team in the Championship.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Neil Warnock promotes a championship team every 3-5 years and never spends more than 1 season in the Premier league.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Morata has been back and forth from Real Madrid to Juventus five times.

WakeAndBeek

Every single second biggest team in a city with 2 main clubs claims to be the “real” team of the city, with the majority of working class locals supporting them, and their bigger neighbours are comprised mostly of glory hunters/outsiders.

Man City, Everton, Birmingham City, Espanyol, Lazio, 1860 Munich all run with this kind of rhetoric, I wouldn’t be surprised if teams like Levante etc do aswell.

Last edited:

Alive and Kicking

That's a good shout.

That was an unbelievable summer across the country which most people look back fondly.
Legit. No nostalgia filtering at all, when the England vs Sweden game had just concluded and the crowds outside my work were chanting (which says a lot cos I live in a small seaside town... in fecking *Wales*) I can distinctly remember thinking ''I'm experiencing a summer that everyone will pine for in years to come. It's happening *now*, we're *in* it''. I wasn't expecting it to feel so foreign only two fecking years later, but there you go.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
said it in the international thread. If a player is lauded before a game, he will have a shocker. Johnny Evans was called the best defender for Northern Ireland ever by Aaron Hughes. He said he has no weaknesses.

Almost singlehandidly cost Northern Ireland a place at the euros. Not only with his errors but also missing a sitter in injury time

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
said it in the international thread. If a player is lauded before a game, he will have a shocker. Johnny Evans was called the best defender for Northern Ireland ever by Aaron Hughes. He said he has no weaknesses.

Almost singlehandidly cost Northern Ireland a place at the euros. Not only with his errors but also missing a sitter in injury time
Not a thread for serious discussion I guess but was nowhere near fit. Got injured during Sundays match and hobbled through this one. Chance at the end he could put no power in it cos he could barely walk. He is very likely our greatest centre half

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

No weaknesses? :lol:
Did he mean no "strengths", being totally average across every attribute?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Michael Carrick completed zero sprints during his whole playing career.
In these days of obsession about how athletic your midfield have to be, often all 3 players in there, it seems amazing we not only fielded Carrick and Scholes as a centre mid combo, but they absolutely excelled.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
In these days of obsession about how athletic your midfield have to be, often all 3 players in there, it seems amazing we not only fielded Carrick and Scholes as a centre mid combo, but they absolutely excelled.
Knew how to keep the ball and control the game on another level.

Rinnegan240

All German keepers are only permitted to wear light green kits and are actually the same person because they come from a secret cloning facility.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
All German keepers are only permitted to wear light green kits and are actually the same person because they come from a secret cloning facility.
In Wiese's case some Nachos fell into the petri dish

Monkey bus

Everton Football Club spend around £180m on new players every season and are immune from FFP despite annual revenues of about £3.46

markhughes

Despite being renowned for their defending there has never been even a half decent Italian defender in the Premier League.

Darmian is the best ever Italian defender to play in the Premier League, let that sink in.

Last edited:

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Despite being renowned for their defending there has never been even a half decent Italian defender in the Premier League.

Darmian is the best ever Italian defender to play in the Premier League, let that sink in.
Roberto di Matteo, easily.

Materazzi didn't do much at Everton, but in terms of the overall career he's also better. Panucci too.