Weird feelings of football

Chickentown

There exists in Italy a special class of footballer whose legacy as world class becomes slightly tainted by decent but unremarkable spells at two of the other three big teams, having left a gilded career at the first.

jem

All English football executives are called Richard, and they are invariably all Dicks

P0GBA

Schalke have been fighting relegation battle for the last 10 seasons but have somehow played in the Champions League at least 5 times during the same period.

reuben290

Every time a rare or unusual incident happens in a football match (either on the pitch, or off)... an eerily similar incident will either have occurred at another match being played at the same time, or occur in the match played straight afterwards, or occur in the match played the very next day! And then those types of incidents will not occur again for a very, very long time! Plenty I can remember...

The penalty red card decisions involving both Luiz (Wolves vs Arsenal) and Bednarek (United vs Southampton) in more recent times.

The day the Birmingham "fan" attacked Grealish... there were two other less severe incidents in other games, an Arsenal fan putting his hand on Smalling as he run past him to celebrate a goal, and a similar incident in a Scottish league match too! All either on the same day/same weekend!

Crowd trouble in the stands with police in the Roma/Man Utd first leg back in 2007... anyone remember that? Before Roma got spanked 7-1 in the second leg... anyway the very next day there were very similar scenes in Tottenham's away UEFA Cup tie in Seville (I remember them showing it live during the game!) Of course the Roma-Man Utd stuff could have been on the Sevilla/Spurs fans' mind and kinda encouraged it in a way...

However I think one of the strangest I remember, was one day in the Premier League where there were three separate incidents (from three different games) involving teammates squaring up to each other... very peculiar... rare to get that at any time (on the pitch) but three on the same day was super weird!

I'm sure those on the Caf have many more of these types of things!

Chickentown

Every time a rare or unusual incident happens in a football match (either on the pitch, or off)... an eerily similar incident will either have occurred at another match being played at the same time, or occur in the match played straight afterwards, or occur in the match played the very next day! And then those types of incidents will not occur again for a very, very long time! Plenty I can remember...

The penalty red card decisions involving both Luiz (Wolves vs Arsenal) and Bednarek (United vs Southampton) in more recent times.

The day the Birmingham "fan" attacked Grealish... there were two other less severe incidents in other games, an Arsenal fan putting his hand on Smalling as he run past him to celebrate a goal, and a similar incident in a Scottish league match too! All either on the same day/same weekend!

Crowd trouble in the stands with police in the Roma/Man Utd first leg back in 2007... anyone remember that? Before Roma got spanked 7-1 in the second leg... anyway the very next day there were very similar scenes in Tottenham's away UEFA Cup tie in Seville (I remember them showing it live during the game!) Of course the Roma-Man Utd stuff could have been on the Sevilla/Spurs fans' mind and kinda encouraged it in a way...

However I think one of the strangest I remember, was one day in the Premier League where there were three separate incidents (from three different games) involving teammates squaring up to each other... very peculiar... rare to get that at any time (on the pitch) but three on the same day was super weird!

I'm sure those on the Caf have many more of these types of things!
Scorpion kick goals for Mkhi and Giroud.

WakeAndBeek

Danny Welbeck was a promising 21 year old for his whole United career, but his age suddenly jumped to 26 the second he joined Arsenal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
For 18 months in the late 00s, the media insisted on calling Man City’s stadium Eastlands, and then never brought it up again.

Seeing when a long range shot has clipped the outside of the post/crossbar in real time is really easy, even though commentators never catch it until the third slow motion replay.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not sure where to stick this, but Real Madrid have as many surviving first team members from their 06/07 squad as we do from our final season under Fergie.

Sergio Ramos & Marcelo - DDG & Jones. And Jones hasn't kicked a ball for us this season.

2 man midfield

Not sure where to stick this, but Real Madrid have as many surviving first team members from their 06/07 squad as we do from our final season under Fergie.

Sergio Ramos & Marcelo - DDG & Jones. And Jones hasn't kicked a ball for us this season.
I have a really really hard time accepting that 2006 was 15 years ago.

Cantona'sCollar

For 18 months in the late 00s, the media insisted on calling Man City’s stadium Eastlands, and then never brought it up again.

Seeing when a long range shot has clipped the outside of the post/crossbar in real time is really easy, even though commentators never catch it until the third slow motion replay.
Both of these.

criticalanalysis

:lol: ffs this is one of my pet peeves. Deflected shots or clips shots. They're watching the same footage as us, how can they missed it so many times?

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
The time United kick off has a severe effect on how we play, examples below

Thursday 18:00 -

Dreary affair, probably when you see us at our worst, dont wake up till a goal or two down

Thursday 20:00 -

Sharp off the blocks, couple of chances in the first 20 mins, usually a goal up by half time

Saturday 12:30 -

Like a rabbit in headlights first 30 mins, cant string a pass ( especially away, usually beaming sunlight and a rowdy crowd,) usually go a goal down first half - anfield and goodison come to mind as notorious places we suffer at this time

Saturday 15:00 -

Superb, in complete control throughout, look like we could beat brazil 1970s without coming out of second gear

Saturday 17:30 -

This is the hardest time to call, we can be a mix of all the above, usually start slowly but end on a high

Sunday 12:30 -14:00

See Saturday 12:30 but the away crowds are louder on a saturday, ( all depends who the sky pundits are too)

Sunday 16:00-16:30

Besides 15:00 saturday this is our peak performance time,usually get into the game straight away and dont conceed much

Monday 20:00

Again can get any version of united on MNF, not 12:30 saturday united but not 15:00 saturday united either

P0GBA

The longer a player goes without scoring the better the goal will be when they finally score. If the player has not scored for several seasons then the strike will be in contention for goal of the month.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Jeff Hendrick is Dutch.

He's not a player who I've ever exactly paid attention to, and thought he was from there. His name sounds like he would be from the Netherlands to me. Turns out he's got 60 Irish caps.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The longer a player goes without scoring the better the goal will be when they finally score. If the player has not scored for several seasons then the strike will be in contention for goal of the month.
Unless it’s a player known for his scoring ability. He will score a complete shit goal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kane switches between utter carthorse and world class with breathtaking ease.

slored1

Everton have gone from being unlucky for 20 years to being the luckiest team in the league since Ancelotti has come there.

RashyForPM

You can tell within the first ten minutes of a Man Utd game what the result will be.
I actually think this is inaccurate atm because we kept going down early earlier in the season and kept coming back as well.

But yeah, for the past 8 years, this is definitely true.

P0GBA

When Klopp was at Dortmund the only way he would let his best players leave was if they agreed to return to Dortmund as soon as they were no longer wanted by their new clubs. Lewandowski will eventually return to become Haalands replacement.

slored1

Brighton's lineup is built of 9 exact same players who only know how to do Cruyff turns, Lewis Dunk and the goalie.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jeff Hendrick is Dutch.

He's not a player who I've ever exactly paid attention to, and thought he was from there. His name sounds like he would be from the Netherlands to me. Turns out he's got 60 Irish caps.
That well known Dutch name Jeff? :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
When Klopp was at Dortmund the only way he would let his best players leave was if they agreed to return to Dortmund as soon as they were no longer wanted by their new clubs. Lewandowski will eventually return to become Haalands replacement.
I reckon we'll sign him he fits the bill.

• Over 30
  • World class but not as young as he was
  • Available on a free
  • High profile

Chipper

Adulterer.
That well known Dutch name Jeff? :lol:
Well I don't know what's a Dutch name and what isn't, especially where you have people like Robin Van Persie, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Bryan Roy, Patrick Kluivert etc. Then there's Jeffrey Schlupp! They like stealing names these Dutchies.

The only other out-and-out Jeff footballer I can think of was Kenna who to be fair was Irish too.

Edit: Oh shit, Schlupp is from Germany/Ghana! That's another then, was convinced he was Dutch. :nervous:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Well I don't know what's a Dutch name and what isn't, especially where you have people like Robin Van Persie, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Bryan Roy, Patrick Kluivert etc. Then there's Jeffrey Schlupp! They like stealing names these Dutchies.

The only other out-and-out Jeff footballer I can think of was Kenna who to be fair was Irish too.
Jeffrey Bruma, Dutch international defender

wolvored

Man Utd will never win a big trophy EPL CHL while the glazers are the owners

2 man midfield

Man Utd will never win a big trophy EPL CHL while the glazers are the owners
We’ve already won several of them since they’ve owned the club. 5 league titles, 1 champions league and 2 more finals.