Weird things about football that are true but don't sound it

fps

I thought more than 6 teams would have achieved it.

Hahahaha. Something about putting these underperformers in such epic poses with their names in big capital letters really got to me. Can't stop laughing.

At least Rashford is really a young player who will come good.

sugar_kane

Vincent Kompany has won the Premier League more times than Cristiano Ronaldo.

paulscholes18

Vicente Guaita (palace keeper) kept more clean sheets in his 20 games (8) then DDG who played all 38. Even Cardiff City kept more clean sheets and they got relegated

Chipper

Adulterer.
I've known for ages now but I was surprised when I found out Denis Irwin played for Leeds.Thought he just sort of appeared at Oldham before we bought him for a long while, even after he retired.

I was only young when he'd have been there and they were division 2 so off my radar.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Ligue 1 is set to be named ‘Ligue 1 Uber Eats’ from 2020.

As part of the deal, an Uber Eats driver will deliver the match ball each game.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
There are over 540 000 results when one searches "Wesley Sneijder" "Manchester United".

That is more than Teddy Sheringham (367 000) and Juan Sebastian Veron (96 000) combined.

As a side note, "Alexis Sanchez" "Manchester United" gives us 7.4 million
"Alex Ferguson" "Manchester United" gives us... 7.9 million. :confused:
"Bebe" "Manchester United" gives us 6 million.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
One that always amazes me is that Ryan Giggs had his United testimonial in 2001 - before going on to play for the club for another 13 years! He wasn’t even half way through :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So the basket case that is Arsenal has now lost fewer games this season than Manchester City in the Premier League (6 vs 7) and the exact same in all competitions (8).

Struggling with this one.

Josep Dowling

So the basket case that is Arsenal has now lost fewer games this season than Manchester City in the Premier League (6 vs 7) and the exact same in all competitions (8).

That is a ridiculous stat.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Just shows you what harm too many draws can do; three for City in the league vs an enormous 15 for Arsenal (us on nine isn't too clever either). When you think a win and two defeats is as good as three draws it puts in perspective how getting pegged back/'settling for a point' can feck you over in the long run.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just shows you what harm too many draws can do; three for City in the league vs an enormous 15 for Arsenal (us on nine isn't too clever either). When you think a win and two defeats is as good as three draws it puts in perspective how getting pegged back/'settling for a point' can feck you over in the long run.
Absolutely. United getting draws with Everton away, City at home and Spurs away doesn't sound too bad, but just winning one and losing two would match it, despite feeling worse.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Absolutely. United getting draws with Everton away, City at home and Spurs away doesn't sound too bad, but just winning one and losing two would match it, despite feeling worse.
Yeah. The thing is draws against your near rivals aren't the worst thing in the world, given the net benefit of taking two point from them while you get one, but drawing with the likes of Villa and Southampton is ridiculous. Just put them away.

DVG7

Andres Iniesta's individual stats aren't that impressive

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Xavi played in the CL group stage game against Utd in Utd's treble season. Which feels so fecking weird to me because 98/99 feels like a completely different era of football and I always associate Xavi with the late 2000s.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Dwight Yorke scored 50% more goals for Aston Villa than he did for United