Other Weird youtube rabbit holes

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So I like fishing. Which probably explains why one of these videos first popped up on suggested videos on youtube. The feckers know what I like.

Turns out this is a massively popular genre. People digging holes to trap fish. There’s shit-loads of videos with millions of views each. And they all have similar low-grade CGI thumbnails. It’s very odd.

What weird youtube rabbit holes have you got sucked into?

Andersons Dietician

So I like fishing. Which probably explains why one of these videos first popped up on suggested videos on youtube. The feckers know what I like.

Turns out this is a massively popular genre. People digging holes to trap fish. There’s shit-loads of videos with millions of views each. And they all have similar low-grade CGI thumbnails. It’s very odd.

I’ve seen a similar one where they used guttering and I think it was eels but they had dug a hole and coated something in a sock at the end and the eels squirmed their way up the pipe to the hole and were trapped. The kids were probably around the 6-10 age.

YouTube is a dangerous place. Red pandas seem to get me. Stupid little feckers falling off logs and crap in the snow.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Thanks to whoever moved this. Did I stick it in one of the football forums, like an idiot? Actually meant to put it in Chat Gen.
I got you fam.

I don’t now have the power to move it from here to the gen though you’ll need an adult for that :lol:

But for what it’s worth I used to go down the rabbit hole of watching deep sea bioluminescent creatures when I was high. Hours of my life gone forever.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I had one exam period during which I watched almost exclusively compilations of British TV panel games like 8 out of 10 cats, Countdown, Would I Lie to You and the like. I've had similar periods with chat shows - mostly Graham Norton and Craig Ferguson, as the rest are shite. I'd never sit and watch any of that on TV in real time but I could do a 3-4 hour run on Youtube on one of my more pathetic days.

caid

I like urban myths and rubbish 'is this a 15ft alien Sasquatch footprint?' videos

Heres a big fish at 7:50

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I once had a really unhealthy habit of looking at old World War One Asylums where they would treat people with Shellshock until 5AM.

It could have been Shellshock or they might have just read the football forums for an extended period of time. It is hard to tell.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Two words: Steamed Hams

There are so many different videos on youtube about one scene from The Simpsons
There are so many Steamed Hams parodies going around you could probably argue there's different rabbit hole subcategories within the Steamed Hams series alone.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just found out about this guy the other day. I honestly don't know whether he's mentally ill or he's a super troll. If he is a troll - then he's taking it to whole another level.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
These very long train videos

7 hours of onboard footage from a train, wtf?!

I skipped to 2:12 just out of curiosity and thought the video has broken before I realised it was in a tunnel :lol:

binary bot
My favourite is the guy who collects plastic chairs

Sweet Square

This is very very odd.

7 hours of onboard footage from a train, wtf?!

I skipped to 2:12 just out of curiosity and thought the video has broken before I realised it was in a tunnel :lol:
I think it's called ''Slow tv''. There was a Australian tv show which was a pretty big hit that was literally a train journey

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...t/news-story/3f3300ec3768aa05ac70e88b0cf9ea0a

and there a similar documentary(Although not as long) called Dead Slow A Head, which just a cargo ship. The film actually turned out to be a brilliant sci fi horror movie

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Moby

Dick

There's never been a bigger waster of ten minutes in my life.

Wtf?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I sometimes get lost in ASMR videos, some are very relaxing to listen to, such as this one of a fire and rain/wind outside. Others give me the creeps like folk whispering into the microphone.

ASMR is supposed to generate the feeling of goosebumps on the skin, like a nice warm feeling. You just have to find out which ones you like.

For me its ambient noise with weather.

Paxi

Oh I don’t watch them. Youtube thinks I’d like them, so keeps suggesting them. I’ve only ever watched one and fast forwarded most of it. I’m just fascinated by why they exist, why there’s so many of them and why they’re so popular.

What type of fishing you do?

I used to love fishing as youngster. Was great spending time by the water along side my grandad.

Paxi

Any type at all. Saltwater, freshwater, lure, bait, fly, I’ll happily do them all. Don’t do it nearly as much as I used to though. Probably only three or four times a year.
Yeah I'd love to take it up again but havenoi't went since 2015. I mostly just use float and a bit of live bait around the lakes. I enjoy the outdoors and a bit of peace just as much as the actual fishing.

Kazi

Just found out about this guy the other day. I honestly don't know whether he's mentally ill or he's a super troll. If he is a troll - then he's taking it to whole another level.

Charlie Z is p4p #1, schooled Wilder & Floyd Sr

marktan

I sometimes get lost in ASMR videos, some are very relaxing to listen to, such as this one of a fire and rain/wind outside. Others give me the creeps like folk whispering into the microphone.

ASMR is supposed to generate the feeling of goosebumps on the skin, like a nice warm feeling. You just have to find out which ones you like.

For me its ambient noise with weather.

Funnily enough over the past month or so I've listened to quite a lot of ASMR vids, usually late at night, and the ones I prefer are the ones with people doing stuff in front of a mic (e.g. fiddling with wooden objects, massaging lotion on hands, cutting slime etc). Has a weird calming effect on me.

Which is strange because I was wondering throughout last year why ASMR was so popular, but a large part of it for me I think is due to the quality of speakers. My old 2010 Macbook was rubbish, whereas my 2017 one I got this year has amazing speakers and the sounds are much more crisp.

One thing I'll say about youtube though is whoever's in charge of the recommendation engine and the machine learning behind that does a great job. Very rarely do I actually see a recommended video that I'm not interested in.

Paxi

That's pretty obviously not the voice of a newsreader or recorded with professional equipment.
Im pretty sure they'd skip the intro as well. I'd imagine the screen would go blank with some thing along the lines of: 'This is an emergency broadcast'

Then you'd see the anchor cutting straight to the chase.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Outdoors stuff in general and genres that are pseudo-related.

Vlogs of hiking/camping trips, wildcamps, a bit of survival, preppers, homesteading etc. The video in the OP, the primitive tech guy and the hunting vids that were posted sort of bounce of that too and I like all that stuff as well to an extent. The hunting less so, because I'm never likely to go hunting in the UK, although I have watched a dude who would shoot squirrels with an air rifle in Scotland and eat them.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I can watch 'catch and cook' YouTube for days.

Fisherman's life is my favourite.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Those are great.

Also just found this one which is mildly addictive. A guy who forages for food on the beach and cooks it up on the spot.

Yeah I watch those as well.

Amazes me how much more stuff they can find on their shoreline \ on their beaches compared to us Noggies. Those few celsius plus they have compared to us makes a lot of difference, more than I would have thought.

If you know the spots you can freedive all the scallops you want in Noggieland though :drool: