Welbeck & Young Webchat

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is this true? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd be surprised. French has pretty solid Romantic roots, whereas English uses Romantic, Celtic and Teutonic words regularly.

Plech will know.
No it doesn't. It's not even close.

The fact you say there's more vocabulary lends me to seek out some lyrics for those videos you posted. Know where I can find some? Or would it not be the same since we have less vocabulary?

It's my mistake for not wording things the way I really meant them, sorry.I didn't mean it in terms of quantity (cause when it comes to that there are a lot more words in english than in french)but in terms of possibility to use technical tools.I see more technicaly worked verses in french rap songs than in US/english ones, the language helps obviously.
The way I see it is that french rappers exploit better their language and its tools (for instance "verlan") than the rappers who use english.There I hope it's clearer now.

wonnie

Solius;12661023[B said:
Ashley, do you have any tips for a young footballer on how to beat full-backs?[/B]

AY: Just have confidence in yourself to go past the defender. You need to know what you're going to do with the ball when it comes to you. You can beat them with skill or just with pace, but you have to decide early on and then go for it. (How about you fecking try it once in a while then, Ash. - Solius)
Thought the exact same thing as soon as I read his response...

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Exactly.

But people will hate just because they want to hate.

And stop getting worked up because of what someone listens to. Your choice is not the only choice.
Put your frock back on. Nobody is actually being that serious. I couldn't give a feck if he listens to the mating calls of Siberian hamsters and Michael Buble. If he does the job on the pitch.

Well. Maybe Buble.

Ferguson

The largest dictionary of any language is the Oxford English Dictionary. English also encompasses diaelects worldwide. So I would disagree that French has a larger vocabulary.

But English has fewer rhyming words, so for the purposes of rap it may be true that French has a higher rapping vocabulary. The Korean language fits rap nicely which makes rapping in Korean much easier to do.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
It's my mistake for not wording things the way I really meant them, sorry.I didn't mean it in terms of quantity (cause when it comes to that there are a lot more words in english than in french)but in terms of possibility to use technical tools.I see more technicaly worked verses in french rap songs than in US/english ones, the language helps obviously.
The way I see it is that french rappers exploit better their language and its tools (for instance "verlan") than the rappers who use english.There I hope it's clearer now.
What do you mean by 'technical'?

With verlan I certainly see your point. US hip-hop has the izzle my nizzle stuff, but verlan is far more systematic and creative.

Outside hip-hop, there's Cockney rhyming slang, which is harder to master than verlan, because if you don't know that, say, 'boat' is short for 'boat race' which means 'face', there's absolutely no way of working it out.

Our headmaster insisted we learn Cockney rhyming slang at school. He was a bit of a mentalist.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
What do you mean by 'technical'?

With verlan I certainly see your point. US hip-hop has the izzle my nizzle stuff, but verlan is far more systematic and creative.

Outside hip-hop, there's Cockney rhyming slang, which is harder to master than verlan, because if you don't know that, say, 'boat' is short for 'boat race' which means 'face', there's absolutely no way of working it out.

Our headmaster insisted we learn Cockney rhyming slang at school. He was a bit of a mentalist.
Hehe quality. Handing out jellied eels in English.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
We all have fun laughing at Drake in the Ent forum, but he's a good rapper. There are many other people to hate on. And hip-hop is based on jazz sampling, listen to any Pete Rock record. To each their own.