We'll probably be 12th if we lose to Newcastle

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I ran 10,000 simulations in excel, and have found that on average, we'll lose 2 places if we lose to Newcastle

There are 7 teams below us that could end up ahead of us if we lose to Newcastle

Burnley: 9 points, +1GD, home to Everton
Sheffield Utd: 8 points, 0GD, away to Watford
Wolves: 7 points, -2GD, away to Man City
Southampton: 7 points, -2GD, away to Chelsea
Everton: 7 points, -6 GD, away to Burnley
Brighton, 6 points, -5 GD, home to Spurs
Norwich City: 6 points, -5 GD, home to Villa

(we sit on 9 points)

Theoretically, if we lose really really badly against Newcastle and Wolves, Southampton, Everton, Brighton, and Norwich all win, (and Sheffield get a draw, and Burnley don't lose too badly), then we could fall as far as 17th which would be... interesting.

But the good news is we'll probably only fall two or three places to 12th or 13th.

So, there is that.

(Used Oddschecker odds to simulate 70,000 matches)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could you run 10,000 more simulations just to be on the safer side with the margin of error?

Skills

Snitch
And that's our lowest position after X games since when?

Which incredible are we going to break this weekend?

FireballXL5

It'll be interesting/depressing to see where we are at the end of November. At the current rate we'll be hovering around the drop zone.

ColvaleGoa

Are we supposed to be surprised by this? :D:D
Away loss is now part and parcel of supporting United. We have fallen that far,,but that is the charm of being a supporter ,,till Kick off its the hope that kills after Kick off its the team that kills us.!

Let's just try and enjoy this rollercoaster,,it will get better in 2-3 years!:angel:

el3mel

Newcastle are 19th in the table. By all means this should be a win even if we are shite. No excuses. Not winning this will be unacceptable.

In all honesty I could see us dropping pretty close to the relegation zone if our form doesn't improve drastically. Not saying we will be relegated.

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I had a dream last night that we played Chelsea and Kurt Zouma scored 6 past us. I couldn't believe my eyes at the time, we were dropping fast into the relegation zone.

12th looks rosy now.

Amerifan

Monte Carlo. Gotta love it.

If Sheffield, Brighton, or Norwich are above us then we’re in real trouble. Those are barely PL level sides.

el3mel

But our players are shite....haven’t you heard?
Well they sure are. What is that related to my post? What I'm saying that there are still some winnable even when you are shite and this should be one of them.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Well they sure are. What is that related to my post? What I'm saying that there are still some winnable even when you are shite and this should be one of them.
Nah I was just referencing some who seemingly doesn’t want to lay any blame or responsibility on the manager.

But yeah, an away win would be great. We can live in hope :nervous:

el3mel

Nah I was just referencing some who seemingly doesn’t want to lay any blame or responsibility on the manager.
Oh OK. My opinion on our clueless manage is known though. :D

Shark

@NotShark
Are we supposed to be surprised by this? :D:D
Away loss is now part and parcel of supporting United. We have fallen that far,,but that is the charm of being a supporter ,,till Kick off its the hope that kills after Kick off its the team that kills us.!

Let's just try and enjoy this rollercoaster,,it will get better in 2-3 years!:angel:
We are now in the Roy Hodgson stage of Liveroool’s decline. It doesn’t get any more grim.

AlwaysRed66

Brighton seem to have already caught us on points, having nearly beaten hapless Spurs.

Stacks

8 games is nothing to panic over. They used to not post the table until 10 games in during the old days. Only after 10 games does shit get real in that train of thought. We'll see where we are after 12 and then I'll start to consider it an emergency. We are always 2 wins away from a top 4 place at this current league

Banana Republic

Sheff Utd drawing away at Watford has stopped us dropping to 12th place today.
We've only dropped to 11th instead.
If we lose to Newcastle, we'll be in 11th to 13th spot, depending on other results.
Southampton home win against Chelsea?
Wolves beating City...not likely.
So it's 11th or 12th place by tomorrow evening.
A draw, it's 11th.
A win gets us back into the chasing crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

TommiHelm

The crazy thing is that we could be 5th if we win. This season will probably be the easiest 4th place ever, and we'll still somehow screw it up.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Imagine if we win 1-0, or 2-1. the Caf loyal will still be massively unhappy.

RedCurry

For many years I’ve been trying to get myself to watch Championship football. Maybe next year I will finally have to.