Wenger watch (post-Arsenal)

Member 5225

What’s he upto these days? Thought he wanted to stay in football and had (or at least would have) multiple opportunities to do so.

Anyone think he’d be ok at a senior footballing role at United or am I out of my mind?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Not having a dig but he considered becoming an archaeologist.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I'd love to see what Wenger could do with the French team.

LInkash

What's Wenger doing In Ghana? Just did a quick Google and apparently he met with their Tourism minister? Is he going against Arsenal's 'Visit Rwanda' thing and promoting an African country of his own?

Needham

We've been claiming we have a good squad with enough talent to be playing good football. If Mourinho does go I wouldn't say no on a caretaker basis.

ROFLUTION

'Ah yes, I've scouted this triceratops before the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event, oh what could have been'.
:lol:

"We studied the Majoris Silvaestresiraptor and found great bones, enough to withstand numerous defeats in battle"

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I want him to get a job at UEFA/FIFA. I think he could do good things, if allowed to.

buchansleftleg

He is still searching for the reason why he signed Wellbeck.

He's looking at finding an explanation through African animist / pagan rituals, as from a Judeo-Christian viewpoint, the answer is "God Knows!"

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wasn't he in Liberia last week when he got an award from George Weah?

Depends if he wants a bit of a break but way he was speaking end of last season he had offers and would be back in Football quickly so surprised it's all quiet.

Must be odd for him to wake up on matchdays when Arsenal are playing and not be involved, guess it was same for SAF first few months after his retirement.

Bold prediction....next West Ham manager.....

Aloysius's Back 3

Because his naive tactics would get destroyed by the cynic tactics deplyed by most Italian teams?
Not really - it's just that in my opinion; the Italian & French leagues are improving again. I'd like to see him to well. The Spanish league looks weaker every year whilst he obviously won't come to the Premier league again.

Fosu-Mens

Not really - it's just that in my opinion; the Italian & French leagues are improving again. I'd like to see him to well. The Spanish league looks weaker every year whilst he obviously won't come to the Premier league again.
He would do well in the french league as most teams(more accurate to say players) there are not so tactically "aware", meaning that they play high risk passing and often loses the ball in critical situations. Similar to how the premier league was 15 years ago.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
And yet we have won 9 of the last 10 european titles (5 CL+4 Europa League) :D

deafepl

He would do well in the french league as most teams(more accurate to say players) there are not so tactically "aware", meaning that they play high risk passing and often loses the ball in critical situations. Similar to how the premier league was 15 years ago.
Are you comparing the early peak Premier League to French league?! They would murder Wenger 2018 completely.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We've been claiming we have a good squad with enough talent to be playing good football. If Mourinho does go I wouldn't say no on a caretaker basis.
Sack Jose Mourinho, a serial winner, for Wenger?
Normally, I'd rip into someone for making a comment like that, but I won't bother this time around. it's too easy. :D

He is still searching for the reason why he signed Wellbeck.

He's looking at finding an explanation through African animist / pagan rituals, as from a Judeo-Christian viewpoint, the answer is "God Knows!"
:lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That makes absolutely no sense.

Fosu-Mens

That makes absolutely no sense.
Today most teams have a systematic approach for how to attack, either it being in defence or attack.
15 years ago this was not that normal, and part of the reason Mourinho was so succesful in the beginning.

Based on the ligue 1 matches i watched last season (besided Monaco and PSG), they reminded me of PL 15 years ago, in that it was hard to discern a style of play and the amount of risk involved in the play.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Regarding his Archeaology hobby/new career, he’s probably quietly observing all the digs going on at Mourinho,

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Can see him being at the next WC with an african national team. He literally loves Africa.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Wenker in. Seriously I'd take him.