We're a dark horse in next season's EL

Paul_Scholes18

Molde also a dark horse for europa league. OGS laid the foundations for that club I guess.

Eire Red United

We’re definitely a match for any team on our day, nothing to fear from any of the English teams, Barca and Madrid are nowhere near what they were, we know we can beat PSG. Atletico would be a challenge with how they play but I think we have more quality overall. Bayern are clearly head and shoulders above the rest but our attack would definitely cause them problems.

Then again we’re so hot and cold some random shite team could do us in the knockouts. (Assuming we get out of the group)

Paul_Scholes18

We’re definitely a match for any team on our day, nothing to fear from any of the English teams, Barca and Madrid are nowhere near what they were, we know we can beat PSG. Atletico would be a challenge with how they play but I think we have more quality overall. Bayern are clearly head and shoulders above the rest but our attack would definitely cause them problems.

Then again we’re so hot and cold some random shite team could do us in the knockouts. (Assuming we get out of the group)
Yeah agree with you. It would be typical for us to get Sevilla and get knocked out by them again.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The way we have played in the first two games - really does seem Ole feels at home in these European encounters and tactically it suits the squad to a tee where we are not being expected to dominate large swathes of possession and facing teams with very high lines - perfect for us to counter into with the nature of our forward line and even our defence (all of whom who prefer to defender a little deeper rather than play high and look to bomb forward).

Only teams we should fear is probably fellow English sides and perhaps Bayern. I do think Barca are a side who also probably look more comfortable in Europe but not a side we should fear - on paper we seem a good match for most sides.

Credit to Ole - can you really have said this about United over the past 6-7 years? I think league wise there is still some work to be done but I will take European progress and a dark horse UCL win ala Istanbul would be brilliant.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I feel absolutely confident we'd smash Dortmund to smithereens. I don't rate them that highly to be honest. If we keep this form, they're not one of those I'd be worried about.
Given how hot & cold we blow it wouldn’t surprise me if we won or lost 5-0 :lol:

Untd55

I think people are underestimating Liverpool. I know Van Dijk is important to them but I think Alison is more so. They were conceding a lot of goals even with Van Dijk at the start of last season; their defence did not improve until Alison came back into the team.

Bayern Munich and Liverpool are the major threats to winning the Champions League. Atletico Madrid won't win the Champions League, but I could see that being a very tough game for us with the way they play.

Not worried about Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan etc. They aren't out there, although they have got some very good players.

Not worried about City really - without Aguero they are blunted. Mad that they didn't try to sign a replacement.

Gasolin

Yeah agree with you. It would be typical for us to get Sevilla and get knocked out by them again.
Last time we could not get VdB, Cavani and Matic or Scott as subs to make an impact. This time, we could... I think it would change the game for us, especially after how we dominated them.