We're about to go on a title run, stop with the negativity

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least wait for the Chelsea game before knee jerking a thread off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Deluded if you think that. If we lose someone created ‘are we going to get relegated’. We beat a weak PSG team and now suddenly we are on a title campaign. Our biggest issue is we aren’t consistent and that’s why we won’t win the title.
Weak PSG team.
Champions league runners up with Di Maria, Mbappe Neymar is all.

Josep Dowling

Weak PSG team.
Champions league runners up with Di Maria, Mbappe Neymar is all.
And what about behind the front 3? They had no creativity in their midfield at all. It was a weak PSG team compared to their full strength. It was a good result but as usual people over blow these things.

Lentwood

I think this thread is premature and the OP is likely to get nothing but snarky responses from the doom and gloom merchants every time we drop a point.

However, I can see were OP is coming from. Liverpool and City look vulnerable. If we could replicate our post-restart points per game total against mid-tier/lower-tier opposition whilst maintaining our good record against the top four its not out of the question we could get much closer

But since this is RedCafe the “aRe We GoNna Get RelEGAted” thread likely to be far more popular

A-man

There are no obvious superior teams this season, even though I believe City will get their shit together and win the title in the end.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
I'm all for positivity and this is definitely a welcome break from the "we are small time" type of threads but maybe wait till we play a few more games?
The league definitely looks more open this year but we've had one good game in the league this year and then a great result vs PSG but that was preceded by a few shocking games. Granted that we weren't at full fitness then but I'd say let's wait and watch who shows up this season - Jekyll or Hyde.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's time the forum had thread moderation :annoyed:

Glorio

I'm an Ole inner, a positive kinda guy, and usually supportive and optimistic about the team, but this thread - you must have some serious belief in these players! Or maybe you're a negative closet outter, but a master schemer who is setting up your next attack :lol:

Either way, it's a ticking time bomb :nervous:

fezzerUTD

Jesus christ, win 2 games and now we are going on a title run :lol: .

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No this isn't a wumming thread. Last season this squad showed their mettle through getting top 4. People overreact to a few games. We are about to show everyone who the feck we are.
We are fecking Manchester United and we are going to win the league this year and we will show everyone who we are vs Chelsea later today.
Ole has already shown that true great management spirit by dropping Green wood and Pogba for valid reasons. All you opposing fans get ready to really hate us again and all you "so called" United fans unhappy with management get ready to feel unhappy because we are about to be successful again.
I dont understand why posts like this often have "we are fecking Manchester United". What does that even mean? Manchester United are mediocre and haven't been title challengers for 8 years or so. The name doesn't mean we get to challenge for the title.

Carl

I mean, I admire your optimism and that.

Carl

Do RAWK have a thread laughing at redcafe ? This thread will be incredible for that
We spent years sneering at RAWK but what this period of mediocrity has shown us is that this place and our fans are actually no different. The football forums have been a pretty toxic place to be over the years.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We've had a good week. Let the man dream. Win the next three and we're right in the conversation, whether the Caf likes it or not.

SSSSnake

Steady on chap. We ideally need to go on a long run and take some scalps including City and Liverpool to be taken serious. Can’t see much more then being in the hunt for top four.

shaky

I completely agree. Title challenge is a possibility. The biggest obstacle to a challenge looked like being either City or Liverpool just smashing it again this season and hitting 100 points. From what I've seen so far, that ain't very likely now. If the target is around the 85-90 point mark, we have a chance.

Chairman Steve

It would be nice if we won games without the need of a penalty. I’d like to see more games where we win comprehensively without the need of getting one, and we won games where goals were scored from open-play more through nice attack patterns.

I know thats somewhat out of our control but we get so many pens that it’s almost embarrassing in some way.

sillwuka

The league is anyone's to win.

We have to be back at some point and let's believe we can do it this year. Off pure ability, our starting 11 can challenge. Let's just hope they are on song over the next few months. Come on United!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There are no obvious superior teams this season, even though I believe City will get their shit together and win the title in the end.
Liverpool have cruised out wins v Chelsea and Arsenal.
They've had one freak result and drawn one of their traditonally toughest away games v Everton.

Even with vd out they're still very much the team to beat.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I want us to win the title only scoring penalties. The pure vitriol and hatred this would create amongst other fans would be so enjoyable.

SSSSnake

It would be nice if we won games without the need of a penalty. I’d like to see more games where we win comprehensively without the need of getting one, and we won games where goals were scored from open-play more through nice attack patterns.

I know thats somewhat out of our control but we get so many pens that it’s almost embarrassing in some way.
I don’t buy into this Pen agenda. 99% of the pens are looked at by VAR so they are almost guaranteed a penalty. I can only think or 1 or 2 that were a little soft. Anyways it pisses of the ABU’s so I’m all for it!

Wayne's World

We have no chance, I'd say we have a better chance of winning the Champions League with the way we set up and the huge decline of big clubs across Europe, except Bayern Munich

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
I dont understand why posts like this often have "we are fecking Manchester United". What does that even mean? Manchester United are mediocre and haven't been title challengers for 8 years or so. The name doesn't mean we get to challenge for the title.
it means i started following the club sometime in 1993 or shortly there after.

A-man

They've had one freak result and drawn one of their traditonally toughest away games v Everton.

I’ve watched their matches and don’t think they look so strong as before. The defence has looked weaker than before. Missing VvD is not only missing the best defender in the league. Imo he is making their whole way of playing possible. Without his exceptional ability to win back the ball I don’t think they can play that high line. I don’t see Liverpool being superior this year. They might still win but I don’t expect them to end up around 100 points.

crossy1686

career ending

Liverpool haven't had anywhere near the same intensity to their play since about February, not to mention how lucky they've been over the last 18 months. This year will be much closer than previous.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Why don’t teams stop chopping us down in the box then?! Our attackers are all too tricky for the majority of defenders is the reason, that’s not really our fault. It doesn’t matter how you score In the end.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve watched their matches and don’t think they look so strong as before. The defence has looked weaker than before. Missing VvD is not only missing the best defender in the league. Imo he is making their whole way of playing possible. Without his exceptional ability to win back the ball I don’t think they can play that high line. I don’t see Liverpool being superior this year. They might still win but I don’t expect them to end up around 100 points.
Liverpool haven't had anywhere near the same intensity to their play since about February, not to mention how lucky they've been over the last 18 months. This year will be much closer than previous.

Well chaps - needless to say I'd be delighted for you both to be right!!

Falcow

I agree with overall point made by OP, regardless of today's result. Our squad starting this season is so much better than the one that started last one when you look at the ins and outs:

Out - Smalling, Sanchez, Young, Andrea's, Dalot, Romero and Jones (neither in PL squad).

In - Bruno, DVB, Henderson, Telles, Cavani, Tuanzebe, (you know what I mean) Ighalo and the two youngsters. The first 5 are easily good enough to start and I think Cavani will prove to be as well.

I think we have a good chance of winning the league if we are reasonably lucky with injuries and with the squad so strong now we would have to be very very unlucky with injuries to end up with Lingard and Mata in central midfield which is pretty much what happened at times last season.

I dont think City are much better than us, if at all, their squad is poorer than ours, in my opinion. Pool are better team for sure but the loss of Dick Van Dyke certainly narrows the gap.

Cavani is a big unknown, if he is more Zlatan than Falcao then I think we can and maybe will do it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why don’t teams stop chopping us down in the box then?! Our attackers are all too tricky for the majority of defenders is the reason, that’s not really our fault. It doesn’t matter how you score In the end.
Yep - it's as annoying as the Howard Webb nonsense that gets repeatedly dragged out.
For any United fan who knows the truth, the second all that stuff started, we actually started getting harsh decisions off him as he was scared of the myth continuing.

Of all the last 15 or so pens we've had, only the one where Bruno turned and actually stepped on the opponent wasn't one.

The rest have obviously been pens.

Even the one v Newcastle where someone studded into Rashford after he'd released the ball had Shearer trying to suggest that wasn't a pen!
Ridiculous.