We're about to go on a title run, stop with the negativity

The United

Can you imagine if we had won at Leicester? This is why I was so disappointed in losing that match. We would have been equal with Liverpool and even drawing with them would be still on equal points if we win against Villa.
Rio has pointed out what is going wrong with our defence. The players and the coaching staff has to fine tune it he says. I do not think the players think for themselves and talk among themselves. Why do we not have a good defensive coach in the set up? Someone who has played top level football as a defender?
Well, tbh, there are and will be matches we think we should do better throughout the season. It balanced out itself over the season more or less.

And, we didn't lose that match.

Also, top defensive coach does not have to be a former top defender. It hardly works that way.

Eriku

They don't tell a full picture but predicting a huge jump in our PPG on average just because Klopp did the same is fanciful imo.
That's why I said we have to wait for performances to improve (significantly imo) before talking about a title race.
Those averages include our atrocious start to the season, for which there are extenuating circumstances.

I totally agree we should temper our excitement, but those stats are somewhat misleading.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Does anyone actually think we look like champions? I mean to be fair no-one else does except maybe the dippers. But we sure don't.

Holocaust denier.
Ok I'll bite? Why is Dennis Irwin a holocaust denier????

el3mel

3 points away from the top with a game in hand !! Get in baby !

We're winning the league !!

Hughie77

One game at a time, take it like that, I think oles been pretty ok with team selection over the xmas period so far. Villa on boxing day is tough test there playing much better than last season.
Let's see where we are after 25 games. If were at the top or few points off then league is on.

The United

Its clear Liverpool has momentum, form and strategy issues on how to beat low block teams.
Nah, it only happens to Ole. One of more level headed or used to be guy was saying how teams usually don't need a bit of breaks in some games to win the titles in EPL.

He was probably 5 when we were winning titles after titles with SAF in late 2000s.

slored1

Wouldn't say it's on yet. We need to beat Villa and need not to lose to Pool. Then I'll start believing.

Foxbatt

Well, tbh, there are and will be matches we think we should do better throughout the season. It balanced out itself over the season more or less.

And, we didn't lose that match.

Also, top defensive coach does not have to be a former top defender. It hardly works that way.
What are you on about? A defender who has played at top level and who is a coach is going to be a better defensive coach than who has never played at top level as a defender.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The thing that worried me with Liverpool was that they got to play Chelsea away at a perfect time and beat them - played City with players out and got a 0-0 away from home, and were bloody lucky Tottenham missed chances to grab a last min winner. Also got a draw at Goodison.

But Brighton, WBA and Newcastle dropped points has re-addressed the "played some of the tough games" out a lot now.

Game by game, but we need to see Villa off in any style at all.

Then it gets very interesting.

Anfield with no fans will help as well

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What are you on about? A defender who has played at top level and who is a coach is going to be a better defensive coach than who has never played at top level as a defender.
What, like Tony Adams, Steve Bould and Mark Lawrenson?
They were all utter horlicks at defensive coaching.

Tony Adams was so crap at Wycombe he reckoned our star centre back Roger Johnson wasn't even a defender!
2 years later he was playing in the premier league!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Exactly. Just like Mourinho.

WakeAndBeek

Fantastic result today, strange season for sure, none of the teams up there can string together any consistency against the lower sides.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All the incentive in the world to beat Villa on Friday.

But that Anfield game is huge. Imagine being the ones to end their record there. That would really get the juices flowing.

90 + 5min

All the incentive in the world to beat Villa on Friday.

But that Anfield game is huge. Imagine being the ones to end their record there. That would really get the juices flowing.
It wouldn't be the first time we put stop to a great run for opposition

If Liverpool are playing Philips we could have good chance to at least score.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Philips is league one standard. If he’s playing at Anfield our front three will take him apart.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I lumped Utd to win the title. 100 at 340/1 at the end of November.

Ole's Red and White Army :devil:

AshRK

We definitely deserve more credit than we are getting. I was listening to different pundits and most are reacting as if United are a joke club who are there by fluke but then go ajd defend Lampard. Not only the manager but even our players bar Bruno is not getting any credit. Rashford has already scored 14 goals in all competitions and there is no mention of that. I hope we keep on getting the wins to just rile these people up even more.

Relem

Jesus wept. Coaching is a different skill set to playing. Who's the better coach... Shearer or Mourinho?

RedDevilzFox

Title run talk is a bit premature considering few points separate all top teams. If we're still thereabouts in March 2021 it'll get real.

MiracleInMadrid

If we win the next two games it will be a proof that we are heading in the right direction with the squad and management. I haven't been the biggest believer in Ole, but if he manages us to be top of the league medio January after beating the the reigning champions and current leaders, I have to give in. Especially when taking into account that we had a bad transfer window in the summer where we only managed to address few of the needed positions.

Even if we end up winning the next to, and then end up throwing it all away during the spring and run-in, it will still be a step in the right direction, and something that we can build on in future seasons.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Win against Villa and Liverpool, then we can talk. To win those two in the circumstances would show the sort of grit and consistency we've massively lacked for years.

In reality I don't think its on, but if we can run Liverpool close, it's a big improvement on basically any season we've had in the league since Fergie.

Also if Bruno gets injured it's over.
Agreed.

Though if we get a really good signing in January we might be able to keep the momentum going.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Looking at it. This is really our golden chance to win the league.

All big teams are struggling this season and dropping points left, right and center. Liverpool dropped 4 points against the likes of Fulham and West Brom. City are having a bang average season. Chelsea have won one of their last 5 matches. Spurs have won one in their last 6 as well.

Even with our terrible start, we are currently the team in form in the league. It's a golden chance for us if we manage to keep Bruno fit and keep grinding wins, we can either win it all or at least have a pretty close title race.

Win the next and avoid any loss against Liverpool and I will be pleased. This season can be a lot of fun from here going forward (well, as long as they don't postpone due to COVID outbreak or something).
Crucially, we need the players to possess your train of thought. It's now down to them to look at this as a golden chance as you put it. Ole can motivate them all he wants, give them tactics to carry out but it is of utmost importance that they step up themselves and grab this opportunity. If they do, we have a real chance. They'll fight a bit harder, run a bit faster, think a bit quicker. Let's see if they're winners.