Wesley Moraes

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We've signed him for a club record fee from Club Brugge.

That's all I know. Just checked and he's not been capped by Brazil at any level (seems he moved to play in Belgium very young which often means you can get ignored back home until you move up the world leagues) but obviously his scoring record is very good.

Few Belgian guys on here so just wondering what his style in, targetman or quicker striker who can play inbetween the lines more.

Last time we signed someone from Belgium league it was actually Benteke although he only came in for 7m so more pressure on Wes.

izec

Never heard of him before. 10 goals and 9 assists in 28 league games isnt great, but still ok.

Looking at his physique, he is built like a tank with proper height to boot at 1,91m. Going off youtube videos, he looks like a target man that brings others into play and can score some goals. Not surprised he didnt get called up, doesnt look like a typical Brazilian striker.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

@FootballHQ I went to check out about the player and found out a tweet about a guy here in Portugal who follows a lot of youth football and he happens to work for Eleven Sports here, also he comments games from the Belgian League.

His assessment is that it was a great signing for Villa and his attributes are suited to the Premier League.

Without going OTT here I would take his insight as somewhat more credible than me looking at stats or highlights. He even mentioned Joelinton from Hoffenheim to praise him.

Of course bigger profile players who arrived in England failed, but sometimes you need to take risks.

If the club gets it right he can even reach the Brazilian NT, who knows?

Anyway it looks he has a bit of bad disciplinary record there. Also scouted last season by Dortmund and Arsenal.

Can’t say nothing more than this, certainly the Belgian posters know more than me.

Last edited:

Ramos

We've signed him for a club record fee from Club Brugge.

That's all I know. Just checked and he's not been capped by Brazil at any level (seems he moved to play in Belgium very young which often means you can get ignored back home until you move up the world leagues) but obviously his scoring record is very good.

Few Belgian guys on here so just wondering what his style in, targetman or quicker striker who can play inbetween the lines more.

Last time we signed someone from Belgium league it was actually Benteke although he only came in for 7m so more pressure on Wes.
Definitely a target man, battering ram type. No doubt about it.

He's a huge, imposing dude. Strong, good hold-up play, good in the air. Also has quite a temper. Got a few reds for reacting to challenges.

Doesn't score a whole lot though, but was very instrumental in their attacks. Constant burden for the defense.

He's definitely very talented but 25 mil is a big gamble. Didn't think he would go for that much to be honest. Lacks a bit of flair to justify that price. Won't create goals out of nothing, but i can see why a Premier League team would love a player with his qualities.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s big and he’s tireless. Will fit a relegation-battling side in the PL all year.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
He certainly was one of the best strikers in the Belgian league. Although that's obviously not saying much. He had 13 goals and 7 assists last year, so about 1 goal/assist per 2 games.

He's definitely the PL type: fast, physical and strong and with fairly strong killer instinct. The only worry I would have is that Aston Villa aren't exactly going to be dominating teams like Brugge (often) does in Belgium, so he'll have to adapt into becoming more of a counter-attacking target man.

Overall a good deal I think, should give you Benteke like numbers

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
I have to be honest: From what little I've seen of him I'm very underwhelmed at the given price. At PL level he'll be seen as slow, and he appears to have very little confidence in his left foot. His link up play seems pretty good, but if you're relying on him to be a main goal scoring threat you will be very disappointed.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting replies guys, thanks for that.

We had Tammy Abraham last year, the poacher type but who also had good movement around the box. I think given it seems he's going to be first choice he'd be a livewire mobile type rather than just targetman.

Lets me to think he's more a development signing (even for a big price) and he won't be first choice but we'll see. First Brazilian to actually play for the club.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Interesting replies guys, thanks for that.

We had Tammy Abraham last year, the poacher type but who also had good movement around the box. I think given it seems he's going to be first choice he'd be a livewire mobile type rather than just targetman.

Lets me to think he's more a development signing (even for a big price) and he won't be first choice but we'll see. First Brazilian to actually play for the club.
Without knowing much I think he has the tools to be a starter, now if he is going to deliver is another matter. Villa plays with 2 upfront isn’t it?

Nevertheless I trust that guy assessment even if he recognises it is a big step for him. Maybe the normal step would be a move to Ligue 1 or Bundesliga but this days clubs coming from the Championship have more money to spend.

Always hard to judge a player when he goes to England. For example I thought Jimenez would flop at Wolves because he was a bench player for Benfica. Probably will struggle in his first year, but if he integrates well into the team in 2/3 years you can make a profit.

dablem_10

The guy played in slovakia for AS trencin in past for half year. Some fans said back then that this guy couldnt play fifth slovak level, which is around sunday league level. I would never say he would cost that much money one day. Funny thing this club also brought few others to europe / or helped them to adapt ( Moses Simon, Samuel Kalu, Leon Bailey [only for few months]). Club is owned by former Ajax player, without not big investments just by contacts to agents. This year they beat feyenord 5:0 but then almost being relegated :D
By style i guess he is Rondon type forward, lets see

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Without knowing much I think he has the tools to be a starter, now if he is going to deliver is another matter. Villa plays with 2 upfront isn’t it?

Nevertheless I trust that guy assessment even if he recognises it is a big step for him. Maybe the normal step would be a move to Ligue 1 or Bundesliga but this days clubs coming from the Championship have more money to spend.

Always hard to judge a player when he goes to England. For example I thought Jimenez would flop at Wolves because he was a bench player for Benfica. Probably will struggle in his first year, but if he integrates well into the team in 2/3 years you can make a profit.
Nah it's always 4-2-3-1 under Dean Smith, one central striker with two wide players (one will be El Ghazi and another to be signed) with Grealish as number 10.