West Brom sack Darren Moore

I'm so confused...they're currently 4th.
Hopefully he finds a better club.

Lynty

Bizarre.

They’ve had a bad spell recently. Maybe the club sense he’s lost the dressing room and are acting before promotion chances disappear.

Possibly like we should have done with Jose.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
The Club took the decision after a disappointing run of results which has seen Albion lose ground in the challenge for automatic promotion from the Sky Bet Championship.

Albion have won just four of their last 12 league games and suffered defeats by fellow promotion contenders.

Ah, there it is.

buckooo1978

as someone who has quite a few quid on them to go up they've been far too inconsistent

they've the best squad in the Championship and should be doing better

I'm hoping they get a positive bump for the last 10 games

I think Moore has done ok but I've heard West Brom fans question his tactical ability albeit on those radio phone ins where your average caller isn't always the most knowledgeable

vanderpants

strange decision to make, I liked him and was doing an excellent job, hope they miss the play offs now

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It looks like WBA have delusions of grandeur - seeing themselves as natural automatic promotion candidates, when there's no such thing.

That said, I've not watched them during this recent run of form. I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, with the squad or between the manager and the board. First instinct though was that Moore was doing a decent job and this is like the Derby board deciding it was a good idea to have 7 managers in less than 3 years.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They were safely ensconced in the play off positions so they still had a chance of going up?? I don't get it. Well, then again I probably do but not going to get into it here. Moore probably had to work twice as hard to prove himself and will probably never get another gig again. Same old story. They'll probably go for someone like Paul Clement, Paul Lambert or Gary Rowett. Hope they sink fast! They'll get what they deserve!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another black manager bites the dust. Have to do twice as much typically.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What, promotion *and* FA Cup?
Yea, that should be enough to get the token pass.

I’m still angry at the way Chris Hughton was treated by Newcastle. He got them promoted to the PL, then had them 6th before being sacked and replaced by - Allan fecking Pardew! Ridiculous. I think I’d have been more comfortable about it if he were sacked because an unmissable opportunity to get Pep or something arose, but to eat a manager with no bigger pedigree himself just stank to me. He was doing a fantastic job was Hughton.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He did so well for them when he unexpectedly became caretaker manager. Hope WBA tumble now. Shit decision.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Rash to say the least when you think Sarri hasn’t been sacked by Chelsea despite being lower in their league than WBA are in theirs

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It looks like WBA have delusions of grandeur - seeing themselves as natural automatic promotion candidates, when there's no such thing.

That said, I've not watched them during this recent run of form. I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, with the squad or between the manager and the board. First instinct though was that Moore was doing a decent job and this is like the Derby board deciding it was a good idea to have 7 managers in less than 3 years.
Any Championship club (bar rare exceptions like Newcastle) who "expect"/feel like they have a devine right to finish in the top 2, need to get real.

Mickson

I agree that they should be top 2, they have the best squad in the league. I think Moore is okayish but I've seen a lot of WBA lately and they haven't really performed. A little surprising but I think they can do better, and they seem to think that as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’ve heard many say WBA should be pissing that league with their strike force, and squad in general really, so to be 4th just wasn’t good enough. If they think someone should be getting more out of those players, then that’s their decision.

It does worry me slightly that another caretaker manager has been sacked after their instant impact gradually faded away.

AndyJ1985

Many clubs have gone down never to be seen in the premier league again. It's obviously very difficult to get promoted straight away, so being 4th with 10 games left is hardly punishable by sacking.

Apart from Newcastle how many clubs have been relegated then finished in the top 2 the following season?

Steven Seagull

It’s not because he’s black. Change the fecking record.

They’re on a poor run of form and he’s made some baffling decisions. His two assistants have gone as well, who were rumoured to be making a lot of the decisions because Moore is a bit clueless

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It does worry me slightly that another caretaker manager has been sacked after their instant impact gradually faded away.
Just enjoy the impact. A chap a work (United fan) said he hoped Ole would not "be a Di Matteo". If Ole did "do a Di Matteo" (win both the FA Cup and Champions League but then be shit next season) I would think he'd take that.

Bola

WBA are impatient to get back up. From what i hewrd on Talksport yesterday, the feeling was that the manager could be doing better with thst squad and the club was on a trajectory to miss out on the automatic promotion

A change at the helm could give them that 'bounce' to push on this season, but it is a gamble thst could backfire. On the latter, their recent appointments havn't been inspiring, Pardew was a failure and Pullis brought dire survival football

Also, just glanced at the list of previous managers, around 2 years appears to the max duration for manager tenures in the post war era

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are West Brom really a club who should expect to be in the premiership?

Is suppose if you look at the table there is a valid question to be asked why they are not in the dust up for the top two when its Norwich, Leeds and Sheffield Utd above them.

There is the argument as well that you really need to be carrying momentum into the play offs as those with stuttering or poor form, regardless of which of the four play off places they are in, usually dont go up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

They’re on a poor run of form and he’s made some baffling decisions. His two assistants have gone as well, who were rumoured to be making a lot of the decisions because Moore is a bit clueless
Didn’t say it’s ‘because’ he is black. I said ‘another black manager bites the dust’.

Why would the board wake up one day and decide ‘hang on, didn’t realise our manager was black all this time, you’re sacked’? It doesn’t work like that, but the metrics appear to be slightly different I do maintain.

Steven Seagull

Didn’t say it’s ‘because’ he is black. I said ‘another black manager bites the dust’.

Why would the board wake up one day and decide ‘hang on, didn’t realise our manager was black all this time, you’re sacked’? It doesn’t work like that, but the metrics appear to be slightly different I do maintain.
There is literally a post in here that says it’s because he’s black. May be sarcastic though.

Anyways they’ve binned his white assistants as well. He should have that squad closer to Norwich than he does and they’ve just been thumped by Leeds and drew with the worst side in the league.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Doubt anyone thinks he was sacked because he was black.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There is literally a post in here that says it’s because he’s black. May be sarcastic though.

Anyways they’ve binned his white assistants as well. He should have that squad closer to Norwich than he does and they’ve just been thumped by Leeds and drew with the worst side in the league.
He’s still well in the promotion hunt, and his sacking is generally being treated as odd.

Zlatattack

That's a shame. I like Darren Moore. He used to look like a nightclub bouncer in the Derby County defence.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just enjoy the impact. A chap a work (United fan) said he hoped Ole would not "be a Di Matteo". If Ole did "do a Di Matteo" (win both the FA Cup and Champions League but then be shit next season) I would think he'd take that.
This is exactly how I'm looking at it. I'm just enjoying every game, and not for a second expecting it to last. I don't think we're still in the honeymoon period, but at the same time I think it's naive to expect this level of performance long term. I don't think it's as simple as "we're back!" anyway, so yeah I'm just enjoying this crazy sequence while it lasts. With that said, I'm fully behind Ole. How could you not be?