West Brom sack Darren Moore

Skills

Snitch
Yep, watching the penalties last night I thought that will teach you.
Christ the decision to sack Moore makes Woody look like a footballing genius.
Just because a manager isn't doing a dreadful job doesn't mean he's doing a good one too. This places hero worshiping of managers is sickening.

That squad should've gone up automatically and once you drop into play offs it could go either way.

Minkaro

Chris Hughton next manager?
As soon as I saw he’d been sacked, I said to my dad WBA should go for him.

He’ll have a lot of work to do. They’re set to lose Holgate, Adarabioyo, Johansen, Montero, Murphy and Gayle through loan expiry. Then Hoolahan, Brunt, Harper, Morrison, Barry and Myhill are all on contracts expiring this summer.

Brunt and Morrison may stay. Harper is a talented youngster, and I’m sure other clubs will be interested.

But if they all go, that leaves them with:

GK: Johnstone, Bond

DF: Dawson, Hegazy, Bartley, Gibbs, Townsend, Mears

MF: Livermore, Field, Robson-Kanu, Phillips, Leko

FW: Rodriguez.

They’ve also got Nyom, Burke and Rondon out on loan, but I’m not sure any of them will be part of next season’s squad.

That’s a squad lacking quantity and quality.

Boneli

That’s a squad lacking quantity and quality.
And bottle, judging by the way the forward players hid and let the defenders take the first four penalties. Shameful that was.

crossy1686

career ending
Chris Hughton next manager?
Didn't they just sack a black manager for being black? Hughton's got no chance and he shouldn't manage these scum bags on principle anyway, he deserves better than that.

Mind you, I've got a feeling he'll end up back at Newcastle after Rafa bins it this summer...

Minkaro

And bottle, judging by the way the forward players hid and let the defenders take the first four penalties. Shameful that was.
To be fair Jon Leko was the only forward player left on the pitch at the time.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Didn't they just sack a black manager for being black? Hughton's got no chance and he shouldn't manage these scum bags on principle anyway, he deserves better than that.
Some people believe that. I can't say categorically that it wasn't the case but I've not seen any evidence that would lead me to think it was.

Moore was sacked harshly or prematurely in the eyes of many and I'd sympathise with that view to an extent. But then I think they've also binned off some of their previous managers early when they were in the PL. They tended to fire guys as soon as they got to around 16th or 17th place and seem to think they should be a safe mid-table Premier League club that should walk the Championship.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Mind you, I've got a feeling he'll end up back at Newcastle after Rafa bins it this summer...
Jesus christ.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So no one should ever be sacked just our managers?

Ludens the Red

Just because a manager isn't doing a dreadful job doesn't mean he's doing a good one too. This places hero worshiping of managers is sickening.

That squad should've gone up automatically and once you drop into play offs it could go either way.
Really? That squad? I must be missing something. They’ve got a few good strikers but not seeing much else great in that squad.
Also how many times does a team get relegated and bounce straight back winning the league ? Basically never happens. Nothing special about this West Brom team that would go against that grain.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Really? That squad? I must be missing something. They’ve got a few good strikers but not seeing much else great in that squad.
Also how many times does a team get relegated and bounce straight back winning the league ? Basically never happens. Nothing special about this West Brom team that would go against that grain.
Newcastle did it a while back under Benitez.

But then that was Benitez, and that Newcastle team was better than this West Brom one.

I do think on paper it is one of the strongest in the league, but in the championship that's not all that counts.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Likes of Dawson, Gibbs and Hegazi are good defenders in this league. Midfield is old but lots of experience with Brunt, Barry and Livermore.

Big moment in their season was when Harvey Barnes was recalled in January. They never replaced him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They had no forward players on the pitch left to take penalties. Barry, Brunt, Gayle and Rodriguez would've all been on penalties but weren't on the pitch for various reasons.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Hey, it's fecking disgraceful if true and they should be called out on it. Absolutely no room for it in society.
:lol:

There's absolutely zero evidence whatsoever that they sacked him because of his skin colour. There may be an argument that black managers don't get the time or patience that others do (although these claims lack solid evidence as well) but the idea Moore was sacked because he's black is nothing but idle speculation.

In all honesty they probably sacked him because the club felt they should have been achieving automatic promotion, which they weren't. Whether that's a fair expectation or not is up for debate, but people really shouldn't be accusing clubs of racism just because they sacked a black manager.

Classical Mechanic

I think they did have the best squad on paper anyway, especially when they had Harvey Barnes, most had played in the Premier League for many seasons.

Think Newcastle and West Ham both got promoted the season after going down in recent years too.

lewwoo

Why would the club hire him in the first place if they were racist? Oh wait maybe just so they could build his hopes up and then enjoy sacking him a few months later. Those racist pigs.