The Hawthorns

Kick-off
Sun, 14 February 2021 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Congrats City for another title win. We just can't beat the smaller teams at the minute, hoping for a title challenge at this point seems like a pipe dream.
    Does this have to be said every time we drop points?

It's really, really frustrating to see how little confidence our attackers have at the moment. Martial and Rashford in particular. Poor form we're in. Shocking considering a recent nine goal win.

manichester

No urgency aside from the last 5 miniutes and just before half time, weak mentality from back to front. West Brom had the best chances and we could have easily lost.

Deery

Dreary
    Dropped too many points to weak teams, could see us drop out of the top 4 at this rate...

Josh 76

Could be out of the top 4 in a few weeks.
    1 point from WBA and Sheff Utd is shocking!

Eriku

He blew after 2 mins.

There isn’t anything I saw noted for corners in stoppage time.

Unless I missed anything.
    I didn’t say anything about corners. Unless I missed anything?

He didn’t blow at 2 mins, he allowed for 15 secs more as an attack was in progress, and we were 5 secs away from a potential goal and had a clear runway.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I’ve supported Ole this whole time even in the lows but this is the worst spell under his management and is really testing my support. I’ve often said I can see the progress, perhaps when others couldn’t but this is the first time we look to have really started to look aimless. Yes there’s still holes in this side that are causing us issues, but that’s not an excuse for the last few weeks.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    WB had the better chances as well in that second half.

I have been saying for ages that we are not coached as an attacking unit. We rely on individual brilliance rather than collective brilliance to break teams down.

If Nagglesman becomes available in the summer we would be fools not to go for him.

Its kind of similar to Chelsea with Lampard. It is just not working for Ole.

Brunos celebration as well looked like he is fed up.

Hughie77

Why cant we just finish teams off like these 2 brick walls we cant get past . Feck it post. Points dropped again. Great save but really poor again . This is Us just proves we need reinforcements in the summer. Inconsistent play inconsistent team. Ok let's move on not happy but everyone can see what's needed next season if we want to win the league.

GMoore23

Johnstone with the save of the season at the end. Typical display from one of our past keepers.
    All in all we didn't deserve to win anyway.

SirMattlives

Lots of anger here - but the reality is we really never threatened them....lots of possession and passing it about but we ran into their defense and then just kept repeating that ad nauseum. We were dull up front.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Right at the earliest whispers of my football memories - I couldn't have been more than 8 or 9. Cantona got a couple as well didn't he?
    yes... first one an awful header back from someone which turned the game

mattunited1978

doommonger
    Asolute fecking shite. Greenwood our best attacker...If only he'd started, well done Ole, fecking shite.

Acole9

Outstanding
    Lots of anger here - but the reality is we really never threatened them....lots of possession and passing it about but we ran into their defense and then just kept repeating that ad nauseum. We were dull up front.
    A sensible assessment. Pretty much what I just said to the Mrs not that she cares.

UmbroDays

I didn’t say anything about corners. Unless I missed anything?

He didn’t blow at 2 mins, he allowed for 15 secs more as an attack was in progress, and we were 5 secs away from a potential goal and had a clear runway.
    If he blew the whilst at 47:07-17 which is still enough time for a little extra e.g. slow corner taking, if we were 5 seconds from a potential goal there is absolutely nothing in the rule book that says he should have let us carry on.

Take your rose tinted specs off

Hughie77

WB had the better chances as well in that second half.

I have been saying for ages that we are not coached as an attacking unit. We rely on individual brilliance rather than collective brilliance to break teams down.

If Nagglesman becomes available in the summer we would be fools not to go for him.

Its kind of similar to Chelsea with Lampard. It is just not working for Ole.

Brunos celebration as well looked like he is fed up.
    We get top 4 and UCL, theres is no change in manager? But saying that Oles contract hasn't been sorted, so maybe they are looking at a change, the trouble with that is everyone goes, all the coaches, and sometimes that can be detrimental as well.

johanovic

How in hell can OGS give the focking ref a five aftet this shitshow...imagine Fergie doing that. ..stand your fecking ground OGS and show some fecking fire in your belly when facing this kind of shitshow..imagine Klopp, Mourinho,Guardiola and co just sitting there and taking it..then smiles and high five afterwards..for fecks sake

Eriku

If he blew the whilst at 47:07-17 which is still enough time for a little extra e.g. slow corner taking, if we were 5 seconds from a potential goal there is absolutely nothing in the rule book that says he should have let us carry on.

Take your rose tinted specs off
    Just saying, they were allowed time because a chance was on, we weren’t.

feck off with your specs, the rules aren’t unequivocal on this. Disagree and move the feck on, you know nothing of my biases.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
    Mason was our best player, and he was only on for 30 minutes.
    I can't for the life of me understand why we keep benching to play Rashford out of position so we can play Martial on the left.

It just doesn't make any sense. And no, I don't mean to run down Martial, he simply does not justify it.

It's like we enjoy shooting our feet three times before the game has even started.

Matt851

I’ve supported Ole this whole time even in the lows but this is the worst spell under his management and is really testing my support. I’ve often said I can see the progress, perhaps when others couldn’t but this is the first time we look to have really started to look aimless. Yes there’s still holes in this side that are causing us issues, but that’s not an excuse for the last few weeks.
    What progress do you think we have made since last season. To my mind the only progress is shaw playing better and we scored more goals against weaker teams earlier in the season but those are offset by other areas in which we have got worse

People pont to us being second but we arent any closer to challenging for the title its just that liverpools form has collapsed

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

feck off with your specs, the rules aren’t unequivocal on this. Disagree and move the feck on, you know nothing of my biases.
    Should have ended when the ball was cleared, but the moment we got it back it's 100% new phase of play, no two ways about it as possesion has switched over. You definitely have to blow at that point.

rollingstoned1

Positives? We are in a top 4 race and not a title race and based on just that this result isn't such a bad one.
    Negatives are that we will.need considerable upgradation if we are to challenge.

bsCallout

That is knee jerk. That was an awful performance but we've played some of our best football under him recently and been let down by our defence.

Without Pogba though we are hopeless against the low block still. Pogba and Bruno have to both start against these sort of teams. We are going to need a CDM and ball playing CM if we lose Pogba.

UmbroDays

Why so emotional?!

TrustInJanuzaj

What progress do you think we have made since last season. To my mind the only progress is shaw playing better and we scored more goals against weaker teams earlier in the season but those are offset by other areas in which we have got worse

People pont to us being second but we arent any closer to challenging for the title its just that liverpools form has collapsed
    I’m not talking about this season really because I largely agree. I think there’s been afew individuals we can turn to and say Ole has got a great level out of them (Shaw, McTominay, Bruno early in the season, etc) but for the most part we have actually been poor all season.

I think the way I was approaching it from was that we managed to climb to first/second while being pretty poor. I thought it was only a matter of time before we kicked on and performed as we did in the post lockdown spell last season when we did look genuinely very strong. I thought Martial, Greenwood even Rashford had levels we hadn’t yet seen and it was a matter of time before they picked up, all of that is not happening and Ole has starting making some really poor mistakes too which is compounding our issues.

TrustInJanuzaj

That is knee jerk. That was an awful performance but we've played some of our best football under him recently and been let down by our defence.

Without Pogba though we are hopeless against the low block still. Pogba and Bruno have to both start against these sort of teams. We are going to need a CDM and ball playing CM if we lose Pogba.
    What in my post was knee jerk? We really haven’t played great football recently. I thought we were unlucky against Everton but believe it or not our defence is part of the team and is equally important that Ole coaches/ builds the foundation for us to attack. I don’t think we have looked right all season, we certainly haven’t played as well as last season in general performances. More concerning than that is the fact we aren’t proving we can respond to poor results. That’s a worrying sign if we want to progress to the top.

Matt851

I’m not talking about this season really because I largely agree. I think there’s been afew individuals we can turn to and say Ole has got a great level out of them (Shaw, McTominay, Bruno early in the season, etc) but for the most part we have actually been poor all season.

I think the way I was approaching it from was that we managed to climb to first/second while being pretty poor. I thought it was only a matter of time before we kicked on and performed as we did in the post lockdown spell last season when we did look genuinely very strong. I thought Martial, Greenwood even Rashford had levels we hadn’t yet seen and it was a matter of time before they picked up, all of that is not happening and Ole has starting making some really poor mistakes too which is compounding our issues.
    Fair enough the frustrating thing is that with greenwood starting to play well again in recent weeks we look capable of attacking with the verve we did at the end of last season but oles unnecessary meddling e.g. dropping greenwood is stopping our momentum

Champagne Football

Poor performance but a Sam Allardyce team fighting relegation is a dangerous beast.

Allardyce has brought in some big powerful experienced players in January and they are starting to settle - Snodgrass, Diane etc.

West Brow will absolutely pull off some big scalps between now and end of May.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw