Kick-off
Sat, 5 December 2020 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ...................VS.....................

Date - Saturday, December 05 2020

Kickoff Time - 1730 Hrs GMT
    Venue - London Stadium, London

League standings and form guide

9. Manchester United: DLWWW
    5. West Ham: DLWWW

Previous Meetings

Manchester United 1—1 West Ham

West Ham 2—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 2—1 West Ham

West Ham 3—1 Manchester United

West Ham 0—0 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 59
    West Ham wins: 40
    Draws: 29

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

David Moyes

Team News

Manchester United

Luke Shaw ruled out. Marcus Rashford doubtful.

West Ham

Andriy Yarmolenko ruled out. Michail Antonio doubtful.

Know the opposition

West Ham United Football Club (nicknamed The Irons, The Hammers, and The Academy of Football) are a professional football club based in Upton Park, East London. They were founded in 1895 by foreman and local league referee Dave Taylor and owner Arnold Hills as Thames Ironworks F.C. - a strictly amateur football club with a team featuring a number of works employees. During the summer of 1898, Thames Ironworks F.C. became a professional outfit for the first time, to match their new status as members of the Southern League Second Division, and were promoted to the First Division at the first attempt following a decision to enlarge the top division of the Southern League to 19 teams. After growing disputes over the running and financing of the club in June 1900, Thames Ironworks F.C. resigned from the Southern League and were officially wound up. On 5 July 1900 they reformed under the new name of West Ham United and accepted an offer of the Southern League place left vacant by Thames Ironworks.

West Ham's most successful period started with the appointment of Ron Greenwood in 1961 - leading to FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners' Cup titles - with youth team graduates Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters at the forefront. Their nickname The Academy of Football pays homage to the club's proud tradition in English football for playing entertaining, attacking football - and the success of the club in coaching future greats - which includes that aforementioned trio of World Cup winners, Trevor Brooking, Paul Ince, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Jermaine Defoe and Michael Carrick. West Ham's most prominent rivals are local clubs Millwall (Dockers derby - one of the longest-standing and most bitter in English football), Chelsea (East versus West London rivalry), and Tottenham Hotspur (East versus North London derby). They played their home games at the now demolished Boleyn Ground (often referred to as Upton Park) from 1904 to 2016, and moved to the London Olympic Stadium at the start of the 2016/ 2017 League season.

Referee

Andre Marriner.

Familiar Faces

David Moyes (2013—14)

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
    If there was ever a club I'd like to see go bust its these cnuts... They'll be up for this no doubt, a win at any cost is a good result against these pricks.

2-1 West Ham :annoyed:

NJM78

My only positive is it is away from home. At OT I would go with a West Ham win.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Not looking forward to this now. The Moyes of United Past and West Ham having fans in the ground. West Ham away is my 2nd least favourite game of the season after Liverpool away. They are always up for it in recent years.

West Ham away
    Leipzig away
    City at home

Tough few weeks to come back from this one.

GledTheRed

Mark Noble to start, avoid ten possible yellow cards and score the winner from the penalty spot.

Jellied eels all round son.

DickDastardly

The ones who are playing good are tired. The rest are shit.

Wonder if Fred is up for it.

Is Cavani ready for another 70 minutes?
    Bruno badly needs a rest.
    Can we trust Pogba in putting a shift?
    Can Martial wake up from this bad dream?

So many questions....

GledTheRed

Not looking forward to this now. The Moyes of United Past and West Ham having fans in the ground. West Ham away is my 2nd least favourite game of the season after Liverpool away. They are always up for it in recent years.

West Ham away
    Leipzig away
    City at home

Tough few weeks to come back from this one.
    What could possibly go wrong? I knew I was enjoying my football a bit too much recently.

Kaos

Thankfully we're away, and lest we forget - its Moyes, lads.

Anyway I'd actually start Mason over Martial, and perhaps Matic/VDB in midfield too. Cavani should probably be rested but considering Martial is doing his Stevie Wonder world tour tribute act, I'd probably start him again.

------------------DDG----------
    --AWB---Lindelof, Slabhead--Telles------
    ------------------Matic--------------------------------
    ------------------------------DVB-----------------------
    ----Rashford--------Bruno-------Greenwood
    ----------------------Cavani---------------------------

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
    I've been crying out for this midfield 2 for a while, 2 dependable CMs who barely make mistakes on the ball.

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelöf Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Van de Beek
    Greenwood B.Fernandes Rashford
    Cavani​

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    I can already hear the post match interview regardless of the result: “I should have gotten more time!”

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Yay we're away!

I'm getting to the point where I think marketing/ground staff at OT should just deck the stadium out in the oppos colours before each home game.

Footy van de Geek

We need to win this, but also need to rotate. Bit of a conundrum of sorts.

Fred might as well start, as he'll be suspended for Leipzig anyway.

Zoo

Fred will definitely start and Pogba needs minutes too. I’d like to keep Cavani fresh so Martial and Mason up front.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    We need to win this by playing our best XI in order to boost our chances of qualifying for a competition that we've a good chance of crashing out of if we don't rest some of our best XI

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    We must have a pretty poor record against them recently ?
    Can only remember the one victory we hade against them away when Ibra scored.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    We need to win this by playing our best XI in order to boost our chances of qualifying for a competition that we've a good chance of crashing out of if we don't rest some of our best XI
    As far as the Glazer's are concerned, qualifying for the CL is the start and end of the battle, in revenue terms. I don't think anyone really thinks we'd go on a decent run.

croadyman

If there was ever a club I'd like to see go bust its these cnuts... They'll be up for this no doubt, a win at any cost is a good result against these pricks.

2-1 West Ham :annoyed:
    Yeah will never forget April 92 or May 95

croadyman

The ones who are playing good are tired. The rest are shit.

Wonder if Fred is up for it.

Is Cavani ready for another 70 minutes?
    Bruno badly needs a rest.
    Can we trust Pogba in putting a shift?
    Can Martial wake up from this bad dream?

So many questions....
    Yeah Tony is in that bad form we saw when Jose lost faith in him. I am also not sure Eddy taking his spot is enough motivation either.

Web of Bissaka

Yeah Tony is in that bad form we saw when Jose lost faith in him. I am also not sure Eddy taking his spot is enough motivation either.
    Not enough.

Both wings spot are wide open. CF taken, doesn't matter for Tony. Rashford is on RW, him on LW.

Need Greenwood to step up again and give a strong threat to both Martial and Rashford. James, Mata and Lingard have no chance. Alternatively Ole could use Pogba and VDB at LW, creating feelings of insecurity to Martial, then see if that's enough to motivate him back to his best.

croadyman

Not enough.

Both wings spot are wide open. CF taken, doesn't matter for Tony. Rashford is on RW, him on LW.

Need Greenwood to step up again and give a strong threat to both Martial and Rashford. James, Mata and Lingard have no chance. Alternatively Ole could use Pogba and VDB at LW, creating feelings of insecurity to Martial, then see if that's enough to motivate him back to his best.
    Yeah he certainly needs something to put a rocket up him right now

always_hoping

We must have a pretty poor record against them recently ?
    Can only remember the one victory we hade against them away when Ibra scored.
    Last five meetings, 1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats. Only win was 2-1 in OT. Last win away to West ham was almost 4 years ago January 2017 when Zlatan, Mata scored in a 2-0 victory.

RashyForPM

Contrary to popular opinion, Moyes is a good manager and perfect for mid-table sides. Yes, the attacking side can be lacking (not this season) but defensively, his teams are as good as mid-table teams can be. Top that off with the game-raising factor of West Ham, and the fact that they are 5th and in form, and this will be a tough game.

I’d go:

Henderson
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Telles
    McT VdB
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani

1-1 draw. Cavani to score for us.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    We all know that we will not win there. So better do some changes for this game in order to rest a few for Leipzig.

They will outrun us, press us and beat us for sure, but just rest a few.

------------------------------------------Henderson-----------------------------------------
    Williams------------------Lindelof-----------Maguire-----------------------Telles
    --------------------------------Pogba-------------Matic------------------------------------
    Greenwood----------------------Van de Beek-------------------------------Martial (then don't play him anymore)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Cavani-----------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Antonio----------------------------------------------
    ------------------------Formals--------------------------Bowen-----------------------------
    Masuaku------------------Soucek-----------Rice-------------------------------Coufal
    ---------------------Cresswell--------Ogbonna-----Balbuena------------------------
    --------------------------------------------Fabianski--------------------------------------------

VivaRonaldo85

Banana skin this one with ourcpoor record at this ground. I think we will have to gamble with Leipzig and City coming up and use the squad more for this one. I could see 6-7 changes bringing in the likes of Henderson, Tuanzebe, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Greenwood, Shaw. We can’t keep flogging the same 9-10 players every game or we risk burn out sooner rather than later. This could be the game to take a slight risk looking at the big picture.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    3 promising performances in a row, lets make it 4. Worried about the injuries though - is VDB's ankle OK after the cameo, how is Rashford's shoulder, etc.

UmbroDays

I love 5 mins away from the stadium so I’ll go down on Saturday and see who I can spot, especially now they’ve allowed a few fans in again.

Going to be a tough game again. Not expect more than a draw.

wolvored

Drop Martial, he has been woeful this season when played. Play Rashford and Greenwood on the wings. If Rashfords not fit play Pogba left side. VDB and Bruno must play in front of one of the defensive 3. Not feeling positive but going for a score draw. Thinking 2-2.

Offsideagain

He must rest Bruno or play him for one half and see if Pogba can discover who he is and put in a performance. Start Greenwood and Rashford and bring on Cavani second half.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw