Kick-off
Sat, 5 December 2020 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

caid

Annoying and predictable. Should have been some change in the first half. Dont think its a pogba issue as hes been one of the better players. Just annoying, same players showing the same weaknesses and it seemingly being ignored by management.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    It’s the same as always, we struggle against teams who sit deep.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
    This kind of performance is why threads that say we're doing well in terms of stats and that are in the title chase are delusion.

This team is fecking shit

Stretfordender

Horrendous viewing - things can only get better. Martial just do one you’re not fit to wear the shirt. Simply not good enough and hasn’t got the fight/heart to be a united player. Off you trott!

KjaAnd

Possibly the worst half of football I’ve ever watched. This match alone should be enough to get Ole the sack. What on Earth are they doing at Carrington? No one knows what they’re supposed to do. All we do is pass back to the defenders, hoof the ball and lose possession.

And don’t get me started on Pogba, Telles and Martial. Genuine 0/10 performances all three of them.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Nobody is signing Pogba for the amount we will want. He’s like a baby giraffe running around the place.
    Because we should have sold him last summer, when we could, but Woodward is a moron.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
    I was thinking about that this week. Regardless of what is happening on the field the caf has a group of culprits, Martial and Pogba are tier 1 even when they don't play, Ole is tier 2 and then it's Maguire, Lindelof and Shaw(even when he doesn't play). The likes of Bruno, Fred or AWB can be absolutely shoddy and at worst they are deemed as "anonymous".

Pogba has been shit today though and Martial as useless as the other attackers.
    Those other players don't have the fanboys Martial does. The Martial FC club bring it on themselves, hyping up their man and defending him while he is turning in Championship level performances.

People point this out and the agenda line gets rolled out. Greenwood is a kid. VdB rarely starts for us. Not comparable.

Martial and Pogba cost £140m between them and bag half a million a week in wages. They're meant to be our star players, the guys who make a difference. Yet, they do nothing to justify why they should be besides their name and one managed to win a WC once.

NJM78

Here's the problem, one of them gets paid £300k a week, the other doesn't.
    More like one has talent but looks like he can't be arsed whilst the other can always be arsed but has very little talent. Could do without both.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Mentally fragile team. Its just embarrassing and frightening how quickly our confidence just evaporates from us.
    Sure the PSG match was a poor result but there were positives to take from it at times and certain things to build from.

Neo_Mufc

If Ole has any aspirations of winning this match he will sub Pogba and Martial off at HT and bring on Bruno and Rashford.

No doubt we will see the same shit and he will wait till 70th minute.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    That was disgraceful performance. Pogba & Scott played the ball too slow, even when we won the ball back, we didn’t try to do quick counter. Martial lost the ball like 6-7 times in that first half probably and he’s so unpredictable. Cavani did nothing. Why do we need to play Rashford & Bruno in this game??

Ranchero

I thought Ole learnt his lesson to never play pogba as a DM again.
    He isn't playing as a DM. Even if he was in that position, his ability to actually pass the ball is non-existent. His ability to make good decisions is zero. A dangerous overhead kick in our own box says it all. The guy is a muppet.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
    The psg game is still pissing me of more than this game because we deserved to win there but we deserve to behind this game.

Steve 007

I need a couple of shots of vodka to the eyeballs. What have I just seen.
    Always defended Martial and thought next year he’ll show how special he is. Never defended Pogba. Greenwood? I genuinely believed he might be a future world player of the year, what’s happened to him? What a shambles let’s hope the second half is better or we could get absolutely battered. I think we got away with that but we looked shambolic.

tyunited

18:18KEY EVENT
    Half-time ratings: Telles and Martial poor vs West Ham
    Henderson
    Made a good early save. 6
    Wan-Bissaka
    Late recovery but largely porr. 5
    Lindelof
    Penned in. 5
    Maguire
    Gave Haller a chance. 5
    Telles
    Rinsed by Bowen. 3
    McTominay
    All steel but not silk. 5
    Pogba
    Losing battle against Rice. 5
    Van de Beek
    Quiet. 5
    Martial
    Looks too cold for him. 4
    Greenwood
    Barely involved. 5
    Cavani
    No service. 4
    Generous

Irwin99

i like McTom but I think he's one of those players that should be used only in a very specific games where he can destroy and harrass opponents in matches where we're not going to have much of the ball. Awful passing today.

The less said about Pogba the better. imagine if he'd tried that bicycle kick in his own box and a West ham player had been close to heading it. It'd be a stonewall pen. Brainless.

arnie_ni

Should have kept Mourinho and i mean it.
    No, we just shouldn't have gave ole the job after a good couple of months.

I'm still adamant if we waited until the end of season he wouldn't have got the job after we collapsed In the last 10 games or so

Achilles McCool

Can I assume that most posters here were also players at one point in their lives?
    So I ask: if you were out on the pitch and your teammates played like Pogba, would you not bite his head off at HT? Or confront him on the pitch? If Pogba was my teammate, I would’ve come to blows with him months ago! Disgraceful!
    Am I wrong? Would any of you accept that performance from a teammate?

MonkeysMagic

To say they could be 5-0 up is no exaggeration. This is apparently acceptable for some deluded fans that think Ole is not responsible but the players are! His teams can't attack, defend press, move, cross or pass...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    People will blame Ole but this starting 11 is fine and better than Westham. These players are constantly letting him down. Pogba is a joke (what's new) but Martial is a disgrace this season. He's forgot how to play.

Ole will get thrown under the bus by some of these players. Keano knew it and he was right.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
    Moyes must be thrilled with our first half performance.

Ranchero

That was disgraceful performance. Pogba & Scott played the ball too slow, Martial lost the ball like 6-7 times in that first half probably and he’s so unpredictable. Cavani did nothing. Why do we need to play Rashford & Bruno in this game??
    Cavani did nothing, because there was nobody in midfield capable of stringing two passes together. So it never got to him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    You could make a case for subbing basically every player in a United shirt.

West Ham are excellent in getting back into shape when they lose the ball, yet we insist on taking the scenic route forward. Dawdling and dwelling on the ball until they have 11 men behind it.

Defensively we're all over the place. Poor at set pieces again. Something that has been the case for at least five years now.

Pure vomit. This is what Bruno Fernandes is carrying week in week out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw