Kick-off
Sat, 5 December 2020 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

A team of fantastic individuals that are crying out for some good tactical coaching...Ole should not be basking in the win if not to take blame for 1st half.
    Ole should take credit for the win. He should also take the blame for the shoddy first half.

At this point, while there can be excuses for the odd one off game, the overall results etc are on Ole. That’s why I keep saying to judge him over a whole season. He’s assembled a squad of good players, kept the right ones (mainly) and shipped out the dross. We play great in spells and overall we’re getting better.

Ole is the reason we are 4th with a game in hand. He is also the reason we sometimes look terrible, which happens too often. Hopefully the bad spells will become less and less. The only sensible way to measure that is by results over a long period. We will know more by the end of the season but for now, I console myself that we are clear top of the form table over the last 24 league games. Top.

cyberman

On a side note, maybe the linesmen didnt flag because he thought it wasnt out?

GwilDor

The state of this place in the firsr half :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Tbf i think the state if this place at half time was appropriate for once. The first half was abysmal, we could/should have been down 3-0.
    Second half was a whole different animal though.
    However, that we won 1-3 shouldn’t cover the apparent cracks from the first half.

pascell

Yep. Such are yoyo team regarding performances. There was some positives to take from the PSG match and yet the players looked defeated before they stepped onto the pitch.
    Fernandes coming on and actually giving team mates instructions won us that game. The 1st half there wasn't any leadership on the pitch at all which is shocking, there wasn't one player taking responsibility for their performance and to drag the others through the tough spells.

Number32

Ole build this team, but according to the caf he didn't deserved any credit for individual brilliance by his players :lol:

OrcaFat

Tbf i think the state if this place at half time was appropriate for once. The first half was abysmal, we could/should have been down 3-0.
    However, that we won 1-3 shouldn’t cover the apparent cracks from the first half.
    Loads of teams play crap for long spells during games, even for whole games. As long as you sort it out and win the game it doesn’t really matter. Over the long term it doesn’t matter either as long as you win most of the time.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    Very very generous with your ratings there. I’d struggle to give any one of those players a four, never mind sixes.
    1 would be actively being man of the match for the other team

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
    "Appropriate" is stretching it mate. This place was absolute bollocks. Knee jerking was all over the place.

People calling for everyone's head, starting from oles down, its not appropiate for any balance football discussion, there was no football discussion around. Just baby whining. Barely any football opinion or tactical input. For real.

It's not all black and white. Obviously the team is far from perfect. But in fergie days, coming from 1 nil to 3-1 was enough for everyone to go nuts and this place was all joy and everyone was looking up to the next game. Now there are at least a couple of posts popping around to keep the complaining alive

Why should the caf be the safe place for miserable folks who want our team to be 1970 brazil or nothing? Give me a game where we are playing shit and turn it around to win in great fashion any day. 3 points are 3 points

Dve

:) Obviously, you can do a "I told you so" victory dance, after that screamer of the goal he scored
    Hehe, yes. However, I don´t agree he was that bad in the first half. He was our most creative player and had some nice forward passes. A bit up and down, and his attempt at dribbling here in the end, was ridicules. But I saw no reason to sub him off instead of Donny, who looked more like Lingard than Fernandes as a nr. 10. Pogba is getting better the more he plays. I think he still can save this season for himself.

Devil81

Its not about being up for the game. Its about our best players being in peak condition, and we simply can't ask Bruno to play 60 games this season
    Unfortunately going off yesterday's game I think we need him to play 90% of the games.

Ibi Dreams

"Appropriate" is stretching it mate. This place was absolute bollocks. Knee jerking was all over the place.

People calling for everyone's head, starting from oles down, its not appropiate for any balance football discussion, there was no football discussion around. Just baby whining. Barely any football opinion or tactical input. For real.

It's not all black and white. Obviously the team is far from perfect. But in fergie days, coming from 1 nil to 3-1 was enough for everyone to go nuts and this place was all joy and everyone was looking up to the next game. Now there are at least a couple of posts popping around to keep the complaining alive

Why should the caf be the safe place for miserable folks who want our team to be 1970 brazil or nothing? Give me a game where we are playing shit and turn it around to win in great fashion any day. 3 points are 3 points
    I broadly agree with you, but to be fair, we were used to seeing it happen with Fergie's teams. It didn't bother us as much to see us playing badly for a half, because we knew we could turn it around and we knew that we could still win cups and leagues even sometimes playing like that. Watching us play like we did in that first half feels more desperate because we haven't come close to winning the league in 7 years. With Fergie we'd think it was an off day but glad for the 3 points. Now we think of it as being normal and the reason why we can't win major honours

GwilDor

Loads of teams play crap for long spells during games, even for whole games. As long as you sort it out and win the game it doesn’t really matter. Over the long term it doesn’t matter either as long as you win most of the time.
    Ofcourse it matters. We don’t become the best by accepting mediocrity. It will drown in the result this time, but had we been down 3-0 at HT it would have been a different story.
    I’m not taking away from the second half though, that was magnificent, and i hope people see the tactical tweaks by OGS alongside the obvious player swaps.

GwilDor

Don’t get me wrong, i vividly remember SAF days of grinding out wins on miserable days. Those days rarely looked like this first half though, but rather lack of creativity and offensive output.
    Saying the reaction was «appropriate» might have been exaggerating, i agree. But if ever there was a half of football to complain about, this one is on the list.
    The mentality change after the break was amazing, and i’d love to know what was said/done to change it, and not least why we often fail to be (mentally)ready for the start of the game lately.

OrcaFat

Ofcourse it matters. We don’t become the best by accepting mediocrity. It will drown in the result this time, but had we been down 3-0 at HT it would have been a different story.
    I’m not taking away from the second half though, that was magnificent, and i hope people see the tactical tweaks by OGS alongside the obvious player swaps.
    Of course it doesn’t matter. Oh, well I suppose it depends on your view point.

I don’t think anyone really accepts mediocrity. And the first half was worse than mediocre. But it happens. To everyone. The best teams win the games anyway, even when they have a shocker.

Looking back no one cares about the odd shite first half if you keep winning your games. If you lose, and keep losing, it’s a problem.

Honestly, I’ll take a bad half if we get 30 mins of joy at the end.

Craig Ward

Abject first half - below par and lucky to be 1 goal behind.

Deserved to lose based on that - we will get hammered with performances like that.

Second half - better, clinical and in control. However we still looked shaky and could have conceded.

3-1 absolutely flatters us.

Martial was abysmal. The team was so so flat.

Worrying

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win