Sun, 19 September 2021 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    Didnt West Ham rotate half their players for Thursday. I do think the loss of Amtonio is a big loss for them. Would be nice for us to get another clean sheet.
    It looked a full strength team when I saw West Ham mid week.

Joseunited

I can't see anything other than a McFred midfield with Pogba wide left and Greenwood for Sancho.

::sonny::

Looking at the performances at Southampton, wolves, wankdorf, this will end 2-1, 3-1, 4-2

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    this game is not one I am looking forward to.
    We are in terrible form despite some good looking home results.
    Cant but be gloomy about the prospects of a good beating. Despite having good players on paper we just dont seem to have any idea on the field - players are aimless out there and we have a non existent centre of the park.

Eddy_JukeZ

I have a feeling Lingard will start.

And I don't think it'd be a good decision.

siw2007

Didnt West Ham rotate half their players for Thursday. I do think the loss of Amtonio is a big loss for them. Would be nice for us to get another clean sheet.
    By the looks, West Ham retained 6 to 7 first team players, so a small rotation which is expected. Clean sheet would be massive for me, 1 clean sheet in 5 games isn’t particularly good so need to improve here.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    By the looks, West Ham retained 6 to 7 first team players, so a small rotation which is expected. Clean sheet would be massive for me, 1 clean sheet in 5 games isn’t particularly good so need to improve here.
    We have only conceded one goal in each of those games where we’ve conceded. Chill out

Hughie77

Well , most are giving a home win to west ham. So maybe Utd have to go there as the underdogs, wonder how the bookies see it? The best price I would say for a UTD win will be just over even money . So the best price is a Home win. Not daft these bookies. Lump on a home win with UTDs away record as it is there hoping UTD win. After Tuesday's I think we will win.

van Persie

Ole really needs to find a way to properly link our midfield and attack. We always look like we can't get the ball forward properly. Maybe Bruno playing a bit deeper with donny playing the box to box role would help. While the wide players move further inside to support ronny. Ball retention needs to be improved too. Last night needs to be watched back and learnt from. Performances like that will see Ole out of a job
    Fully agree with this. Our central midfield is a massive issue and I honestly can't believe it has not been sorted yet. Every time I open our team sheet it's like staring into a black hole in the middle. McTominay, Fred, Matic.. Can't get the best out of Pogba most games having him play in a midfield 2 with one of those. Not good enough players to play a 3.

cyberman

Easy enough 3-0 win IMO. We have had the longer rest, the better team and the turnaround could be a bit much for them

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    Easy enough 3-0 win IMO. We have had the longer rest, the better team and the turnaround could be a bit much for them
    And they're missing Antonio who's great for them. Not many excuses not to win this

McGrathsipan

They haven't lost since May.
    We may fluke a win but not expecting anything but a scrap

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    They’ll have to change shape somewhat. He’s such an outlet for them and they don’t have anyone like him as replacement
    Yeah, I think he's a really good player. Extremely versatile too when you consider the different positions he's played. The fact that he's missing and they played on Thursday night, means we should be winning this. Anything else is a poor result, IMO.

cyberman

They haven't lost since May.
    We may fluke a win but not expecting anything but a scrap
    May is the last month of the season. Unless they’re playing during the summer then a few teams haven’t lost since May!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Yeah, I think he's a really good player. Extremely versatile too when you consider the different positions he's played. The fact that he's missing and they played on Thursday night, means we should be winning this. Anything else is a poor result, IMO.
    I agree. No excuses

They will look to break as they tend to do. Bowen will work the flanks tirelessly and Rice- Soucek will look to break up the attacks and set him and Vlasic away. Not sure how all out Moyes will go bearing in mind they don’t have a deep squad and he has to play again midweek. They’re not used to a schedule like that.
    Set pieces will be a test as always.

Dudu

McSauce is with the travelling squad.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Prediction for me:

DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Maguire
    Shaw

Scott
    Pogba

Greenwood
    Bruno
    Sancho

Ronaldo

RedIan

Tough game but its a game we should win. West Ham started with 2 wins but have since drawn the last 2, no Antonio and we are pretty much at full strength. we have started the season well in terms of results but are not yet firing on all cylinders.

Maybe this is the game we will as we bounce back from the embarrassing result in Europe. Hope McT is fit? If so I’d play him and pogba sitting with sancho greenwood bruno and Ronaldo ahead of them…. Imagine if we were facing that firepower, the negative ninnies on here would be sh1tting themselves. I’m sure west ham fans are.

Crashoutcassius

This place tends to build West Ham up before we play them even though we have a great recent record against them.
    It doesn’t make any sense
    True. Some teams we consistently make look better than they are, like every team in Europe .. and some we deal with well, and west ham have been one of those.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
    Well seeing as ole and co seems to perform better when under scrutiny here's hoping we come all guns blazing tomorrow

McGrathsipan

This place tends to build West Ham up before we play them even though we have a great recent record against them.
    It doesn’t make any sense
    I'm not building them up. I'm watching how we have been performing and more of the same tomorrow against a decent team will mean bad news for us

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    We tend to play pretty shit away at West Ham, whose support is always hot for our arrival. Hopefully we can buck the trend or at least grab the points.

I think it will be Varane with Maguire, Pogba in the front four, Greenwood in and Sancho benched. Actually think this is a game for Lingard, but not sure he will get the nod.

Offsideagain

Posted earlier about what a great chance this is and NO EXCUSES. Everton getting battered, the Bitters held to a draw at the not quite full Emptyhad, Hammers away in Europe on Thursday, we’ve been resting since Tuesday, Antonio banned. If that doesn’t inspire them, then feck all will. Got us down for a close win but very nervous. If we lose, Ole is in great danger of going.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw