Kick-off
Sun, 19 September 2021 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Supposedly Benrahma has a knee injury after the midweek game?

Last edited:

RedChisel

Can't say I'm super confident about this one after that shit show on Tuesday.

Siorac

Can't afford a first half like West Ham away last season. The amount of luck that stopped us from being 4-0 down was absurd.
    Yeah that game was bizarre.

I expect something similar: they'll be the better side for long stretches but we'll scrape through with a win.

WPMUFC

If Benrahma is out, and Antonio misses with the red, who's the attacking threat for West Ham?

6 of West Ham's 10 goals are from Antonio/Benrahma and they are also both West Ham's leading assist makers.

I feel like both missing is almost a guarantee for 10 man defence and hope they can capitalise on a mistake by us?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
    If Benrahma is out, and Antonio misses with the red, who's the attacking threat for West Ham?

6 of West Ham's 10 goals are from Antonio/Benrahma and they are also both West Ham's leading assist makers.

I feel like both missing is almost a guarantee for 10 man defence and hope they can capitalise on a mistake by us?
    Its their best bet. Does any other top team turn over the ball in dangerous positions such as ourselves? I cant think of any. The joys of having elite CM/DM players.

EtH

Need Pogba in midfield if that is the case.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    Even if they were fit, Moyes would be compact and wait for our mistakes. The blueprint against us is simple and effective.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Excited to be going to a match for the first time in years. Fortunately I can leave at 12 to get there, have a pre match drink with some old match going pals. Seeing Ronaldo too live, haven’t seen him since his last game.

Actually quite pleased to be off the thread for a few hours. Some of the comments have just left me deflated tbh, nice to be away from the nonsense for a bit

Castia

Tough game West Ham away but I’ve woke up this morning feeling confident. 3-1 for us.

Castia

Excited to be going to a match for the first time in years. Fortunately I can leave at 12 to get there, have a pre match drink with some old match going pals. Seeing Ronaldo too live, haven’t seen him since his last game.

Actually quite pleased to be off the thread for a few hours. Some of the comments have just left me deflated tbh, nice to be away from the nonsense for a bit
    Enjoy pal. Atmosphere will be amazing.

WPMUFC

Even if they were fit, Moyes would be compact and wait for our mistakes. The blueprint against us is simple and effective.
    sure, but my point was more along the lines of "who do they have to capitalise on a mistake?" if they are both out.

I get there is still negativity from mid-week, but this game feels like 70-30 possession to us and maybe one bad pass could cost us a goal?

i'm feeling like if we can get improve on some of the newcastle mistakes and player faster like the second ronaldo goal, this could be a good game for us.

Litch

Style of football is confusing and I have no idea what's going to happen. Its a complete lottery.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Have a good one ;)

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers

Hope you have a fantastic time. Made even better by a United win.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Presume there will be a minutes silence for Jimmy Greaves.
    Should be at all grounds really. But it’ll be particularly poignant at Spurs v Chelsea. Played at Chelsea but it was at Spurs he really hit the heights. Rightfully Spurs legend

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Should be at all grounds really. But it’ll be particularly poignant at Spurs v Chelsea. Played at Chelsea but it was at Spurs he really hit the heights. Rightfully Spurs legend
    That's true. He landed at WHU because they and Spurs swapped him and Martin Peters. Still a legend. Sorry for him that he didn't get to play in the World Cup final, but it worked out for England.

arnie_ni

Can anyone explain why we would need 2 dms against West hams 2 midfielders?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    I would prefer to have Rice-Soucek than Matic-Fred

Yeah that makes sense I think the line up will be:

De Gea
    AWB Varane Maguire Shaw
    Matic Fred
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo​

Devil may care

It's just 2 midfielders, Fred isn't even a DM as such, he's a #8 Jack of all trades master of none. Their midfield is combative and that's not Pogba's strength.

Judas

Open to offers
    I'm not going into this game with the bounce I would like after that shower of shite midweek. But hopefully we get a very good response today, but it won't be easy.

Swedish_Plumber

Pretty big game for us today. Let’s see if we can bounce back from the first major disappointment of the season.
    They’re in good form and are always a tricky game for us anyways, so if we win this it should give a lot of confidence to the players moving forwards.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
    I think Sancho will be on the subs bench today. Ole name-dropping him and saying he's getting used to the Premiership is likely an indication.

Ronaldo playing centrally with Greenwood on the right, Pogba on the left and together with Bruno orchestrating the proceedings. The unknown is between a choice of Mctominay, Fred or Matic.

Dalot, Donny will get a game on Wednesday. Although, there has been some chatter about replacing Wan Bissaka.

SirAF

Ageist
    I think Sancho will be on the subs bench today. Ole name-dropping him and saying he's getting used to the Premiership is likely an indication.

Ronaldo playing centrally with Greenwood on the right, Pogba on the left and together with Bruno orchestrating the proceedings. The unknown is between a choice of Mctominay, Fred or Matic.

Dalot, Donny will get a game on Wednesday. Although, there has been some chatter about replacing Wan Bissaka.
    Agreed. I went with McT starting, although that might be a tad early.

PoTMS

Toughest game of the season so far. You could say it's Ole's first test.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I’m nervous for this. My head is saying West Ham will struggle without Antonio and if Benrahma is also missing then that’s a huge bonus too. Equally I feel abit deflated after midweek and I still don’t see the balance in our side, particularly in the middle. I think if McTominay is fit and we can go with McFred and Pogba from the left we should have enough to win this with the firepower we have.

laughtersassassin

If we play Fred and Matic then Ole is a madman.

They are awful together.

Any other midifield can be argued for apart from that one

Chicharo

When was the last time we didn't play 4-2-3-1? It will be 2 in front of the defense.The fact that Pogba may be there doesn't matter, that's Ole's way.He is not a DM, but when he plays there, he is far less dangerous for the opponents
    It will probably be Matic alongside Fred

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win