Westminster Politics

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
What do people make of this secret brexit donation given to the DUP, but was then spent in London? Supposedly was a loophole which meant it could be kept anonymous.

Alongside that, supposedly the DUP want Farage to be involved in the negotiations?
Is there a credible source to the brexit donation info?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
What do people make of this secret brexit donation given to the DUP, but was then spent in London? Supposedly was a loophole which meant it could be kept anonymous.

Alongside that, supposedly the DUP want Farage to be involved in the negotiations?
Totally forgot about that

Alias
Exactly what are you claiming is a falsehood here?

Its a bit pathetic to see Tory voters side with the DUP suddenly or even just downplay their impact.
I presume you're not talking about me, bearing in mind that you don't have any idea what party my political alliegance lies with. There seems to be a recent trend of people claiming to be DUP experts when in reality it's likely that they only really heard of them 4 days ago and have gotten most of their information from friends; social media or internet memes. You need to understand Northern Ireland's political landscape and history before attempting to pass judgement on its politics. If Corbyn, for example, was accused of suporting certain groups in the past should that mean that it reflects Labour Party's policy? No, of course it doesn't.

Blind

It was so blatantly taking advantage of anonymous donations in Northern Ireland, an archaic law that you would hope wouldn't be needed in 2017. Thankfully they've been called out on it, and even though the donation itself is perfectly legal, it just adds more evidence to the DUP being a very dodgy party.

rcoobc

I presume you're not talking about me, bearing in mind that you don't have any idea what party my political alliegance lies with. There seems to be a recent trend of people claiming to be DUP experts when in reality it's likely that they only really heard of them 4 days ago and have gotten most of their information from friends; social media or internet memes. You need to understand Northern Ireland's political landscape and history before attempting to pass judgement on its politics. If Corbyn, for example, was accused of suporting certain groups in the past should that mean that it reflects Labour Party's policy? No, of course it doesn't.
Happy for the DUP to exist, just would like it if they existed somewhere else.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Something stinks if that's the case.

Smores

The majority of people in these threads commenting on issues do take the effort to find and share sources. I don't particularly include myself in that but its nonsense to say it's all from social media or anyone is passing themselves off as experts.

Also this isn't one person or the distant past is it.

montpelier

Michael Gove here, obviously operating on the principle that if you're gonna lie, you might as well make it an absolute whopper. Or indeed, two of them.

Conservatives always put national interest first - vital the PM is given strong support for key Queen's Speech and Brexit talks

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Perhaps he's referring to Saudi Arabia.

rcoobc

Labour need to sow the seeds of discontent amongst the Tory party, and avoid uniting them against Labour.

Every chance they get.

Brexit. Grammar Schools. Fracking. Heathrow. LGBT rights. Abortion. Protestant marches. Global warming.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I think it's quite clear there should be a new centre/centre-right party for Blairites and soft Tories.

Fergies Gum

Hope these rumours of Farage possibly playing a role in Brexit negotiations are false.

Would be a disaster.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Farage will ensure the EU go into those negotiations seeing red. And I don't blame them.

He's deplorable.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
For some reason Ruth Davidson's been at Cabinet meetings. No idea why.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I can already imagine how the negotiations with DUP are taking place... "we'll vote with you on a hard Brexit if you get that dastardly Graham Norton off the TV!"

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I can already imagine how the negotiations with DUP are taking place... "we'll vote with you on a hard Brexit if you get that dastardly Graham Norton off the TV!"
"No, for the last time, we can't make The Good Lord Himself home secretary. We won't tell you again."

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The DUP insisted she be on all fours and used as a coffee table.
Just wait until they find out she's got a Catholic partner. They'll spontaneously combust at that point.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Please let it happen...

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Fecking hell, his spelling is worse than mine. Then again, it is a foreign word after all.
If you think that's bad, watch him speaking. The one where Gary Tank Commander interviews him and he thinks he's talking to an actual soldier might just be my favourite.

montpelier

I'm reading Twitter complaints that Kuenssberg has gone over to Labour, :eek:.

altodevil

Cooper to replace Abbott as Home Sec.? Think it would be a smart move by Corbyn.

Drifter

American
I think it's quite clear there should be a new centre/centre-right party for Blairites and soft Tories.
There is .It's called the Lib Dems .Who were before they got into bed with the Tories left of Labour.

altodevil

There is .It's called the Lib Dems .Who were before they got into bed with the Tories left of Labour.
I used to think that, but now believe the Dems might be almost too Liberal for some of the centrist Tories. I think there is room for another, at least under PR or some other voting system.

rcoobc

I used to think that, but now believe the Dems might be almost too Liberal for some of the centrist Tories. I think there is room for another, at least under PR or some other voting system.
Why are they too Liberal?

The Lib Dems have always struggled to find a large enough niche for themselves and convince the public that they actually have a chance.

Smores

Tory MPs are out in force last couple of days trying to set the message.

Labour need to hurry up get a reshuffle done and work the media.