Westminster Politics

Reiver

The Government touting employment figures and being in work as a way out of the cost of living crisis is a load of bullshit. Since 2008, being in full-time employment has not necessarily been a protection against poverty. Right now, it definitely isn't. The sad fact is that even having what are or were seen as decently paid jobs, like a teacher for example, could mean you are struggling.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The Government touting employment figures and being in work as a way out of the cost of living crisis is a load of bullshit. Since 2008, being in full-time employment has not necessarily been a protection against poverty. Right now, it definitely isn't. The sad fact is that even having what are or were seen as decently paid jobs, like a teacher for example, could mean you are struggling.
It’s passing the blame back to the people. Haven’t got a job? Your fault you can’t afford heating
Got a job? Your fault you can’t afford heating. Get a job that pays more!

Hephaestus

Best part: "The latest revelation raises further questions about why the Metropolitan Police did not fine the Prime Minister for attending the party, while others present did receive a Fixed Penalty Notice."

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I give up. I don't know how Johnson is still the PM and most of the Cabinet are still in the most senior roles in the UK government, and how the Metropolitan Police is still considered fit for purpose. None of it is shocking any longer.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
fecking hell, we couldn't even see family members out of our childcare bubble at Christmas that year!

Shinjch

He is a total disgrace, I look forward to hearing about how this is just the same as the beer and curry during a campaign day.

He will remain though, his party couldn't find a spine between them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Best part: "The latest revelation raises further questions about why the Metropolitan Police did not fine the Prime Minister for attending the party, while others present did receive a Fixed Penalty Notice."

Think we’re going to see a flood of these.

The Met/Government have pissed off junior staffers (disproportionately female) by targeting them with fines for attending parties organised and attended by senior government officials.

Jericholyte2

Just look at the table - empty wine (and spirits if I'm not mistake) bottles, par for the course at any work event!

Widow

Think we’re going to see a flood of these.

The Met/Government have pissed off junior staffers (disproportionately female) by targeting them with fines for attending parties organised and attended by senior government officials.
This became boring weeks ago.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
This became boring weeks ago.
To you, because you like Boris. To plenty of others, even those that supported Boris at some point, this isn’t boring.

My mother died unexpectedly in November 2020. Her funeral was quite frankly pathetic compared to what she deserved. In any normal times she would have had hundreds there and we would have given her a hell of a send off at her wake. We couldn’t even have people back to ours for drinks. It was just me, my dad and my brother back at the house that evening and it was miserable.

Do you know how much it boils my blood to see that photo of them having drinking together toasting and having a jolly old knees up? Do you think I should find it ”boring”?

Widow

To you, because you like Boris
Well, that's incorrect for a start.

My mother died unexpectedly in November 2020. Her funeral was quite frankly pathetic compared to what she deserved
I lost both grandparents and my mother-in-law during lockdowns, all to covid related issues. I know this feeling, believe me!

Unlike most in this one-sided shite thread, I don't want to control how you feel about any situation. It is boring was a reply to the tweet first of all and yes, to the patygate in general. We have bigger problems.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Well, that's incorrect for a start.

I lost both grandparents and my mother-in-law during lockdowns, all to covid related issues. I know this feeling, believe me!

Unlike most in this one-sided shite thread, I don't want to control how you feel about any situation. It is boring was a reply to the tweet first of all and yes, to the patygate in general. We have bigger problems.
Our bigger problems are down to the Johnson’s government’s propensity to do whatever the feck they like. This is an example of that, with evidence. Its clearly wound up the majority of the public including a lot of those that voted him in and would have voted for him again.

It’s important that he’s held to account for this and if it’s what can be used to get him out of office, even better.

Widow

Its clearly wound up the majority of the public
I don't think so. Ask a balanced audience and you'd be surprised by how many don't care. As I've already stated many times before, we know he did it, get him gone or move on. It also amazes me how Cummings is now the second coming of Christ and must be believed at all costs. it wasn't the case when he was sitting next to Boris. Cummings is nothing more than an angry child that is no longer daddy's favourite.

Our bigger problems are down to the Johnson’s government’s propensity to do whatever the feck they like
On this, we agree. I'd like the tories to tackle the overwhelming cost of the living crisis we find ourselves in. I'm lucky to be in a position where it only has a minimal impact on me but to see people forced to make a choice between eating or heating in 2022 and in the world's fifth-largest economy is disgusting. moreover, the country's top energy companies continue to make billions in profits facilitated by a ridiculous price cap rise.

It has already been shown that a glass of wine behind closed doors is just not enough to see him off besides, you get rid of one puppet and another will just take his spot. We need stronger opposition but that's a debate for another time.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Only way we are getting a windfall tax is if Sunak is gone. He’s working for the corps.

Jericholyte2

I'm sure not going to get baited into a BS argument, thank you though.
It’s no BS argument, the people who wrote the laws broke them:
- deliberately
- repeatedly

Boris then lied about it:
- deliberately
- repeatedly

So what the actual feck us ‘boring’ about that!?!?!?

MadMike

Absolute bollox. While they keep you hooked on this BS you take your eyes off the real issues. Sack BJ or don't but please let's move on to some current issues.
So you say the Tories aren't getting enough heat for doing sweet fa about the cost of living crisis and trying to break the brexit deal they themselves championed and signed?

Widow

It’s no BS argument, the people who wrote the laws broke them:
- deliberately
- repeatedly

Boris then lied about it:
- deliberately
- repeatedly

So what the actual feck us ‘boring’ about that!?!?!?
I'd tell you but I don't need the points. I had a conversation with another member, it wasn't an open invitation to talk. in fact, I specificity refused one.

Widow

I'd tell you but I don't need the points. I had a conversation with another member, it wasn't an open invitation to talk. in fact, I specificity refused one.
I'm saying nothing. I broke my own rule and reply in this shite show of a thread and for that, I'm paying the price.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Absolute bollox. While they keep you hooked on this BS you take your eyes off the real issues. Sack BJ or don't but please let's move on to some current issues.
Perfectly capable of seeing both, thanx.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Since there's 0 chance he'll resign anyway, I'd honestly take that right now.
Depends where it goes. I'd bite your hand off if it was to be chucked in to Universal Credit but I wouldn't bet they'd go that way.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Calling the PM braking a law the country sacrificed for boring...dear me!

MadMike

I'm still fascinated by the amount of Tory MPs and cabinet ministers who come out to defend him only to look like complete fools the next day when the story breaks that he's lied yet again.

Performing political sepuku to support a selfish clown devoid of any moral compass. A vapid husk of ambition and bluster who would happily chuck any of them to the wolves to further his own cause. And they defend him :lol:

Jericholyte2

Absolutely pathetic!

Private conversations are done via messages, replying to a thread is a public comment.

Just pathetic!