Westminster Politics

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'd be pretty interested knowing how many MP's have links/affiliation/mutual interest of some kind with foreign nations who would then benefit by having a hard Brexit.

Tradewise, or politically the breakup of the EU most would likely to benefit are the USA, China, Russia, India.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It made perfect sense and probably reflects the views of a vast silent majority of moderate people in this country from both sides of the political divide.

But our politicians are not interested in representing them.
You are so right.

Fluctuation0161

i am now. Her laugh after that wheat field question is one of the most sympathetic things i've ever seen from her. She looks a lot more relaxed than usually. Missed most of the speech though.
It's a shame because reality is she is a self serving Tory just like the rest of her party. They've caused this mess. No amount of spin is going to change that.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'd be pretty interested knowing how many MP's have links/affiliation/mutual interest of some kind with foreign nations who would then benefit by having a hard Brexit.

Tradewise, or politically the breakup of the EU most would likely to benefit are the USA, China, Russia, India.
I don't see how it benefits USA, China or India. They could deal with less bureaucracy by dealing with the EU as a whole and have a single trade deal with the bloc. If EU collapses, they'll have to deal with each nation individually and that brings its own complications in terms of producing goods to satisfy 28 different regulatory bodies instead of one.

Russia does benefit the most but even they actually want to bring down NATO so that they don't have adversary forces sitting in Eastern Europe, which they consider to be their own backyard.

0le

Did the guy just say a proven record during his time as Mayor of London? :D Jesus...

The Boris busses were a disaster, as was the Garden bridge. Lets also not forget Crossrail issues, which probably started during his time, and also the issues on the electrification of the overground on the barking branch as well as delays to re signalling on the tube. Sure though, he was "good"...

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I don't see how it benefits USA, China or India. They could deal with less bureaucracy by dealing with the EU as a whole and have a single trade deal with the bloc. If EU collapses, they'll have to deal with each nation individually and that brings its own complications in terms of producing goods to satisfy 28 different regulatory bodies instead of one.

Russia does benefit the most but even they actually want to bring down NATO so that they don't have adversary forces sitting in Eastern Europe, which they consider to be their own backyard.
Easier to deal with and bully smaller nations in terms of trade deals than a United powerful massive block like the EU. India would benefit massively with any trade deals by our mutual links dating back since colonisation.

Full bodied red

Probably not as many as would benefit from the UK's continued membership of the EU....

Fergies Gum

What a coward Boris is. He just sneaked in to the building via the side door to avoid the protesters.

Abizzz

It's a shame because reality is she is a self serving Tory just like the rest of her party. They've caused this mess. No amount of spin is going to change that.

The king is dead, long live the king.
Makes sense to be relaxed once the self serving is over. To be clear, that one positive statement by me about her doesn't mean I support her. It's her unlimited incompetence that I detest though, not the self serving bit.

Fortunately for her (unfortunately for the rest of us) her successor will make her appear a genius.

Abizzz

That speech by the tory wobble head has changed nothing from 3 years ago:

-Deliver
-Deliver
-Deliver

Where have these people been? How stupid is the electorate if they still expect these people to deliver?

Boris Johnson voted Conservative and Unionist Party Leader, and thus Prime Minister, with overwhelming support

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Johnson: 92,153 (66.4%)
Hunt: 46,656 (33.6%)

Eligible voters: 159,320
Turnout: 139,318 (87.4%)
509 rejected

Abizzz

At least there's hope the Johnson clan goes the way of the Romanows if they disappoint their more thuggish supporters. Silver lining and all that.

Good luck Britain, you'll need it.

0le

How the feck can a pledge be to "defeat Jeremy Corbyn!" ??

Abizzz

Terrible speech
I turned of Sky the moment he started. There is no point in listening to a liar who changes his lies every half an hour.

Whatever he says now will have no value tomorrow. Why listen to him?

MadMike

feck it. Just feck it.

The most incompetent statesman at the most pressing of times. How have we come to this? The absolute state of British politics right now.

Here's hoping to a general election in the next few months.

Full bodied red

I'm
Fk off those 28 where voted for unlike you're exclusive membership club.

I'm not a member of any political party - but you could have joined the Tory Party and voted if you feel so bad about it....

ANd let's not forget - I didn't vote for 27 of them because I wasn't allowed to, just like the other 500 million of us.

Abizzz

I'm

I'm not a member of any political party - but you could have joined the Tory Party and voted if you feel so bad about it....

ANd let's not forget - I didn't vote for 27 of them because I wasn't allowed to, just like the other 500 million of us.
You have a really hard time understanding democracy, right?