Westminster Politics

Oldyella

This policy from Twitter is stupid. A lot of people in these positions saying lies however no one is allowed to respond to challenge them.
It's stupid though. If they allowed replies it would all sit under that tweet. Instead people quote tweet replies and get more engagement.

Jericholyte2

I've written to my MP about the vote yesterday, was absolutely fuming about how people in power seem to believe that feeding children isn't fiscally viable.

For comparison, £60m was spent in 2018 on improving children's TV programming! If we can spend this on entertainment we damn-well should be able to pay this to feed kids over Christmas FFS!

Fluctuation0161

State of these Tory MPs.

I wonder if people will ever realise the smear campaign against Labour last election was just that. At the very least, they were certainly the lesser of 2 evils.

Most of the dirt thrown at Labour could have been thrown at the Tories ten times over if the media coverage was not so biased.

FireballXL5

In a room full of bastards, Priti Patel stands head and shoulders above the rest...

Boris Johnson could block release of investigation into Priti Patel bullying, head of civil service says

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...llying-head-of-civil-service-says/ar-BB1aixnx

And then there's this...

Child refugees ‘betrayed’ by UK as Home Office sends them to adult detention centres

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...s-them-to-adult-detention-centres/ar-BB1ajO8S

But calling them scum is apparently beyond the limits of acceptable behaviour.

Nogbadthebad

Seems to be a running theme with the Tories. 'Stop being mean/loud Labour, or we'll reject everything.' Pathetic response, it's really disgusting.
It doesn't even work as a logical argument.

She called the bloke scum because he was already arguing that the government shouldn't fund kids during school holidays.

She was being generous to him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Phil Davies. Known for not only consistently reducing all benefits of any kind for anyone, but also not supporting VAT rises or fair pay for anyone who makes less than £150k a year. So I'm not sure how he intends for people to be able to pay for it themselves.

Oh, wait. I forgot. He's a cnut who lives in a bubble.

TheGame

The absolute gall of this. After all of the stuff their MPs have said including recent comments about do good lawyers. Pathetic. It’s obvious these comments are related to their vote on free school meals and they are gaslighting.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The absolute gall of this. After all of the stuff their MPs have said including recent comments about do good lawyers. Pathetic. It’s obvious these comments are related to their vote on free school meals and they are gaslighting.

They're either the biggest narcissists on the planet or they're using typical bully tactics. Being Tories I wouldn't be surprised if it's both.

Fluctuation0161

Yep, totally agree. Meanwhile...

"Lawyers claim knife attack at law firm was inspired by Priti Patel’s rhetoric"
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...aw-firm-was-inspired-by-priti-patels-rhetoric

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

She's getting roasted in the comments. Wankers are so out of touch is astonishing, distract, distract, distract seems to the be their strategy.

Abizzz

The tories literally are scum though. Can't see how they can complain about that one.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The Tories have been abusing the poor, the disabled, minorities, children for the last over 10 years. They are scum and they are cnuts. Not in a my team is better than your team way but a literally hurting people way:

https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/Poverty/EOM_GB_16Nov2018.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_government_austerity_programme#Child_poverty
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ism-muslim-gay-comments-columns-a9214561.html

If this country is worth a penny then these bastards should be receiving an endless stream of abuse for their cruelty. Maybe if you're in the opposition you would be better off maintaining a polite facade but the public have every right to give them dog's abuse.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What I find astonishing is that they consistently have opportunity to win some kind of goodwill or at least not damage their reputation further, yet they don’t give a shit enough even for that.

To think getting a 3 grand pay rise during of all of this was a good idea is just so incredibly disrespectful to the country.

I know that’s old news now but I can’t stop thinking about how ridiculous it is. They could’ve made a song and dance about not doing so. You’d think they’d be clambering to get some good press, anything, but nope, not a single feck was given.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Precious fecking wankers... Can spend the whole week throwing all sorts of insults/assumptions at the poorest in our nation... But get called a scum and its the end of the world.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
What I find astonishing is that they consistently have opportunity to win some kind of goodwill or at least not damage their reputation further, yet they don’t give a shit enough even for that.

To think getting a 3 grand pay rise during of all of this was a good idea is just so incredibly disrespectful to the country.

I know that’s old news now but I can’t stop thinking about how ridiculous it is. They could’ve made a song and dance about not doing so. You’d think they’d be clambering to get some good press, anything, but nope, not a single feck was given.
Tbh we don't pay anywhere close to enough to attract the top talent to become mp's given the nature and responsibilities of the roll ... thats probably half the problem as to why we end up with the quality of mps we have

NinjaFletch

MPs pay is set by IPSA and I'm not sure there's a mechanism to reject it without fundamentally rewriting the role of IPSA.

Not sure who is in charge there, but I once applied for a job with them and they didn't even acknowledge it so I assume they're all cnuts.

Seems likes it would be a cheap win for Labour to bring that to the Commons though and force the Conservatives to vote for their own pay rise.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Tbh we don't pay anywhere close to enough to attract the top talent to become mp's given the nature and responsibilities of the roll ... thats probably half the problem as to why we end up with the quality of mps we have
Hmm not sure I agree with that. Attraction to money is surely one of the issues with MPs at the moment.

The biggest problem though is career politicians, looking for any way to leave a mark and make their way up the ladder by any means possible. Boris completely switching what he supposedly believed in with Brexit has to be the biggest example of that fecking the country.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The tories literally are scum though. Can't see how they can complain about that one.
Because it goes against parliamentary procedure and they strive to maintain all of the historic practices possible so they can pretend they're dignified people. It's nothing but a veneer of prestige but when you don't have to worry about normal things - like keeping a roof over your head or working a job with low wages and high risk of being held accountable for your actions - you have the luxury of being concerned with this sort of bullshit without actually caring about following through with anything other than a thin veil of it. Sort of like when you hear that someone like Jacob Rees Mogg talking about his Christian beliefs when, at the same time, giving the middle finger to the poor.

Smores

The Saxby one is as bad. I assume they've been told to go on the attack because it was playing very badly for them, seems they've made it several times worse. I doubt the main stream media will pick any of it up.