Westminster Politics

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Cummings being shown in his true light.

He's blabbing about private stuff now, which is inconvenient & very embarrassing for the PM & the Government, but this guy is privy to national secrets which may affect the security of the country.

I think he should be locked up so that he can't spill anything that's actually important. :D
So don't you think that anything he has said is unimportant and doesn't show Boris Johnson for what he really is.
Clearly, the PM is not just a liar, which is bad enough, but you really have to question his morality.
I can do what I like when I like and nobody really cares.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Is it just tittle tattle though?

The Laura K article sums it up by saying that people warned Boris what Cummings is like so maybe it’s Boris’ fault this has happened.

Or in other words, it’s not Boris’ corruption that is the problem here, it’s that he had an advisor who is prepared to go public with it.
Exactly.
And we must also remember that just before he sacked Cummings, Boris awarded him a rather large pay rise.
So we have to question why did he do that.

Maticmaker

So don't you think that anything he has said is unimportant and doesn't show Boris Johnson for what he really is.
Clearly, the PM is not just a liar, which is bad enough, but you really have to question his morality.
With a 80 seat majority, having vanquished 30 or so of his most vocal (in-house) Tory party members and with Labour finding it hard to get out of a paper bag, that is a pretty good description of how Boris must be feeling.

The country loves a strong leader!!!

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Don't you get it, the man is privy to national secrets which, if they got into the wrong hands could have a serious detrimental effects on the security of this country, and, no doubt, other countries.

The guy clearly has no morals nor integrity, he's a live wire.

He would have signed the Official Secrets Act and also a none disclosure agreement on leaving office.

He should shut his fecking mouth, or it needs to be shut for him.

Yes, because he is the problem, not our corrupt government.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Yes, but enough about Boris Johnson.

He would have signed the Official Secrets Act and also a none disclosure agreement on leaving office.
None of what he's saying has breached any national security btw, so not sure why you're somehow against Cummings in all this.
He may be privy to high-level security information, but that isn't what he's disclosing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Sassy Colin are you annoyed at Cameron for the dodgy lobbying he has been doing or the fact he’s been doing said lobbying while he knows a bunch of national security sensitive secrets? Maybe neither?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If he was doing this for the moral good, rather than out of spite, then you lot might have a point.

Amazing how you lot jump to defend this scummy little man when, not so long ago, you all saw him for the scummy little man that he is.
I dont think anyone here doesn’t think he’s scum? You can both think someone is scum and believe some of the words they say.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
If he was doing this for the moral good, rather than out of spite, then you lot might have a point.

Amazing how you lot jump to defend this scummy little man when, not so long ago, you all saw him for the scummy little man that he is.
We don't have to defend the rats to enjoy watching them eat each other.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Just remember these words when you decide to start saying "oh you're all ganging up on me, mob mentality, I feck dogs" etc love you babe

Fluctuation0161

Don't you get it, the man is privy to national secrets which, if they got into the wrong hands could have a serious detrimental effects on the security of this country, and, no doubt, other countries.

Could say exactly the same for Boris.

Even before considering his Russian connections.

Fluctuation0161

No one is defending him. It just adds to a long list of dodgy practices by our government which is much more important, and relevant, than you buying the Tory line of deflecting all blame and anger onto Cummings.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How do you not see it. You sweep away his revelations as “inconvenient“, as if the substance of them has no relevance beyond that, while demanding punishment for an offence Cummings hasn’t even committed. Whose narrative does that align with?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It does raise the question of just what does Boris need to do to lose his majority?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The problem is a good number of people felt the same way - they’d have rather carried on and let people die - they just didn’t put it quite so eloquently as Boris has here and hid behind FREEDOM and other such bollocks. As such nothing will come of this. He could shoot a puppy on National TV and still be popular because he’d be great to have a pint with.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
With a 80 seat majority, having vanquished 30 or so of his most vocal (in-house) Tory party members and with Labour finding it hard to get out of a paper bag, that is a pretty good description of how Boris must be feeling.

The country does love a strong leader.
But eventually, that love turns into hate.
Remember Thatcher and even Churchill and to a degree, Blair.
What it does not like is a leader who cannot be trusted.
In the end, the truth always comes out.
Boris is skating on very thin ice. And that is why he will do anything and everything to stop a covid enquiry. That will be the end of him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The Beeb were reporting this as "PM denies allegations" a couple of hours ago but now they're staying that he did in fact say it. They must have some pretty solid sources of they've stopped backing Boris on this.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

He should shut his fecking mouth, or it needs to be shut for him.
I see that you have not answered my question.
And anyway, Boris is trading on the belief that nobody really takes any notice of what Cummings says. So he is perfectly happy to let him carry on.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I can't remember your question, sorry. It must have got lost in the general hysteria.
The hysteria that Cummings will leak ehm *checks notes* national security secrets? Don't worry, I think no one in here actually thinks that could happen.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The Beeb were reporting this as "PM denies allegations" a couple of hours ago but now they're staying that he did in fact say it. They must have some pretty solid sources of they've stopped backing Boris on this.

Wonder what their sources are...

Cummings is sharpening his knife for boris and im sure gove is getting ready to stab sunak in the back...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The hysteria that Cummings will leak ehm *checks notes* national security secrets? Don't worry, I think no one in here actually thinks that could happen.
Indeed.
He has no need to do anything like that.
His fall out with Boris has become incredibly toxic. He obviously knows how unpopular he is (hardly surprising). But he is absolutely intent on damaging his ex boss.
I mean. You have to question Boris judgement on allowing the relationship get to this level.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Pity they don’t have one then