Westminster Politics

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We need the return of spitting image. So much material
It’s returned. It turns out the writers evolved into your typical right wing boomers and use their satire to attack people like Greta Thunberg instead while giving the Tories a very soft and silly form of satire.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s returned. It turns out the writers evolved into your typical right wing boomers and use their satire to attack people like Greta Thunberg instead while giving the Tories a very soft and silly form of satire.
Ugh. Disappointing

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why would you waste time attacking a young lady like Greta. The state of this country is so ridiculous

Smores

It’s incredible isn’t it. People telling me BBC are bunch of lefties are insane.
Tories were all over twitter this morning calling it lefty because Charlie Stayt dared ask a tough question of Zahawi.

Your average working Tory isn't very bright. I know we're supposed to pretend otherwise but the evidence is in everyones faces 24/7.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
In fairness they did Priti Patel quite dirty but somehow depicting her as a vampire who eats babies doesn't fully reflect the true horror of her personality.

Balljy

We need a new Chris Morris to create a modern version of The Day Today or Brass Eye to lay into them with no holding back. It turned out that Brass Eye was just current affairs programming 20 years ahead of time.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I like Kuenssberg. As long as you see her as a troll whose job is to drive people insane then you can really appreciate the craft.

Drifter

American
Levelling up? Another pointless slogan from Boris. They haven't a clue what they will be doing next week,let alone in ten years.

jeff_goldblum

When Chris Morris did that interview where he said comedy needed a 'point' or it's just like a supplicant putting on a show to please the court he couldn't have asked for a better example than the new Spitting Image. I've never seen a show with so much contempt for both it's audience and the very concept of humour. The fact that it's still being made is embarrassing for the television industry.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
When Chris Morris did that interview where he said comedy needed a 'point' or it's just like a supplicant putting on a show to please the court he couldn't have asked for a better example than the new Spitting Image. I've never seen a show with so much contempt for both it's audience and the very concept of humour. The fact that it's still being made is embarrassing for the television industry.
Perfectly put.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Another article to make your blood boil.

It’s a report laying out just how little the private hospital sector did to relieve the NHS during the pandemic despite being paid multiple billions to do exactly that.

£400m a month of tax payers money was going to these private hospitals who averaged just 8 covid patients a day, 39% of days during the pandemic they treated no covid patients at all, 20% just 1 patient and their planned NHS procedures was also down 43% on previous years.

There should be an enquiry into this and the money should be recovered or rolled over to this year and next year. It won’t though as long as some of it finds it’s way back to the Tory party.

FireballXL5

Another article to make your blood boil.
It’s a report laying out just how little the private hospital sector did to relieve the NHS during the pandemic despite being paid multiple billions to do exactly that.

£400m a month of tax payers money was going to these private hospitals who averaged just 8 covid patients a day, 39% of days during the pandemic they treated no covid patients at all, 20% just 1 patient and their planned NHS procedures was also down 43% on previous years.

There should be an enquiry into this and the money should be recovered or rolled over to this year and next year. It won’t though as long as some of it finds it’s way back to the Tory party.
Funny how they can always find the cash for their mates. £20 a week extra to feed your kids? feck off!

I'm past despair at this point.

MoskvaRed

Johnson defies all previous points of reference for a Tory PM. He slags off business leaders, his private life is a like a Renaissance pope and he is so obviously just bluster and BS that even the Daily Mail has been calling out his conference speech. And yet he would be odds on to get a majority if there were an election tomorrow.

Fluctuation0161

Johnson defies all previous points of reference for a Tory PM. He slags off business leaders, his private life is a like a Renaissance pope and he is so obviously just bluster and BS that even the Daily Mail has been calling out his conference speech. And yet he would be odds on to get a majority if there were an election tomorrow.
Because we have a complicit media and an opposition with no vision.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Government took an absolute battering on QT last night by all accounts from a predominantly pro Brexit, pro Tory audience.

Been said many times but this should be an absolute open goal for a competent opposition at the next election.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Government took an absolute battering on QT last night by all accounts from a predominantly pro Brexit, pro Tory audience.

Been said many times but this should be an absolute open goal for a competent opposition at the next election.
People have been saying that since 2016 but it seems to overlook the fact that the majority of the country is pro-Brexit and Tory and for many that is an unshakeable part of their identity.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
People have been saying that since 2016 but it seems to overlook the fact that the majority of the country is pro-Brexit and Tory and for many that is an unshakeable part of their identity.
Difference being is now they're actually seeing a detrimental effect to their own livelihood. I'd argue that inherent selfishness is more an intrinsic part of their unshakeable identity, hence the the silent Tories starting to become more vocal.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I'm pretty sure the original Spitting Image was much more of a mixed bag than people remember with their rose-tinted glasses on, but this is dreadful, actually painful. I hate the tone of it, poking fun at a perceived bumbling ineptitude, rather than targeted, vindictive policies smeared in cronyism.