Westminster Politics

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Surely a normal person would have resigned on the spot and left the party after being fecked over like that?
I have zero idea how I would even begin explaining that position to my partner.

Maticmaker

Well there you go.
Politicians and Police.
Well who'd have thought it, Police and Politics going hand in hand? :lol:

Its never ever happened before....but if it has..... it must never ever happen again...:nono: the sun is shining, Gods in his Tory heaven, all is right with the world.
Hear endeth the Lessons to be learned (11th Tory Commandment!!)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So Boris drinking outdoors with staff is a story but Keir inside drinking with staff is a non story? They're all as bad as each other.
You are literally the type of person the sun were targeting with that story.

Last edited:

Maticmaker

So Boris drinking outdoors with staff is a story but Keir inside drinking with staff is a non story? They're all as bad as each other.
Wait till they start finding photographs (real and 'doctored') of MP''s who picked their noses during lockdown, and/or who didn't wash their hands for 20 seconds or more after using the toilet and/or walked ten yards amongst the public without a mask, and/or who did something else they shouldn't have done during lockdown.

This was a serious issue with real personal and political gravitas for Boris and the Tory party to face up to, but as usual sections of the media and some political opponents, went on a 'shopping spree' to see what else they could find and thereby produced overkill. By his apology in the House Boris has shot their fox, right in the middle of the hunt, but the news hounds don't know and are still running around like headless chickens, looking for clandestine parties in offices, corridors and loos, all over Westminster.

What a shower of 'sh**!

owlo

Wait till they start finding photographs (real and 'doctored') of MP''s who picked their noses during lockdown, and/or who didn't wash their hands for 20 seconds or more after using the toilet and/or walked ten yards amongst the public without a mask, and/or who did something else they shouldn't have done during lockdown.

This was a serious issue with real personal and political gravitas for Boris and the Tory party to face up to, but as usual sections of the media and some political opponents, went on a 'shopping spree' to see what else they could find and thereby produced overkill. By his apology in the House Boris has shot their fox, right in the middle of the hunt, but the news hounds don't know and are still running around like headless chickens, looking for clandestine parties in offices, corridors and loos, all over Westminster.

What a shower of 'sh**!
I'm confused. Elaborate.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

What a shower of 'sh**!
You write with such Facebook prose.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

What a shower of 'sh**!
They may well find photos of non Tory politicians partying during Covid restrictions.
But none should be as important or incriminating as the PM.
He has almost exclusively turned a 10 point lead into a 10 point deficit in the polls. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
His supporters are few and far between now and he is totally reliant on a positive outcome from the enquiry.
However, in the court of public opinion, he is guilty. And as Tony Blair knows, the public has a long memory.

Maticmaker

I'm confused. Elaborate.
Tell me what you are confused about and I will try to explain.

You write with such Facebook prose.
Do I? I wouldn't know I am not on Facebook... is that good or bad?

However, in the court of public opinion, he is guilty. And as Tony Blair knows, the public has a long memory.
Yes that maybe true, but by the time the story has been embellished or retold another way, another day, about another party etc. it will have 'lost its legs' in terms of the media's interest especially if the public will be looking elsewhere, and the potency of the original charge against Boris will have been watered down by the telling and the re-telling of the tale... also don't forget Blair was known as 'Teflon Tony and it wasn't the public who got rid of him, it was Gordon Brown's heavy mob! Made him an offer he couldn't refuse... apparently!

Disgruntled Tories have to some degree been able to claim they have 'flexed their muscles' and got Boris to turn up and to 'fess up' in Parliament, but they don't want him gone, not yet, there is more 'Tory baggage' Boris has to be loaded up with and for him to carry with him before he gets 'cut loose', much too early yet (not for you of course!) to have him disappear and 'spend more time with his family'. Boris knows however he is on thin ice, but this drumbeat has been banging a while and he's still there. The longer it carries on with a lesser tune, the better for him.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Was this definitely the case? I thought there were still restrictions when this happened?
It was at a local counselor’s office on the campaign trail for local elections in the evening whilst having dinner. Clearly this is much worse than the going’s on in 10 Downing Street and Keir should be deported back to Eastern Europe the friggin immigrant.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
It was at a local counselor’s office on the campaign trail for local elections in the evening whilst having dinner. Clearly this is much worse than the going’s on in 10 Downing Street and Keir should be deported back to Eastern Europe the friggin immigrant.
I am aware it was an evening working dinner. I was questioning the point about no restrictions in place. I thought there were. I only ask as on FB I have a barm pot Tory sharing this picture on multiple threads and I would like to conclusively refute this story.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Nadine Dorries: BBC licence fee announcement will be the last

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60014514
It's been on the cards for long enough and no surprise given shite like below. I just think people should be careful what they wish for. I'm sure there must be a massive overlap between people who moan about 'woke' crap being rammed down their throats on Dr Who, but love Attenborough's nature programmes. Idiots will moan when there's an ad break in their Eastenders shite too.

Also, what was the point of that embarrassing law about public service broadcasters having to champion Britain and 'British values' in their programming, when the government was hellbent on dismantling all public service broadcasting TV anyway?

Tory fury as BBC 'breaches impartiality over Partygate': Newsnight airs 'horror video' packed with clips of angry MPs calling for Boris Johnson to quit over lockdown party scandal

The clip lasted one minute and 54 seconds, but no more than 20 seconds were afforded to the Government and Prime Minister’s position.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tiality-Boris-Johnson-partygate-coverage.html

Drifter

American
It's been on the cards for long enough and no surprise given shite like below. I just think people should be careful what they wish for. I'm sure there must be a massive overlap between people who moan about 'woke' crap being rammed down their throats on Dr Who, but love Attenborough's nature programmes. Idiots will moan when there's an ad break in their Eastenders shite too.

Also, what was the point of that embarrassing law about public service broadcasters having to champion Britain and 'British values' in their programming, when the government was hellbent on dismantling all public service broadcasting TV anyway?

Tory fury as BBC 'breaches impartiality over Partygate': Newsnight airs 'horror video' packed with clips of angry MPs calling for Boris Johnson to quit over lockdown party scandal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tiality-Boris-Johnson-partygate-coverage.html
I'm torn a bit. Although, I have been calling for the BBC to go subscription . Knowing that Murdoch owned papers are delighted by this news does not bode well for any kind of impartiality left in UK media.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
As an Irish person looking on, with an awful, awful public service broadcaster (that also costs a similar license fee), I find the disdain for the BBC a bit odd. It's an incredible service. Rammed full of great content. I'm not sure license fees are the way to move forward but it honestly feels like the UK public don't know how good they have it with the BBC.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nadine Dorries is a fecking cnut. They’ve been fecking the BBC for ages and this is ‘punishment’ for what they perceive to be unfair reporting.

This is probably the most despicable government I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nadine Dorries is a fecking cnut. They’ve been fecking the BBC for ages and this is ‘punishment’ for what they perceive to be unfair reporting.

Yeah but they're doing it to stop pensioners going to jail and being harassed for not having a TV license, which is because Dorries cancelled their free ones. So it's totes legit.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Yeah but they're doing it to stop pensioners going to jail and being harassed for not having a TV license, which is because Dorries cancelled their free ones. So it's totes legit.
They’ll just be going to jail for failure to pay their energy bills anyway so may as well keep tv licence

Fluctuation0161

100%.

Cameron started the trend from 2010, threatening to cut bbc funds and changing the BBC leadership to Tories. Effectively trying to turn them into a government mouthpiece.

Then it ends with Johnson and Dorries not happy with partygate coverage trying to shut it down.

No doubt once Johnson is replaced all will be blamed on him, but this clusterfeck has been over 10 years in the making.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
At this point I don't care for more stories coming out. It's abundantly clear he didn't follow lockdown rules. Learning about each and every time he didn't is becoming tedious, he clearly was at it every week

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I'm torn a bit. Although, I have been calling for the BBC to go subscription . Knowing that Murdoch owned papers are delighted by this news does not bode well for any kind of impartiality left in UK media.
The licence model is somewhat archaic, although I don't need to pay it anymore after leaving the UK, but yep, even though I've been pissed with Laura K's simpering toward the government, anything that strengthens the DM, Sun et al's hand is obviously bad.

Smores

How do the Tories get away with the idea that they love the country and Labour hate it?

Or to ask the question another way why do Tory voters think it's okay to attack our institutions (BBC. NHS, Rail) but if anyone dares to criticise what we GB did 200 years ago well that's uncalled for!