Westminster Politics

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
"A DWP spokesperson said rules had been followed adding: “As the competent state for Mr Peters’ wife is the Netherlands then by extension it is the competent state for Mr Peters as a family member.""

What? So he is british, fought for the british, lives in britain, but because he married a dutch woman the netherlands are now responsible for him? In what universe does that make sense?

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
It looks like the Tories continue to receive a lot of criticism from the right as well as from the left and centre left, from people who despise both Sunak or Hunt.

In general, I imagine that quite a few previous and regular Tory voters, even if they can't bring themselves to switch to Labour or even the Lib Dems, will just stay at home. And if a reasonable number people on the right want to switch to Richard Tice's Reform party, that's all beneficial in terms of getting the Tories out as well.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Such a weird jibe. Can’t help but think that it’s a bit of a mask slipping moment where Gove forgets his audience isn’t a bunch of out of touch Tory MPs who see Marcus as merely a disruptive nuisance.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I thought the Tories were the party of the armed forces? Every service person I've ever met says they vote Tory because of it. It's really just a legacy from Thatcher*, and this new lot are just pretending to give a shit.

*Just in case anyone mistakes me for a moment; she was a cnut as well.
Google David Clapson.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Such a weird jibe. Can’t help but think that it’s a bit of a mask slipping moment where Gove forgets his audience isn’t a bunch of out of touch Tory MPs who see Marcus as merely a disruptive nuisance.
Such a draft thing to say. Obviously the first stupid thing that came into his head. And you can tell that as soon as he said it, he started wishing he hadn't.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Indeed, she immediately realised she fecked up.
Not just that but they clearly have no real clue about the various schemes or entry requirements at even a broad level.

It's clearly far far too much to ask that these people be expert, or even passingly familiar with the key issues they are responsible for.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It’s passably funny to be fair. To ghouls and goblins.

Starmer would do well to address the strength in depth of his party: Praise Rashford, credit him as being a better human than everyone on the opposition team, and acknowledge he does that for free, part time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Who is Raab again? What is his title?
At one point he was deputy prime minister i.e. no brains so don't put him in charge of anything but he's enough charisma to come across as a leader at a glance. No idea what he is now on the Tory revolving carousel of ministerial incompetence.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
At one point he was deputy prime minister i.e. no brains so don't put him in charge of anything but he's enough charisma to come across as a leader at a glance. No idea what he is now on the Tory revolving carousel of ministerial incompetence.
Well put. Thanks!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Between Cruella's incompetence, millions handed out to their mates & Raab's bullying, it's just another normal day for the Tories.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
DM pushing that Tory MP's distraction line on the current strikes following 12 years of his party's rule are a reason to not vote Labour:houllier: