Westminster Politics

LARulz

I like how he thinks that a bunch of drinks is essential. I wish someone would just say what about others? Hospitals etc. weren't having drinks to keep up morale

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
He has already admitted misleading Parliament, because it is obvious that he did.
But he now says that he did not 'intentially' mislead it.
Because he knows that it will be pretty difficult to conclusively prove his intentions. Intentions are subjective and not objective.
That shouldnt matter. Not knowing the law it doesnt exempt you to habing to adhere to you and doesnt exhonerate you of a crime.

If i am new to the UK and i dont know that you drive on the leftxand i start driving on the right, the police will still fine me the same as if i would know

Or at least that is how it should work in a healthy judiciary system. Now, we are talking about how corrupt who will take care of this is because is boris

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The thing is, this is what Johnson does. It’s ridiculous and we all find it shameful and pathetic but in the end it will work and it will result in once again no consequences for his actions.

And once again this behaviour will be reinforced as the right approach for him to take, just like it has been since he was a little wanker at Eton.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Passing drinks to each other was exempt, but the Prime Minister ensured no one borrowed each other's pens.
I understood penis. What it would not be weird accounting how many kids bojo has

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That shouldnt matter. Not knowing the law it doesnt exempt you to habing to adhere to you and doesnt exhonerate you of a crime.

If i am new to the UK and i dont know that you drive on the leftxand i start driving on the right, the police will still fine me the same as if i would know

Or at least that is how it should work in a healthy judiciary system. Now, we are talking about how corrupt who will take care of this is because is boris
This is not about whether he broke the law or not. It is about whether on the balance of probability, he intentionally mislead parliament.
The key word is intentionally.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Sunak genuinely laughing it off sums the whole thing up
Yes. It is hilarious isn't it. And I am sure that the hundreds of thousands of people who lost a family member due to COVID will find it equally hilarious.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Just watching an excerpt of the MPs questioning Boris Johnson. He had told the Committee that he had replied on advice given to him by senior officials.
That being the case, he was then asked to tell the Committee who had actually told him that.
Boris then sat there waving his hands about opening his mouth but saying nothing in his usual bumbling then saying that he could not actually name anyone.
Priceless.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Just watching an excerpt of the MPs questioning Boris Johnson. He had told the Committee that he had replied on advice given to him by senior officials.
That being the case, he was then asked to tell the Committee who had actually told him that.
Boris then sat there waving his hands about opening his mouth but saying nothing in his usual bumbling then saying that he could not actually name anyone.
Priceless.
He ultimately admitted the advice came from two paid media consultants who were employed to make him look good.

cafecillos

The "I didn't think it was against the rules, therefore it wasn't" defense just can't wash, can it?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Neither am I but I think it's up to you to back up your original point, that 'The Tories have been steadily rising in the polls the last few months'. Is it true or not?
Was a 20 point lead not long ago. Momentum (no pun) is all with the Tories, sadly

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Was a 20 point lead not long ago. Momentum (no pun) is all with the Tories, sadly

Yeah, I think there's a fair chunk of Torydom that will never vote Labour, and the closer we get to an election the more they think who they will actually vote for, rather than answer as a protest. Labour majority still 8/13 on with Betfair, Tories 6/1 against. Good value on the Tories for anyone that thinks they're coming back I suppose.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Yeah, I think there's a fair chunk of Torydom that will never vote Labour, and the closer we get to an election the more they think who they will actually vote for, rather than answer as a protest. Labour majority still 8/13 on with Betfair, Tories 6/1 against. Good value on the Tories for anyone that thinks they're coming back I suppose.
I think we'll see a bit of a Tory slide in the polls in the aftermath of Rishi Sunak getting his Northern Ireland Brexit deal over the line. Farage has gone full on Brexit is ruined mode and you have to feel some long time Tory voters might take some votes away.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I thought this was a Viz spoof at first, when a friend sent me the link. Not sure which is worse out of the teaser and the headline.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I thought this was a Viz spoof at first, when a friend sent me the link. Not sure which is worse out of the teaser and the headline.

You would expect the DM to come down on Boris side and against ******* Harman because she is a Labour chairwoman.

But to me, the case against Boris is very simple.
He is obviously quite intelligent.
He stood up night after night both listening to the chief medical officer and chief scientific officer as well as him telling us what we should and should not do.
So when he went to those parties, if he was not sure what he was allowed to do within the COVID restrictions, all he should have done was to make a quick phone call to those people.
But he didn't even do that and is now blaming others for not giving him the proper advice.

It was a pathetic defence despite what his followers are trying to make out.
JRM said last night that the 'court of public opinion would have clearly come down on the side of Boris'.....
Oh really.

Maticmaker

Boris has some arrogance that I wish I had at times. The guy can stand over a dead body, with their blood on his hands and him twirling the machete around but claim confidently it wasn't him and he'd genuinely believe himself

fecking cnut. Basically saying that its cos he believed it, he didn't do anything wrong.
:lol: or Boris would say... "there I was showing off my skills with the 'twirling machete' trick and this guy walked into it... it wasn't my fault now was it?" :lol:

Last edited: