Westminster Politics

DanH

It doesn’t at all. I use a ceramic burr and my wife calls me a redneck because instead of manually grinding I use a grinder where the handle rivet broke and put it in my drill.

I mostly coarse grind and aeropress these days, but I also have a vacuum/syphon which produces the smoothest cup

Maybe there should be a coffee snob thread
I thought I'd clicked on a coffee thread on my phone!

Sorry for off topic.

Balljy

Cabinet Office has until 4pm to give over the WhatsApps between Johnson and 40 people MPs and Contacts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65752422

Apparently they told the Covid Enquiry that the diaries and messages were immaterial. Now the story has changed and they "dont have them".

Corruption!
It sounds like he knows he's in trouble from that article:

"Mr Johnson has since stopped cooperating with his government-appointed lawyers and is appointing his own. "

Drainy

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
They have broken him.
Jesus christ.

I hated Liz Truss in her brief PM-ship because she just said the same thing to different questions just in a different order. Hearing it again from Sunak is tiresome.

He also didn't sound like the leader of the country and merely just a press sec/spokesperson for something instead. Is this really the best we've got?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Jesus christ.

I hated Liz Truss in her brief PM-ship because she just said the same thing to different questions just in a different order. Hearing it again from Sunak is tiresome.

He also didn't sound like the leader of the country and merely just a press sec/spokesperson for something instead. Is this really the best we've got?
He is, it's called the ERG Nat-C party.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
And it could get worse under Labour and Rachel Reeves
Nope, Starmer is just pretending to be right wing so he can win votes and then he'll prove us all wrong once they win.

He's going to pivot any day now..

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
They have broken him.
Fecking hate this sh*t. So tired of watching / listening to these feckers puking out the scripted, non committal bollocks that’s spewed out to questions they don’t want to truthfully answer, wilfully showing just how much contempt they have for us and what we deserve to know.

Lying cnuts.

Smores

They'll just wipe any record of all those messages. It's what every public institution including the police does when they're in the shit.

There's something in those messages that would be far too damaging to release and the punishment for losing them will be a slap on the wrist.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I hate to think how much public money they are spending on a legal challenge against their own fecking inquiry.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Jesus Christ, imagine paying £5 a month to hear what Nigel Farage thinks about things.

Jericholyte2

What is the actual point of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker?!?

A fact is a fact, not an ‘interpretation of statistics’!