Westminster Politics

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
More tweets from a few accounts, yet to be verified but ostensibly credible, suggesting a third trip from Cummings to Durham on 10 May. There’ll be more witnesses if true. Let’s hope journalists look into this and can confirm if it has any substance.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't know any police officers sadly @TheReligion but certainly amongst the doctors, nurses and teachers I know, morale has been persistently chipped away over the past 10+ years, made worse by the fact they and their attack dogs in the media have taken pot shots when needed as well.

I'm sure fire officers must feel the same post Grenfell too.
Yeah what the government did during austerity was hard to take and decimated services. On a side the supreme court has actually agreed that the changes made to the police and fire service pensions were discriminative and refused any right of appeal from the government. Hopefully that will be put right but yeah confidence is low and has been since May was home secretary.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

There is definitely more releases to come on this story. As one of the comments says, they will probably release this afternoon ahead of the press conference.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
@One Night Only come on over here so we can chat more about how Cummings was basically commuting between London and Durham while also regularly out and about the county and started doing it while symptomatic with Covid.

The radio silence from ministers and Kuennsberg since the second group of stories broke should be a pretty good clue that he was massively out of order.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Her "sources" are still fixing their story.
It’s the fact that she won’t comment on the story without getting her brief first that is an absolute scandal.

Acole9

Outstanding
This is hugely embarrassing for the government. If they can't cope without him then they should all go too.

Fluctuation0161

It’s the fact that she won’t comment on the story without getting her brief first that is an absolute scandal.
Really highlights what has been quite obvious for a long time. But this particular example is probably the most obvious instance of her purely being an extremly biased Conservative government mouthpiece.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Probably a silly question but with new accusations that he's been to other places, how are they verified?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Probably a silly question but with new accusations that he's been to other places, how are they verified?
There is eye witness accounts, one witness actually googled his number plate at the time. Also the police have now contradicted government line and said that they did speak to him.

pacifictheme

This whole thing is so depressing. No chance he walks and no chance it effects the torys negatively. They are somehow untouchable.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Lies lies lies. The government is incompetent & morally corrupt. If you think their Covid response is bad, wait till Brexit is ‘finalized’.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
A valiant effort by the Tory stooge on Marr but he knew he was fighting a retreat.

More to come on this, I'm sure.

Smores

This whole thing is so depressing. No chance he walks and no chance it effects the torys negatively. They are somehow untouchable.
It's the repetition that makes them untouchable, if things go unpunished enough then people stop expecting it.

You hold him to account now and then it just increases that expectation when the government next do something wrong.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
If the papers keep pushing the stories he might get the boot if Tory MPs get sick of it dominating the news cycle. Lots of them already hate him.

FireballXL5

What did Shapps do to deserve to be the whipping boy on this?
Shapps isn't cut from the same cloth as Boris, Mogg, Gove etc. He's the grammar school oik who will do anything to please his masters.
He's also more slippery than an otter's cock, just check out some of the shady shit he's got up to over the years.

Relfy

It is no surprise that they have come out in his defense and have doubled down on the lies. Don't ever forget this is the same mob who lied about 350 million a week to the NHS, lied about Turkey joining the EU, lied about 'oven ready' trade deals, lied about German car manufacturing coming to a halt if UK left the EU, lied about border checks with Northern Ireland, as well as professing what a success they have made of handling the pandemic when they have over 35,000 corpses on their record. These people do not give a solitary feck about you and I as long as they're OK. Never lose sight of that fact when it comes to this current government.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is part of this a retaliation from the press after the whole "banning certain journalists from briefings" fiasco where they all walked out before it began? Cumbreath (don't care how old I am, I'm sticking with it) must have been behind that decision.

There will be tons of MPs who will want the little cnut to go. He's an idiot who walks around likes he the boss and for sure that will have royally pissed off some of the longer serving MPs and PSs.

MoskvaRed

The current Tory leadership (guided by Cummings) have turned politics into a culture war in which their voters don’t care what they get up to provided they stick to core messages which feed the voter base prejudices.

Cummings might go but only because a significant number of Tory MPs can’t stand him. Not because of quaint notions like ethics or voter outrage.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If my bosses sent me out like this to clean up someone else's mess, I would think they have no respect for me.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is part of this a retaliation from the press after the whole "banning certain journalists from briefings" fiasco where they all walked out before it began? Cumbreath (don't care how old I am, I'm sticking with it) must have been behind that decision.

There will be tons of MPs who will want the little cnut to go. He's an idiot who walks around likes he the boss and for sure that will have royally pissed off some of the longer serving MPs and PSs.
Well it's a Guardian and Mirror story and they're left wing papers, so Cummings would be a prime target for them anyway. You've got to imagine that someone that dislikeable has made enemies in all quarters though. I'm sure there are plenty of Tory-aligned journalists, party members and civil servants quite happy to see him get a kicking.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The current Tory leadership (guided by Cummings) have turned politics into a culture war in which their voters don’t care what they get up to provided they stick to core messages which feed the voter base prejudices.

Cummings might go but only because a significant number of Tory MPs can’t stand him. Not because of quaint notions like ethics or voter outrage.
You are right in a way. But I was thinking, a story like this does more damage than others because it is very easy to understand and it affects everyone. Everyone is sick and tired of the lockdown, so to hear some big wigs have been flouting it leaves a bad taste.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well it's a Guardian and Mirror story and they're left wing papers, so Cummings would be a prime target for them anyway. You've got to imagine that someone that dislikeable has made enemies in all quarters though. I'm sure there are plenty of Tory-aligned journalists, party members and civil servants quite happy to see him get a kicking.
I mean because of the drip feeding that we're getting with the story. I like to think that deep down they're all thinking "this is our best chance yet to screw this turd over". Yeah I'd pay for a front row seat to see him getting pummelled by a Justice Horse.