Television Westworld | SPOILERS

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
A new show premiering this October. It is produced by J.J. Abrams and the cast include Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton. It is based on the movie that came out in 1973, which was based on a novel written by Micheal Cricton.

ZAGREB RED

I'm old enough to have watched the film as a kid, remember it being awesome then, would need to re-watch it in my current vintage, but would mos def take a look at the TV series.
Just added the DVD to my Lovefilm rental list anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
A new show premiering this October. It is produced by J.J. Abrams and the cast include Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton. It is based on the movie that came out in 1973, which was based on a novel written by Micheal Cricton.

At about 19 seconds in, who is the woman in white? I can't put a name to the face but I'm sure I recognise her from somewhere!

Coxy

Looks very intriguing - looking forward to it! Coming to Sky Atlantic in October. I love HBO

Nickosaur

So excited for this. I watched the film recently, and couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it before, really enjoyed it. It's basically Jurassic Park but with cowboy robots.

I think this adaptation will take some of the themes even further - which is great news.

ZAGREB RED

So excited for this. I watched the film recently, and couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it before, really enjoyed it. It's basically Jurassic Park but with cowboy robots.

I think this adaptation will take some of the themes even further - which is great news.
I saw Westworld on VHS(!!) about 30 years ago, remember it being good but going to watch it and the 1976 follow-up Futureworld, don't think I have seen that, it didn't rate as highly as the first one but will give it a go. There was also a short-lived TV series, Beyond Westworld, which aired in the US in 1980, there were 5 episodes, but it bombed that badly they binned it after 3 and didn't show the last 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leg-End

At about 19 seconds in, who is the woman in white? I can't put a name to the face but I'm sure I recognise her from somewhere!
She was in Inception as the women Tom Hardy disguises himself as in one of the dream layers.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Hopefully it doesnt turn out to be as bad as Cowboys and Aliens.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I think it looks absolutely fecking ace

Shane B

Not Fat, Old, Racist or Scouse
I believe it is next Tuesday that it starts.

I watched the original film when I was a kid, if this is even a fraction of how good the film was, we are in for a treat.

Nickosaur

So good. It's a crazily good/interesting premise. Also morally all over the place. The man in black guy is a psychopath, and from the trailers I assumed he would be the Gunslinger/Yul Brenner role.

While the original film only really skirted around some of the moral issues of such a place, I think this show will be pretty fecked up.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That was an incredible pilot.

Being a fan of the film (which hasn't aged the best) that went way further than I expected and looks like it might have a few twists up its sleeve.

Great cast, cracking soundtrack and gripping premise. Hope it can sustain that momentum.

Cina

That was an incredible pilot.

Being a fan of the film (which hasn't aged the best) that went way further than I expected and looks like it might have a few twists up its sleeve.

Great cast, cracking soundtrack and gripping premise. Hope it can sustain that momentum.
same guy who does the epic GoT stuff apparently. Talented chap.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Very good pilot, very promising series. I think Evan Rachel Wood might just finally get some awards for her acting. Also that scene where they are questioning the dad, some good acting from an otherwise unknown actor and probably minor character.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I just watched this, really enjoyed it. I haven't seen the film or read the book so I am going into this blind so to speak, but i thought it was visually stunning, some clever music and a really interesting plot.