Television Westworld | SPOILERS

Hoof the ball

Really enjoyed season two. A concept story such as this should be enjoyed as a whole and not merely by the sum of its individual seasons. Season two, for all we know, might mature superbly in light of season three and subsequent reveals. I think it's important, much like as reading a book, to give a TV show (with a direction) the entirety of your attention until the end. Isolating and critiquing singular seasons aside has become the modern method for those who cannot demonstrate patience in a long-term story arc.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Season 2 has been fine as far as I'm concerned. Some bits were confusing but, it's Westworld the tv show. It's supposed to be. Gave it to the end of the season and most loose ends were tied up, as expected.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The season as a whole was not as fun as mentioned earlier, but it did have two of my favorite episodes: 8 and...four I think?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Season 2 has been fine as far as I'm concerned. Some bits were confusing but, it's Westworld the tv show. It's supposed to be. Gave it to the end of the season and most loose ends were tied up, as expected.
Agreed. The difference is that you could enjoy Season 1 purely on the "it's robots gone mad" level.

Adam-Utd

What I don't get is why were the humans so desperate to stop them reaching the Nirvana?

They thought the plan was to kill all humans, but really they just wanted to escape?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What I don't get is why were the humans so desperate to stop them reaching the Nirvana?

They thought the plan was to kill all humans, but really they just wanted to escape?
Maybe they didn't know about the Nirvana (which was a secret plot by Bernard/Ford iirc?!) and just had the mission to neutralize all hosts?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah Dark is fantastic. Like a ... darker ... Stranger Things, mixed with a bit of The Returned for good measure.

Oldyella

Maybe they didn't know about the Nirvana (which was a secret plot by Bernard/Ford iirc?!) and just had the mission to neutralize all hosts?
Cross purposes maybe? But you would think when they saw them in line walking off a cliff you might just pause and see what's going on.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I enjoyed it. Not as good as season one in my book but it still left me craving for another season. Most of the issues i had with it, like its creators' attempt to make it... how to put it... diligently incomprehensible (until they show you most pieces of the puzzle in the end) and most of the dialogues between the main cast sounding like they exchange quotes from fortune cookies with each other, were there from the beginning of the show, so i guess i can put up with them. Plus the Akecheta episode alone can make me forgive all the flaws S2 might have had, that was a damn good episode.

Drifter

American
Did not enjoy this season as much. Suppose hardcore Westworld watchers will get something out of it but it's losing the average viewer . Hopefully season 3 will bring it back on track.

afrocentricity

Did not enjoy this season as much. Suppose hardcore Westworld watchers will get something out of it but it's losing the average viewer . Hopefully season 3 will bring it back on track.
Depends on what you mean by that. I doubt it tho. It's been following its formula and I'm guessing it will continue to do so. Maybe the average viewer has just had enough of it?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Got this all tee’d up to watch on my dvr. Have seen the first two episodes, and I’m enjoying it so far. My question is, is the 2nd season better, worse or the same quality as the 1st season?

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Got this all tee’d up to watch on my dvr. Have seen the first two episodes, and I’m enjoying it so far. My question is, is the 2nd season better, worse or the same quality as the 1st season?
I loved the first season but i thought they have bottled it for the second one. It gets too complicated and i think it deviates from the original plot. Won't watch the 3rd for sure.

Sylar

depends. Reading this thread you will get mixed responses. Reading twitter you will get mixed responses.

I enjoyed both seasons for different reasons. I like the whole style that the tv show takes with the mystery surrounding it.

Rory 7

I think that ship has already sailed.

Or, in the case of Dolores, the train has left the station, with half the cast on board, in pursuit of her abducted father. MiB continues to wander in the wilderness, playing the 'game', without bothering to explain what the game is, or what prize he expects for winning it. Meanwhile, the super intelligent Maeve has spent the first 6 episodes on a dangerous trek across Westworld in an effort the recover a daughter who, predictably, when finally found, doesn't know who she is.

God knows what Bernard is up to. He, Elsie and the bad guys have spent a long time discovering what was obvious from the start: Ford has tampered with the machinery.

There's not a lot of forward progression. I suppose the decision to keep the action in the Park limited options. The show's big card is to hint at hidden mysteries in the hope that the audience will forgive the sluggish pace and stick around to see them revealed.
I’m at episode 9 now of series 2. You’ve described exactly how I feel. I can never get this time back either, it’s pretty much been a waste of life for me...

Roosney

The second season was a pointless piece of shit. Where you at now?

muller

I’m at episode 9 now of series 2. You’ve described exactly how I feel. I can never get this time back either, it’s pretty much been a waste of life for me...
The second season was not a pointless piece of shit.

Hope this helps.

Man of Leisure

The second season was a pointless piece of shit. Where you at now?
Just finished the 5th episode of the 1st season. So far, so good. While it does a decent job of giving you a look behind the curtain into the present real world, there's certain logistical type of questions that I still have. Is this being played out on like a movie set or a sound stage? Also assuming that even if a host can't kill a guest, guests can kill other guests.

Anyways even if the 2nd season blows, I'm all in now... My main complaint is the gratuitous shots of dudes blessed with horse cocks. Last thing I need is a tv show making me feel inadequate. :nervous:

Oldyella

It has a couple of real stand out episodes much better than the 1st season, but I think the 1st was stronger in general.

Sylar

It has a couple of real stand out episodes much better than the 1st season, but I think the 1st was stronger in general.
I think thats a fair assessment. I think s2 had a stronger back half too cos the beginning was pretty much the fallout.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Were the feck are all those "hosts souls" sent via satellite, living now? Who is powering their world? (they obviously need electricity to run a fecking simulation)

Dolores hid them inside Google, Amazon or Government servers? some shit like that?

Why they didn't cut the electricity of the park before going in?

fecking shit show. Seems everything has been improvised as the show moves forward.

Everything we've seen so far could have just being simulations inside simulations, and never the real world. we don't know.

We don't know if shit is in the past, in the future... William in the post credits, that could have been the future, the past, whatever the feck you want to be.

A linear story, but with decent writing and dialogues, could have been so much better.

HBO has become a fecking joke if you ask me. fecking Nolan!! this shit is not Memento!!!

ps. i recommend the movies... WestWorld and future world. Good proper fun, no pretentious bullshit.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Westworld went total Matrix Reloaded in season 2. Absolute hogwash with nonsensical plot points. A magical realm created out of nowhere for the hosts to go into, the forge, 'the system', it's as if they just decided to just write anything to fill their plot and didn't care for any semblance of reality (I know it's sci-fi, but the best sci-fi has a certain amount of realism to it, which is what makes it amazing).

And also, how the hell are all the real people surviving out in the open for so long without any food or water? They haven't lost any weight and look exactly the same throughout the series.

afrocentricity

And also, how the hell are all the real people surviving out in the open for so long without any food or water? They haven't lost any weight and look exactly the same throughout the series.
This ain't the machinist... Are you expecting them all to slim down like Christian Bale?

Calls for realism... Has unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

Roosney

Were the feck are all those "hosts souls" sent via satellite, living now? Who is powering their world? (they obviously need electricity to run a fecking simulation)

Dolores hid them inside Google, Amazon or Government servers? some shit like that?

fecking shit show. Seems everything has been improvised as the show moves forward.

Everything we've seen so far could have just being simulations inside simulations, and never the real world. we don't know.

We don't know if shit is in the past, in the future... William in the post credits, that could have been the future, the past, whatever the feck you want to be.

A linear story, but with decent writing and dialogues, could have been so much better.

HBO has become a fecking joke if you ask me. fecking Nolan!! this shit is not Memento!!!

ps. i recommend the movies... WestWorld and future world. Good proper fun, no pretentious bullshit.
Good points and you just hit the tip of the iceberg.

Man of Leisure

Just finished the first season. What a trip... On another note, just realized that the lady security officer wasn’t played by Dr. Melfi. Could have sworn that was Lorraine Bracco!

Roosney

Just finished the first season. What a trip... On another note, just realized that the lady security officer wasn’t played by Dr. Melfi. Could have sworn that was Lorraine Bracco!
Yeah I had to double check too, they sure have the same looks.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Solar energy, it isn't even Sci-fi.

Trizy

Loved this show and thought the second season started strong but I struggled to watch the last 2 episodes to be honest. I even had to watch the finale in two separate days a week apart. Meh.

Lining up for a 'Terminator 2' season 3. Disappointing IMO.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I was thinking when I saw her, 'Damn she's aged well.'. But then I remembered it was Westworld so I couldn't be sure what timeframe she was in.

Moby

Dick
The last two episodes were phenomenal television. Up there with the very best.

Season 1 was great but season 2 has raised the bar. Can't wait for the next one.

Irrational.

I'm done with this show.

The second season was a waste of 10+ hours of my life. Utter crock of over-convoluted, needlessly-complicated, excruciatingly-twisted, tries-to-be-clever, drip-feeding-us-faecal-matter, pretentious 20 billion timeline bullshit. A shame because the first season was watchable. Even with that unusually immortal/ superhuman, wrinkly, face-like-Harry-Redknapp's-ballsack cnut in MiB.

Not one of the characters is likeable or relatable. The finale had hilariously bad acting with cringeworthy deaths that didn't mean a single thing in the end. A fecking slug-paced shambles.

Good riddance.

Last edited:

Roosney

I'm done with this show.

The second season was a waste of 10+ hours of my life. Utter crock of over-convoluted, needlessly-complicated, excruciatingly-twisted, tries-to-be-clever, drip-feeding-us-faecal-matter, pretentious 20 billion timeline bullshit. A shame because the first season was watchable. Even with that unusually immortal/ superhuman, wrinkly, face-like-Harry-Redknapp's-ballsack cnut in MiB.

Not one of the characters is likeable or relatable. The finale had hilariously bad acting with cringeworthy deaths that didn't mean a single thing in the end. A fecking slug-paced shambles.

Good riddance.
Good call. Had the same problem with Boardwalk Empire.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finally watched the first season of this.

I enjoyed it. The Bernard twist and of course the William one especially.

I actually thought Delores was a pretty boring character though and a frustrating storyline, until the last episode.
Willam's side of it was much more interesting throughout.

The maze seemed like an attempt at a Lost style mystery, but I never understood why I was meant to care?
When revealed it was a like 'oh, ok'.
To be honest I just kinda wanted to see what stories they'd written for guests and what adventures they got up to. :lol:

Haven't looked further than about half way through this thread for obvious reasons. Also hate the English guy. Crap actor and annoying. They obviously tried to make him annoying on purpose though, what with the pissing everywhere and shouting at staff, so I assume he's been set up to be a villain or twist it into him being a hero in the 2nd season, probably just before dying.

Thandie turning around was a bit annoying after all that, or was she meant to as it was written in the script?

Edit: Oh, I also reckon Ford returns as a host. It basically means he won't die of old age. "They became the music" suggests this because he becomes his creation.

Last edited: