Television Westworld | SPOILERS

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
What do you think I’m doing, just sitting around all day every day?!
The first episode of season three was OK but the next two were really dull. Loads happened yet absolutely nothing happened. It's all style and no substance. In a world where it's basically impossible for me to waste my time, I still felt like I wasted my time watching them.

Moby

Dick
The first episode of season three was OK but the next two were really dull. Loads happened yet absolutely nothing happened. It's all style and no substance. In a world where it's basically impossible for me to waste my time, I still felt like I wasted my time watching them.
Have you watched Episode 4? All is forgiven after that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Heh, yea that’s pretty much what my opening position was re season 2, I’m extremely bored and yet still don’t feel like carrying on with the way that was going is a worthy use of my time.

I do appreciate good cinematography though so perhaps I’ll reach the point where I give it a shot.

Shame its not in 4K.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Let's be honest the show peaked in s1, but I'm enjoying s3 so far. Maeve's storyline still feels a bit pointless and forced to me, but otherwise I'm liking it. Where the show tried too hard to be intelligent in s2 it now perhaps could be a bit more subtle from time to time, but at the very least it's good entertainment with amazing production and I think the first four episodes have laid a very promising foundation for the rest of the season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Heh, yea that’s pretty much what my opening position was re season 2, I’m extremely bored and yet still don’t feel like carrying on with the way that was going is a worthy use of my time.

I do appreciate good cinematography though so perhaps I’ll reach the point where I give it a shot.

Shame its not in 4K.
S2 was good for 2 great episodes, but I can’t remember which they were and if I went back I think I’d just be more confused.

You can pick up on S3 as it is sort of a new start. It still won’t make sense until episode 3 or 4 though.

saivet

fecked this off after season 2 disappeared up its own arse. Some of the comments on here seem to suggest some kind of shift in story, is it possible to pick up from S3E1 or would I need to finish S2?
I think you'd be fine jumping straight into S3E1 as I watched all of S2 and I was confused for 95% of it and I know plenty of other people found it extremely confusing too. Maybe read or watch a brief summary of what happened in season 2.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
S2 was good for 2 great episodes, but I can’t remember which they were and if I went back I think I’d just be more confused.

You can pick up on S3 as it is sort of a new start. It still won’t make sense until episode 3 or 4 though.
So standard for Westworld then

I think you'd be fine jumping straight into S3E1 as I watched all of S2 and I was confused for 95% of it and I know plenty of other people found it extremely confusing too. Maybe read or watch a brief summary of what happened in season 2.
Yea might check out some YouTube summary vids.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That was feckin ace! Who's the last pearl? Another Dolores? Or someone else? Who is the Dolores we haven't seen? Dolores is Dolores who is also Dolores while Dolores imitates Dolores!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is Aaron Paul in this simply because he's Aaron Paul? I don't see what relevance his character has yet?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Is Aaron Paul in this simply because he's Aaron Paul? I don't see what relevance his character has yet?
Do we see any relevance in anything till the final? :lol: he will be some sort of twist.

He's actually serac / reoboham or owns it or something, he's been working with Dolores to figure out how the hosts think/react so he can complete his bullshit. Also he created covid 19, is actually an alien, and is a mythical god.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That was feckin ace! Who's the last pearl? Another Dolores? Or someone else? Who is the Dolores we haven't seen? Dolores is Dolores who is also Dolores while Dolores imitates Dolores!
The last pearl is Dave. Dave was Rehoboam’s grandpa. You didn’t see him yet because he’s been spying from his rooftop so far.

AaronRedDevil

Loved this episode. Its nice when a show surprises you halfway in and its not a finale.

Feel like I'm the only one that liked S2 :lol:

LonelyFire

She brought Bernard back in order to keep her in check because she thought she would need it - she’s going to end up getting that morality check from Aaron Paul’s character. That’s my guess

Moby

Dick
Nope.

It had some boring filler stuff in the middle but overall was still pretty good television. The whole recording the lives of all the guests and cloning them into hosts was an excellent addition to the plotline and that's something that will be a huge part of this season as well. We did see that in S1 as well with Bernard, but doing that with one guy as opposed to being able to do that with seemingly anyone was a huge shift, and it's a good driver for Dolores' character.

Amarsdd

Loved this episode. Its nice when a show surprises you halfway in and its not a finale.

I actually loved S2 in the second viewing. Not quite as much as S1 but still better than 99% of the shows out there. I think Westworld is one of those shows which you really have give your 100% focus while watching and view multiple times to fully appreciate it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice to see a bit more enthusiasm back in here. Decent episode, few eye roll moments but this is Westworld... Killer robots etc

Moby

Dick
There's something spookily similar between William and Liam. The way Liam reluctantly walked into that charity whorehouse was a bit similar to how William was introduced, and both of them being in love with Dolores. I don't know, something weird's going on there.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So who do we think is going to end up "winning"?

I want Dolores to win in the end, but also want a decent ending for MiB too. Don't know how that could work though.

Will be an absolute shit show if Maeve, or Bernard "win", would make it another run of the mill cringe "happy" ending.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's a human Dolores appears to be bonding with. We don't know how genuine that is yet, but thus far we have only seen Dolores (concious version) fighting against her would be overlords, now we see her interact with someone who doesn't intend to harm or enslave her. He also opened the door for some further development in her character ("you and I are a lot alike" or whatever the exact quote was) and his character also changes the scope of the show from robot freedom fighters to some dystopian version of our future, where your fate is decided by data mining and algorithms.

Personally I'm half expecting the different Dolores versions to turn against each other. The Hale clone already showed us that they can differ significantly in their feelings and behavior to the point even where it became threatening to the mission. I think one or more of them solving their maze2.0 and branching their character/values into different directions, eventually becoming adversaries of their original (e.g. "Hale" developing scruples because of "her" child) would fit perfectly into the themes and questions of previous seasons.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
So who do we think is going to end up "winning"?

I want Dolores to win in the end, but also want a decent ending for MiB too. Don't know how that could work though.

Will be an absolute shit show if Maeve, or Bernard "win", would make it another run of the mill cringe "happy" ending.
I don't think Bernard is on the good side, in the S2 finale he brings her back after killing her with Ford's help, and this is pretty much the continuation of Ford's narrative, which Bernard is a part of. He isn't there to stop her, he's there to make sure she succeeds as that was always the end goal that Ford and Arnold/Bernard were looking for, which is hosts dominating the world. Ford has programmed Bernard to think he's on the good side and wants to stop Dolores but as he has done in the past, he will always be there to make sure that she and her clones get what they want.

Sanche7

No mention of Ramin Djawadi's rendition of The Weekend's Wicked Games? One of the highlights of the episode for me, just so beautiful

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't think Bernard is on the good side, in the S2 finale he brings her back after killing her with Ford's help, and this is pretty much the continuation of Ford's narrative, which Bernard is a part of. He isn't there to stop her, he's there to make sure she succeeds as that was always the end goal that Ford and Arnold/Bernard were looking for, which is hosts dominating the world. Ford has programmed Bernard to think he's on the good side and wants to stop Dolores but as he has done in the past, he will always be there to make sure that she and her clones get what they want.
Hasn't the current Bernard been brought back by Dolores? A rebuild based on her recollections of him? I thought they mentioned that in one of the first episodes of this season. Doesn't rule out some hidden objective being injected into him, but I guess it would mean the end of Ford's direct influence?!

Moby

Dick
Hasn't the current Bernard been brought back by Dolores? A rebuild based on her recollections of him? I thought they mentioned that in one of the first episodes of this season. Doesn't rule out some hidden objective being injected into him, but I guess it would mean the end of Ford's direct influence?!
Ford and Arnold created Dolores. Arnold died and Ford and Dolores recreated him as Bernard. Then Ford and Dolores died and Ford helped Bernard in recreating Dolores. Ford and Arnold/Bernard share the same objective for hosts which is to be sentient and overpower the human race. Ford triggered this in S1 and the first human massacre happened, since then both Bernard and Dolores are basically following that narrative. If I had to venture a guess I'd say when Ford via Bernard recreated Dolores, he programmed her to keep Bernard alive, in a scenario where Dolores dies again and needs to be recreated. Bernard and Dolores at this stage are basically clones.

Dante

Average bang
Didn't he randomly stumble upon her by accident though?
Yes.

He was brought to Connell's helicopter via the Rico app, right after finding out he needed money. There's no way Delores would have known that Caleb was going to do that at that exact moment.

Then when he found Delores stumbling, that was thanks to him going for a random walk (something that Rehoboam wouldn't know about because he doesn't have an implant).

It was totally random. But Delores has already had use for Caleb when she injected inject blood into him for the money transfer. I wouldn't be surprised if she did need a human for her plan, but didn't decide on who that would be until Caleb fell into her lap.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ford and Arnold created Dolores. Arnold died and Ford and Dolores recreated him as Bernard. Then Ford and Dolores died and Ford helped Bernard in recreating Dolores. Ford and Arnold/Bernard share the same objective for hosts which is to be sentient and overpower the human race. Ford triggered this in S1 and the first human massacre happened, since then both Bernard and Dolores are basically following that narrative. If I had to venture a guess I'd say when Ford via Bernard recreated Dolores, he programmed her to keep Bernard alive, in a scenario where Dolores dies again and needs to be recreated. Bernard and Dolores at this stage are basically clones.
Can you map this out with a flowchart? Preferably in crayons. Ta.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I love the "reveal" episodes in this.

Hosts revealing themselves, people revealing they're in simulations, that reveal in the most recent episode I must have watched 20 times!

O'Connell? sounds proper menacing

Moby

Dick
It wasn't enough that we had possible simulations within simulations but now we have Jesse Pinkman hallucinating on some next gen drugs.

Decent episode, more of a setup than anything else. I guess I am impressed by how they have managed to revamp the initial concept without giving away with the core narratives. They've gone from robots being controlled by a system to humans being controlled by a system. Also a bit Black Mirror-ish, this season.

I wonder when Dolores left WW for the real world, was she even aware that even in the real world, a similar supercomputer governs everything that happens, and she would have to fight against it similar to how she had to fight against WW. Surely her initial motive was to annihilate humans and or at least those who run stuff like WW and put hosts or rather her in charge of everything. That's what the initial episodes pointed towards in this season as well but now it seems she's gonna fight against Serac to free humans from his machine, but is she still gonna feck them up once she's done with Serac. :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Took me a minute to realize what Pinkman...err, Caleb had been pricked with. That sequence was interesting, if nothing else.

Not sure how to rate this episode. Ep.4 is still the leader in the clubhouse for best so far.