Television Westworld | SPOILERS

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Took me a minute to realize what Pinkman...err, Caleb had been pricked with. That sequence was interesting, if nothing else.

Not sure how to rate this episode. Ep.4 is still the leader in the clubhouse for best so far.
The whole car chase scene was bollocks, 35mph pretty much, the artsy fartsy camera work just for the drug bit was absolute shite too I thought.

Gutted we've lost O'Connell :(

Was a decent enough episode though, I quite enjoyed it, obviously setting up for the last few EPs we have left of this season.

Moby

Dick
I still think this is all a massive simulation running inside Rehoboam.

Having rewatched the episode a couple of times, there are still critical moments revealing the motives and hints at what might happen. The exchanges between Dolores and Serac and then Dolores and Caleb at the end are pretty interesting. No idea what to make of Caleb, at this point. Dolores via O'Connell telling Bernard he is the only host who is irreplaceable is also an interesting moment. It's a really good setup for the rest of the season. It sucks there's only 3 episodes left. Doubt they finish this arc in this season anyway.

Moby

Dick
The whole car chase scene was bollocks, 35mph pretty much, the artsy fartsy camera work just for the drug bit was absolute shite too I thought.
Yeah that 'action' sequence was crap. :lol: I think in general they have always tried to make the action stuff too artsy or weird and it ends up shite. Surely not the highlight of this show overall.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I still think this is all a massive simulation running inside Rehoboam.

Having rewatched the episode a couple of times, there are still critical moments revealing the motives and hints at what might happen. The exchanges between Dolores and Serac and then Dolores and Caleb at the end are pretty interesting. No idea what to make of Caleb, at this point. Dolores via O'Connell telling Bernard he is the only host who is irreplaceable is also an interesting moment. It's a really good setup for the rest of the season. It sucks there's only 3 episodes left. Doubt they finish this arc in this season anyway.
If it ends up a simulation then I'm out I think.

Moby

Dick
If it ends up a simulation then I'm out I think.
:lol: Just seems too quick to have reached a point where everything Serac had seemingly done for decades has been undone. Even if he ends up taking Dolores or whoever out, how will he undo what Dolores just did and reveal all the information from Rehoboam to every person in the world. Think that gives it away that this is not really happening. I mean this is a show literally about make believe worlds.

The Firestarter

Bit weird. The world has irreversibly diverged from the simulation , or that's just what we're supposed to believe now? Stylistically, the show seems struggling to find itself again, after the more or less established setting of the first two seasons.

Not sure why the genre scene was even written in.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Do people watch episode multiple times? I dont know how Redditors actually get so many theories.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I lost interested in Westworld as of E2 of this season. Am I alone in that? It all just feels very blah. It s going in so many directions as some kind of insult to the viewers - let's see them figure out this mess as it there s some legitimate reasons behind it. Thats how it comes across anyway.

Aaron Paul seems like an awesome dude but he is a very very limited actor imho and it cheapens the show. That's just one of the reasons though. Thandie Newton imho is still the star of the show. Fkin amazing actress and in some ways too bad Westworld ties her up a bit.

Moby

Dick
Am I alone in that?
Maybe but 2nd episode was crap so I can understand. Even the 3rd one wasn't too great but they picked it up massively with the 4th and 5th was decent-good as well.

With 3 episodes left in the season, I hope they don't do a repeat of season 2 and dish out an absolute dogshit filler episode right when everything has been set up for a showdown and everyone's anticipating all these character arcs to unfold.

HBO deserves to be sued for that episode 8 of last season.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The exact role of Maeve and Caleb is the key to how good, bad or indifferent this season will be.

Moby

Dick
She is empathising with them as she realises that they are controlled like she is/was.
She was aware of that at the start of the season while she happily went around drowning guys and shooting everyone in sight, which she still is. So what's her deal. "All you guys deserve to know your fate and not be controlled by some machine, you need to be freeeeee. Also, here take a bullet"

cafecillos

I lost interested in Westworld as of E2 of this season. Am I alone in that? It all just feels very blah. It s going in so many directions as some kind of insult to the viewers - let's see them figure out this mess as it there s some legitimate reasons behind it. Thats how it comes across anyway.

Aaron Paul seems like an awesome dude but he is a very very limited actor imho and it cheapens the show. That's just one of the reasons though. Thandie Newton imho is still the star of the show. Fkin amazing actress and in some ways too bad Westworld ties her up a bit.
It's weird, judging from his BB performance, I'd have said he was an excellent actor, but it's true that he seems to have been phoning it in a bit, at least in what I've seen of him.

Moby

Dick
It's weird, judging from his BB performance, I'd have said he was an excellent actor, but it's true that he seems to have been phoning it in a bit, at least in what I've seen of him.
Think it might be intentional and they don't want to give it away too much. Only at the end of last episode did he say something interesting when he hinted at him not being 'like other people' and also Liam saying he's the worst of 'them', I am guessing he means humans. He surely has some fecked up backstory and I am really hoping these morons don't waste a whole fecking episode to show that, like they did last season with that freakshow native Indian guy.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
After a rewatch, there’s definitely something going on with Caleb. Moreso than I suspected at first; not sure how I missed it. When the last two hitmen showed up, they were aiming at him instead of Dolores. Knowing Westworld, he’s probably the mutant offspring of Cerac’s brother and a robot or something.

But this episode will be about where they’re flying to and Maeve, I’m guessing.

RedDevilRoshi

It's like a soap opera. You hate yourself for watching it but still keep doing it.
Totally agree.

How many episodes left in this season and is it confirmed that there will be a S4 or is it far too early to tell?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Totally agree.

How many episodes left in this season and is it confirmed that there will be a S4 or is it far too early to tell?
3 episodes including tonight, not yet renewed for season 4 I don't think but expect it will be, writers said they had 5 seasons worth of stuff.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Maeve is bullshit, likes she's being controlled by a Chinese hacker ffs. "I can see you there so I can change you here". Her endgame story is stupid, she's just a shit character now. It's some writers love child and they cant let her go.

Dolores should just kill her ASAP ffs.

Good episode otherwise though, MiB/MiW is awesome!

Next week's ep looks Caleb heavy and I don't care about him either. Don't even rate him as a great actor, just has a weird following cos of breaking bad.

Only 2 eps of the season left :(

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Well, I was half right I guess. Maeve was the star, but a lot of focus was on Charlotte and the MIB.

Next episode will be back to Dolores and Caleb then, with something crazy regarding Caleb happening surely though I’ve no idea what it will be.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Maeve is bullshit, likes she's being controlled by a Chinese hacker ffs. "I can see you there so I can change you here". Her endgame story is stupid, she's just a shit character now. It's some writers love child and they cant let her go.

Dolores should just kill her ASAP ffs.

Good episode otherwise though, MiB/MiW is awesome!

Next week's ep looks Caleb heavy and I don't care about him either. Don't even rate him as a great actor, just has a weird following cos of breaking bad.

Only 2 eps of the season left :(
Yeah, it’s odd because I like Maeve as an actress as much as anyone in this show, but not her character in the show. It’s almost like they’re ham-handedly (don’t know if that’s actually a word...apologies) setting her up to be the hero.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah, it’s odd because I like Maeve as an actress as much as anyone in this show, but not her character in the show. It’s almost like they’re ham-handedly (don’t know if that’s actually a word...apologies) setting her up to be the hero.
Hopefully there's a twist and she isn't the "hero". Would be ridiculous. Cant understand her "hero" status and siding with Serac. It's proper backwards

AaronRedDevil

This season has been great, very consistent. Loved the Man in black scene. Too many badasses in one room of one guy :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What an episode! Halores is a fecking badass bitch :lol:

So what's she gonna do?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Great episode again. I think Maeve's role is far from fully revealed. I'm hoping this comes together in the last 2 episodes of S3.

That said we won't get all the answers as I think the original roadmap was for 5 series.

The Firestarter

Are the hosts that tough by design or Dolores made some modifications? Getting shot by automatic weapons, car explosion and fire, seems to be terminator level of endurance.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Loved what they did with William.
It seems easy to guess where they will take Maeve's character, but I still can't help but think it would've been better to kill or phase her out after s1. Just as in s2 it feels like her character gets 30 minutes of screen time without adding much to the story.