Television Westworld | SPOILERS

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Haven't been posting in here cos I'm waiting to binge the entire 3rd season. What do we think so far? Yay or nay? I actually enjoyed season 2 unlike some others.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Haven't been posting in here cos I'm waiting to binge the entire 3rd season. What do we think so far? Yay or nay? I actually enjoyed season 2 unlike some others.
Yay. As I said earlier it’s a bit like a Terminator offshoot directed by Michael Mann on an acid trip, but that’s not entirely a bad thing.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not as excited for tonight's episode as usual, dislike the Caleb character and think it's going to be Caleb heavy.

Episode might change my mind about him.

Sorta want it to be next Sunday already for the final episode, as I expect that to be glorious!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So I guess I’m rooting for the Man in Black now, because either Cerac or his brother is manipulating everyone else?

I can’t tell if I love or hate this season.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So I guess I’m rooting for the Man in Black now, because either Cerac or his brother is manipulating everyone else?

I can’t tell if I love or hate this season.
Ive been enjoying this series

but I must admit Im starting to think if its true season 4 is going to be the last one and it sticks to the 8 episodes as the previous ones then resolving

Man In Black Vs Serac Vs Caleb Vs Maeve Vs Deloris vs Charlotte (Delores) vs Bernard all fighting for their vision of the future of humanity / hosts with potentially Rehoboam turning out to be some evil self aware AI and the ultimate big bad (or the ultimate savior of humanity or both knowing westworld) ... it just seems a lot to resolve and given that (for me at least) westworld is at its best when it layers up stories and takes its time I have a horrible feeling the last season is going to feel rushed ... perhaps Im just wary after seeing GOT do such a bad job of winding up multiple character arcs in a rush

Perhaps its best that half of that lot get killed off forever in some huge massacre next episode?

Moby

Dick
Next episode is the finale. This season really needed to be 10, not 8.
And the last season needed to be an 8.

But think they have got it right and learnt from it. Instead of having a couple of filler/nothing episodes, they decided to have 8 fast paced ones with little unnecessary boring stuff. It worked well, this season has been quality and think they will set it up quite well for the next one as well. Already have, with Caleb getting Solomon's/Jean Mi's strategy.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I think I'm enjoying this season, it certainly looks good. Still a little confusing at times, mostly regarding characters motives but I guess more will be revealed in the final episode. It wouldn't be west world if you wasn't a little confused at times. I'm just glad they dropped the jumping back and forward in time bullshit from previous seasons.

macheda14

I don’t think I’ve really enjoyed an episode so far. I’ve enjoyed certain story beats and twists and love the world they’ve created, but the episodes move at a weird pace and are just full of exposition after exposition.

Also if we could just do away with the plot device of slowly cutting to a flashback throughout an episode/film as a memory dawns on the character, that would be great. I understand why it’s done, but it always make more for an irritating viewing experience rather than building intrigue. Especially when it became pretty obvious he killed his friend. So you spend the majority of the episode just waiting for what you’ve worked out to be confirmed only for it to jump away again.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think I'm enjoying this season, it certainly looks good. Still a little confusing at times, mostly regarding characters motives but I guess more will be revealed in the final episode. It wouldn't be west world if you wasn't a little confused at times. I'm just glad they dropped the jumping back and forward in time bullshit from previous seasons.
Have they though?
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/westworld-season-3-finale-spoilers

think they must have recently updated

https://inciteinc.com/

as well as https://www.delosdestinations.com/#home (If you saw good bye to aden you get what I think is a new answer)

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Never liked that actress. The one playing Hale. Seems like a shit person.
They've gave her a crap storyline tbh, make her proper dislikeable, redeem her a bit here, make her terrible again.

She's gonna be the "bad guy" for next season for sure.

Weird they've took this direction though, was never about goodies Vs baddies in the first 2 seasons really, there weren't proper sides to take, they're making it choose a or b now which sucks.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Thanks for that, didn’t know there was one. Just watched it now. Brilliant . Also, how long was Bernard their for? Looks like a hundred years with all the dust.
Not a clue, guessing it's either a long time, or misdirection and the "dust" on him is actually debris from explosions and stuff.

Haven't double checked but is it even definitely the same room , clothes etc? Could be a different timeline with the same type of setting. So he might have just went to sleep for an hour, and they're showing us a completely different version / timeline in the after credits.

AaronRedDevil

Not a clue, guessing it's either a long time, or misdirection and the "dust" on him is actually debris from explosions and stuff.

Haven't double checked but is it even definitely the same room , clothes etc? Could be a different timeline with the same type of setting. So he might have just went to sleep for an hour, and they're showing us a completely different version / timeline in the after credits.
Yeah maybe it is debris. Definitely the same room and stuff. Wonder if the other guy in the tub is alive, probably dead. Looking forward to next season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I thought the reveal with Caleb’s backstory would be different, as Caleb was one of the spies Moses sent to scout the promised land (Rehoboam being the son of Solomon son of David being the other Old Testament references). I’m not sure what I was expecting, just something crazier I guess.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It just felt like a load of stuff happening because...

I didn't really understand why Maeve and Dolores were 'deactivated' in the preceeding episode or why we needed a re-run of their fight in this one. Likewise with the Man in Black epilogue.

Jesse seemed to realise that his choice was to end the world or not and then decided he'd end it anyway.

The greatest supercomputer to ever exist seems to have very flimsy security protocols.

All Dolores really wanted was to stand in a field and stare into the distance.

Bernard got a sneak preview of the new Oculus Rift and spent far too long in there.

saivet

Not really sure what to make of the season to be honest, but I preferred it to season 2 as it was more clear what was going on. I just didn't feel any sense of excitement to watch any of the episodes.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I just can't fully take seriously the idea of why two ultra smart artificially intelligent telepathic telekinetic super robots with the ability to decide whether to feel physical pain or not keep having these martial arts fights with each other.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I just can't fully take seriously the idea of why two ultra smart artificially intelligent telepathic telekinetic super robots with the ability to decide whether to feel physical pain or not keep having these martial arts fights with each other.
Because someone thinks it looks cool.

The cgi on T-800 Dolores was exceptional this episode btw.

Roosney

Not really sure what to make of the season to be honest, but I preferred it to season 2 as it was more clear what was going on. I just didn't feel any sense of excitement to watch any of the episodes.
My thoughts exactly. Indifferent characters and plot. If I had a brain activity scanner attached to my head when watching the third season it would probably fallen asleep.

Sanche7

Beautifully shot but meh plot with average to poor writing. Didn't really feel like rooting for anyone, but maybe that's the whole point of the show, that no one is good or something.

Sad to see that almost all the new shows that showed great promise in their initial seasons have lost their way. Westworld, Rick and Morty, Killing Eve have all dropped off in quality

Dante

Average bang
Those scenes in the final episode where we get to see Evan Rachel Wood's feet :drool:

I don't mean that in a weird way, before anyone says anything. I only mean it in a sexual way.

Last edited:

Robertd0803

Finally got around to season 3 and really enjoyed it. Much more than season 2.

Episode 7 was brilliant. Cant remember what episode number it was but the scene when Caleb is tripping and Ground Control to Major Tom is playing is the best scene since the MiBs reveal and Hectors Paint it Black scene in S1 Ep 1. Awesome stuff.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just started watching this. Up to the last episode of Season One.

It's not bad so far but the main title theme represents exactly what the show is like. It starts off well, but the main melody feels incomplete, and by the end it moves towards an unsatisfying resolution that you keep shaking your head at. It just subverts for the sake of it without really making much sense.

I'm constantly seeing the story forced to do this for the benefit of the characters, rather than the it feeling natural or calculated, which is funny for a show revolving around consciousness. Then I realised it was written by the robotic Nolan brother who does paint by numbers psychology. Maeve's story in particular just feels forced. She manages to manipulate a couple of the clean up crew over and over? Really?! Just so she can have this revelatory arc change? I suppose that head of security is more interested in who is shagging who and less worried about the fecking security inside his own fecking labs.

Hope it gets better because the world they've created and the quality of acting deserves it. Also hope that Dolores' dad comes back. His acting was phenomenal in the first episode and I still keep thinking about how good he was.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Just started watching this. Up to the last episode of Season One.

It's not bad so far but the main title theme represents exactly what the show is like. It starts off well, but the main melody feels incomplete, and by the end it moves towards an unsatisfying resolution that you keep shaking your head at. It just subverts for the sake of it without really making much sense.

I'm constantly seeing the story forced to do this for the benefit of the characters, rather than the it feeling natural or calculated, which is funny for a show revolving around consciousness. Then I realised it was written by the robotic Nolan brother who does paint by numbers psychology. Maeve's story in particular just feels forced. She manages to manipulate a couple of the clean up crew over and over? Really?! Just so she can have this revelatory arc change? I suppose that head of security is more interested in who is shagging who and less worried about the fecking security inside his own fecking labs.

Hope it gets better because the world they've created and the quality of acting deserves it. Also hope that Dolores' dad comes back. His acting was phenomenal in the first episode and I still keep thinking about how good he was.
Yeah it's basically in line with most of the stuff Nolan's have done. Interesting premise and promising arcs that usually don't really end particularly well. I quite enjoyed the first season mainly for the aesthetic quality and some of the actors doing well with some good dialogue now and then but overall it surely feels something with a premise like this could have gone a further few levels.

Anyway most people thought season 2 was a let down after season 1 so if you are already not up for this I'd suggest building up a bit of patience to get through some of the stuff coming up. :lol: I personally still found it worth a watch, just have to skip through 2-3 absolute filler episodes, which was one of the reasons I thought a shorter season 3 was a good idea. These guys don't really have enough content to keep people engaged over a long season.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah it's basically in line with most of the stuff Nolan's have done. Interesting premise and promising arcs that usually don't really end particularly well. I quite enjoyed the first season mainly for the aesthetic quality and some of the actors doing well with some good dialogue now and then but overall it surely feels something with a premise like this could have gone a further few levels.

Anyway most people thought season 2 was a let down after season 1 so if you are already not up for this I'd suggest building up a bit of patience to get through some of the stuff coming up. :lol: I personally still found it worth a watch, just have to skip through 2-3 absolute filler episodes, which was one of the reasons I thought a shorter season 3 was a good idea. These guys don't really have enough content to keep people engaged over a long season.
Uh oh I'm doomed then :lol: I liked the first couple of episodes and then started to call the "twists"

the twists with Bernard being a host, the church and town being buried because of some incident 30 years ago they mentioned in the pilot, Hopkins being every single mental character he always is are all telegraphed right from the start it's annoying

The Man in Black thing though is bloody brilliant! Just watched it.