Television Westworld | SPOILERS

Sylar

Thought that trailer was fantastic.
The GnR piano was excellent. Some songs just sound excellent (and menacing) on piano ha

RedDevilRoshi

S1 was very good but season S2 was very underwhelming. Hopefully S3 is good but will see what happens.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Loved both seasons. Getting a Blade Runnerish feel from that trailer.

Lotta familiar faces. Been so long I’ve forgotten where season 2 has left off and everyone’s stories.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Damn, another one of my shows is coming back next month? :drool:

Aaaw yis!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Season one was brilliant but I gave up after not many episodes of season two as it had disappeared up its own ass.

Aaron Paul joining the cast is intriguing me though.

lewwoo

They have carried on with the theme of making it overly complicated and difficult to follow. Pulp scene was good though.

The Firestarter

Did everyone stay to watch the full credits for that glimpse of the Hitlerworld park? Or the valley beyond.

Amarsdd

don't we want Westworld to be convoluted and at least slightly difficult to follow? any series or movies involving mysteries will have some amount of that. Season 1 was brilliant at it whereas Season 2 not so much, but still good. I don't see the fun in watching it if it was all straight forward.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I stopped after 3 episodes of season 2 it was too much. Is it worth picking this up from season 3 again?

Sylar

don't we want Westworld to be convoluted and at least slightly difficult to follow? any series or movies involving mysteries will have some amount of that. Season 1 was brilliant at it whereas Season 2 not so much, but still good. I don't see the fun in watching it if it was all straight forward.
I think a 'mystery' show where you can try to predict storylines etc is needed.
Had it with Lost, and I would even say had it with GoT and thats what made both shows awesome. I think its also important its executed well.
But overall I agree with the 'slightly difficult' to follow on first watch, but once you know more stuff, and watch it again, it makes more sense and you go 'ahhh'

AaronRedDevil

Great episode. Good start to season 3. Looking forward to see how this plays out and how the hell its all going to end.

RedDevilRoshi

Enjoyed that opening episode. Not as confusing as I anticipated but I’m sure that’s going to change.

Roosney

What was on season 2? The annoying scriptwriter guy, timeline jumping, new worlds, humans getting slaughtered, nobody and everybody is a bot... Did I miss something important?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I probably should’ve refreshed my memory with the S2 finale or a YouTube comp, but I’m encouraged so far.

I’ve not see a better looking TV episode than that.
Fantastic. The night scenes in the city reminded me of watching Mann’s Collateral for the first time. Maybe just the color palette, I don’t know...

Roosney

Not sure how to feel about the first episode. The plot is there but I hope they are able to keep the focus on the stuff that matter.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
@MaxiPaxi
I mean I would agree that season one was amazing and season two couldn't keep up, that some plots of s2 were kind of pointless (the different worlds in particular) and that it was too all over the place in general. But I think the guy is trying way too hard to sell a rant. Like do people actually count the number of powerful male and female characters? Does it really trigger people so much that Maeve and Dolores don't have male counterparts at the moment? Even when Dr. Ford, Bernard and I guess the guy who built that super AI of s3 are basically the gods of this universe? I don't know the other videos of that person, does it bother him as much when the shoe is on the other foot, as I'm sure there are countless male dominated shows and movies?
And while I can understand a lot of his points about s1 and s2, I think his review of the s3 opener is fairly weak:

-Dolores doesn't visit the first guy just to enact revenge, but to gather intel. The way he died was also a bit interesting, as it leaves the question of what would have happened had he not gone after her (illusion).
-Stuff like the board meeting being cut short or the host characters not changing to different actors are like perfectly normal suspension of disbelief stuff. Had they spent 5 minutes on the board meeting and shown Bernard with some cringy disguise he'd be ranting about that just the same.
-Complaining that the meaning of the apparent main objective of the season has not been revealed in the first episode
-Complaining about the crime app, like there is some definite truth to what level of security that could have in a fictional future
-Whining about the plot to dispose of Dolores, when the fixer character straight up tells the viewer that he was trying to set up a trap for her handlers

I think the episode was solid entertainment. I liked the mood of the outside world, I thought the plot wasn't particularly deep, but still interesting enough for a season opener

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@MaxiPaxi
I mean I would agree that season one was amazing and season two couldn't keep up, that some plots of s2 were kind of pointless (the different worlds in particular) and that it was too all over the place in general. But I think the guy is trying way too hard to sell a rant. Like do people actually count the number of powerful male and female characters? Does it really trigger people so much that Maeve and Dolores don't have male counterparts at the moment? Even when Dr. Ford, Bernard and I guess the guy who built that super AI of s3 are basically the gods of this universe? I don't know the other videos of that person, does it bother him as much when the shoe is on the other foot, as I'm sure there are countless male dominated shows and movies?
And while I can understand a lot of his points about s1 and s2, I think his review of the s3 opener is fairly weak:

-Dolores doesn't visit the first guy just to enact revenge, but to gather intel. The way he died was also a bit interesting, as it leaves the question of what would have happened had he not gone after her (illusion).
-Stuff like the board meeting being cut short or the host characters not changing to different actors are like perfectly normal suspension of disbelief stuff. Had they spent 5 minutes on the board meeting and shown Bernard with some cringy disguise he'd be ranting about that just the same.
-Complaining that the meaning of the apparent main objective of the season has not been revealed in the first episode
-Complaining about the crime app, like there is some definite truth to what level of security that could have in a fictional future
-Whining about the plot to dispose of Dolores, when the fixer character straight up tells the viewer that he was trying to set up a trap for her handlers

I think the episode was solid entertainment. I liked the mood of the outside world, I thought the plot wasn't particularly deep, but still interesting enough for a season opener
Well that's his niche for his channel on YouTube. He either rants or praises the show and he does both OTT. But I agree with the most of stuff he says there. It's such a let down from the first season now the show seems absolutely pointless to me. I have no interest in any characters as they're just bland as feck, no complexity to them anymore. Paradoxically, they're more like androids now than they were at the start.

Second season was convoluted mess with the time jumps etc and lots of random shit that just didn't need to be in the show. I think he's right that they finished the series off after season 1 because after that there is just nowhere to go. After season 1 finished I was absolutely devastated that I had to wait another year to see this but after season 2 finished I was completely done with the show. I've almost completely forgotten about it to be honest and that tells you all you need to know really. But I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

I don't personally pay that much attention to what gender and how their gender is portrayed but when he points it out it does seem like it's all woman that have strong roles in this show but men are just these daft, evil, sadistic jerks who rape and indulge in cruel behaviour whilst in the park. But that really isn't why I dislike this show, I'm just bored of it and not engaged in it. I'll not be coming back to it. Again, amazing first season though.

Amarsdd

Well that's his niche for his channel on YouTube. He either rants or praises the show and he does both OTT. But I agree with the most of stuff he says there. It's such a let down from the first season now the show seems absolutely pointless to me. I have no interest in any characters as they're just bland as feck, no complexity to them anymore. Paradoxically, they're more like androids now than they were at the start.

Second season was convoluted mess with the time jumps etc and lots of random shit that just didn't need to be in the show. I think he's right that they finished the series off after season 1 because after that there is just nowhere to go. After season 1 finished I was absolutely devastated that I had to wait another year to see this but after season 2 finished I was completely done with the show. I've almost completely forgotten about it to be honest and that tells you all you need to know really. But I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

I don't personally pay that much attention to what gender and how their gender is portrayed but when he points it out it does seem like it's all woman that have strong roles in this show but men are just these daft, evil, sadistic jerks who rape and indulge in cruel behaviour whilst in the park. But that really isn't why I dislike this show, I'm just bored of it and not engaged in it. I'll not be coming back to it. Again, amazing first season though.
I know liking these sort of series is subjective, but even from that pov that rant "review" you posted is just nonsense. That review seems like from a person who watched the show in the background while playing on his phone and then later read and got angry at a couple of reviews mentioning strong women in that season 2.
Either way, season 2 was not as good as season 1. Season 1 was a 10/10 for me even at first viewing and season 2 about 7/10. But in the second viewing recently, I loved the second season as well (s2e8 Kiksuya is probably the best episode of the whole series). Now its around a solid 8-8.5/10 for me.

Last edited:

Sylar

Westworld/HBO needed to have Drogon dracarys those two fools, who couldnt wait to get away from that show, but then do a cameo based on that show. Ugh.

GazTheLegend

What was on season 2? The annoying scriptwriter guy, timeline jumping, new worlds, humans getting slaughtered, nobody and everybody is a bot... Did I miss something important?
No season 2 was utter shite

Trying to be clever but it really wasn't

The Firestarter

I feel like after season 2 reception they are trying to dumb it down. With all the explanations between the characters. They mystery seems to be gone.