"We've caught up 8-9 points before"

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was arguing with many posters when he took over who seemed to think we should play out the rest of the season with Greenwood and Gomes as there’s nothing left. Only took 6 or 7 weeks!

Just been labelled the ‘Master if Hindsight’, I’ll claim ‘Master of Foresight’ too thanks! :D

tieunhilang

Why the feck not?

I want a Chelsea City draw tomorrow. :devil:
A Chelsea-City draw together with a Liverpool loss would suddenly make our Premier League Title charge seems more feasible! And don't forget Liverpool have to come to Old Trafford next also! :devil:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A Chelsea-City draw together with a Liverpool loss would suddenly make our Premier League Title charge seems more feasible! And don't forget Liverpool have to come to Old Trafford next also! :devil:
If the aim of this post was to get people excited, congratulations, you have achieved that.

drmuji

Now this is plain greedy. I'd be happy if we end up 4th. And I'd be happy if Chelsea lose to city as their top 4 charge will be rented and morale will go further down. I am sorry I am being a pessimist but I'd like to keep things real, makes me feel less heart broken

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Some of this talk is crazy. Let’s keep feet on the ground. Finishing top four is the aim, and will be a massive achievement given the state of affairs when Ole took over. The next month of fixtures is brutal, we could easily find ourselves 6th again.

Deleted member 101472

On paper if we play to form there is a good chance we could win 7 out of 8 (plus hoping for a good one against Spurs) mate and score a shed load of goals (20+) in the process. Just take each game at a time enjoy the ride and see how it goes
Well played

MDFC Manager

Make more sense, though I expected Spurs to be shit with all the injuries but they seem to still somewhat be in the title xhallenge
Yes I think they've been fairly lucky recently. fecking Vardy missed a crucial penalty today, which could have made it a really different result today, for example.

JeVousEnPrie

Maybe we could be sixth, but I'd rather be dreaming upwards than looking behind us.

Betson

Given where we started from when Ole took over 4th place would be a great achievement , playing in the CL should be very important for a club like ours and also important when it comes to attracting the top players.

But it is not done yet , up to now(last few weeks) it looked very unlikely but now we go from a position with nothing to lose to a position where we have something to lose , more pressure now. Need to maintain this until the end of the season or we could easily drop out of the top 4 again. Sooner or later we are going to beaten under Ole , how we come back from that will tell a lot.

macheda14

Feck that, I'd rather Spurs win it than skip CL qualifiers.
No qualifiers anymore for the team in 4th place - "From the 2018-19 season, the top four clubs in Europe's four highest ranked leagues will qualify directly to the group stages"

sveisa

Have faith Ole is at the wheel, must be favorites for top 4 now.
According to 538's statistical forecast we are not favorites for top 4. We still have to play Liverpool and City.

luke511

Anyone got a clip of him saying this quote? Can't seem to find it

Steven7290

I see I have found a fellow dreamer. And a fellow countryman as well if I'm not mistaken.:D

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brilliant.

However, we've still got to play Arsenal, City, pool and Chelsea to keep this 4th spot. If he does truly achieve 4th spot by the end of the season it would be a miracle.

InfiniteBoredom

Brilliant.

However, we've still got to play Arsenal, City, pool and Chelsea to keep this 4th spot. If he does truly achieve 4th spot by the end of the season it would be a miracle.
Arsenal and Pool are the two must win games out of that lot. Chelsea ain’t picking themselves up anytime soon and we have to help the Berties over the Scousers.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking of the league :)
I have to say I've thought of that for a few weeks now, but we would need a spectacular collapse from THREE teams. Not going to happen, even if we did our job perfectly we would only get 87 points and I expect one if not both of Liverpool and City to hit 90+.

RG 11

Yeah we're too far away for a league challenge especially considering we still have major gaps in our squad compared to city and pool.

My ideal case now is beating both city and pool and Spurs winning the title. Although it's extremely unlikely considering its...Spurs.

Zlatattack

I want us to try and get maximum points. It probably won't happen - but it's the mentality that wins titles and it's good practice for next season.

Mr Smith

When he said "we've caught up 8 or 9 points before" I thought that was class. But to actually do it...

I'm still restraining myself, but I'm inches away from saying we should give him the job.

VanGaalEra

Does anyone have a league table standings since Ole took over, how it would look if it was these 9 games played?

Sambob

I would be worried if we werent favourites for fourth at the moment. Near perfect form compared to an imminent implosion from Chelsea as they go through at least a few weeks of managerial woes before eventually binning him, even if there is an upturn in form and he stays around I think you would have to factor the problems into any kind of odds you are going to put together.

I could see Arsenal overtaking Chelsea at this rate, quite worrying whats going on at the club at the moment.

Mike Smalling

Man, if we'd sacked Jose after the Newcastle game we'd have been in the title race.
Didn't we actually win that game - perhaps would have been a little unfair :D probably should have sacked him after going out of the Carabao Cup to Derby and then losing 1-3 to West Ham four days later.

crossy1686

career ending
If we take points off the teams above us and they draw/lose 4 in the run in, we're back in with a shout. A massive if, but stranger things have happened. I'd love to go in to the last day of the seasons with a shot of finishing higher up the table than 4th.