We've had two different managers but same faults. (LVG and Mourinho)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I’ve supported Manchester United for over 30 years and have spent thousands following them all over the world, so please don’t tell me who to support.

In my opinion Mourinho is completely the wrong person for the job. My loyalty lies with the club not with a manager that will throw Manchester United under the bus as soon as he doesn’t get his own way.
Who would you go for? I'm not necessarily Mou's biggest fan but I struggle to see a clear candidate.

crossy1686

career ending
I’ve supported Manchester United for over 30 years and have spent thousands following them all over the world, so please don’t tell me who to support.

In my opinion Mourinho is completely the wrong person for the job. My loyalty lies with the club not with a manager that will throw Manchester United under the bus as soon as he doesn’t get his own way.
See this a lot at the moment but there’s very little thinking past “I want Jose gone”. If we were to sack Jose after the FA cup final, who would we replace him with and how would the next couple of seasons unfold with our new manager? What if the new manager doesn’t get top 4 next season because he doesn’t recruit right in the summer? Or he can’t seem to get a tune out of the squad also? Do we sack him during the season or at the end? Then what?

If you don’t have answers to these questions then you’re thinking emotionally due to a handful of performances or periods this season where we’ve been poor. If you think about things rationally, we’ve improved over the last 4 seasons with a squad largely in transition. We’ve had some very United performances this season and some very un-United performances this season.

This forum said unanimously in the summer that 2nd place and an FA cup would be a good season for us but people aren’t interested in that anymore because City won the league and Liverpool are on their way to a Champioks league final...

And my last point, if anyone thinks Jose and LVG are the same kind of manager, you’ve got absolute rocks in your head and deserve all you get.

juggernaut1986

Who is the right person for the job then? Mourinho has steadily improved us. He has fulfilled the expectation we had at the start of the season in terms of league position and hopefully a cup. This is the first time we are comfortably in the top 4 after Fergie retired. Everyone's favorite Pep wouldn't have done any better with the squad LVG left us.

12Aniram

Who is the right person for the job then? Mourinho has steadily improved us. He has fulfilled the expectation we had at the start of the season in terms of league position and hopefully a cup. This is the first time we are comfortably in the top 4 after Fergie retired. Everyone's favorite Pep wouldn't have done any better with the squad LVG left us.
I agree, unless his style is to always have a safety first attitude that stifles his flair players then surely the improving quality of players will allow a more fluid style that can continue to improve and provide us with more possession which is surely the way we are familiar with.
Doing things with the ball is dynamic and constructive and the lifeblood of our heritage.