What’s the dilemma with Donny’s playing time & Ole?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Obviously he and his agent were expecting more gametime based on their conversations with Ole. If he doesn't get it then he's right to be irked and demand a move in January. He's been as professional as you could reasonably expect him to be really.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Donny is not Fred's replacement is Bruno's . Unless Ole is willing to drop him for Bruno he will continue warming the bench. Champions league is when this can happen with the 5 subs rule but we know Ole is quite prudent with his substitutions.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
I understand him 100%. Every time he plays he is performing so much better than the those frauds we normally use. Solskjaer is a twat.

the chameleon

Hardly his fault. It's a disgrace how Ole is treating him. Why sign him if you don't want him. Sancho is another one, Ole spent over a year chasing him and when he finally gets him, he doesn't know how to use him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
we should have just played him in the middle instead of PP but it was a massive call to be fair. Hopefully the penny will drop with Ole any day now about Pogba in any two. Anyone who'll constantly cover ground, track and tackle and lay the ball off quick would be more use to us in there most of the time. Simple 1/2s are better than always looking for the killer ball or slowing it down/losing the ball constantly. Feel bad for this lad as he has no notion of getting a game on Saturday either.

HailtotheKing

Cant blame him, i'd be pissed off watching that midfield showing tonight, and then to bring Matic on is salt in the wounds.
Matic was needed. Someone also said Ole had Donny warming up 15 mins before then Fred and Lingard came on without even a warm up. It’s just sick at this point. He played great with Matic against West Ham and his reward is not a single minute afterward. What exactly has he done to Ole to deserve this?

James Peril

Obviously he and his agent were expecting more gametime based on their conversations with Ole. If he doesn't get it then he's right to be irked and demand a move in January. He's been as professional as you could reasonably expect him to be really.
Throwing gum at the coach and having fits? Hardly, seems a bit childish. I remember when we got him and there were messages and take good care of him-notes, like he was some kid traveling alone on a plane for the first time. That’s when I knew this was never going to pan out, a bit weird all that. I have nothing against van de Beek, but I also have no sympathy for footballers, their mental strength is very important to succeed and it seems he doesn’t have it, or «it».

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Oh ok that’s completely normal behaviour and explains everything
It's not that hard to understand im jokingly talking to myself in the past when I for some reason wrote it like that but can't remember the rationale, my OCD now doesn't like it.

El Zoido

He’s not good enough to start and he’s not a game-changer. It’s really as simple as that.

HailtotheKing

That's pretty sad to be honest. Went to the wrong club, I don't know if he's good enough but his attributes are not rated by our manager so we're never going to find out really. Should just let him leave in the winter if he's not in the plans.
Should have let him go in the summer. Ole does not seem to know how to work with intelligent players or players that pass and move instead of just running. I fear for Sancho a little bit tbh because he’s similar. He won’t be frozen out cause he’s a 75m player. But I don’t expect Ole to get the best out of him.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Not true really.

Saying that he should play more.
I`ve never seen him play as bad as Mctominay did today, and Freds average performance this year has been worse as well. Im not saying VDB has been awesome, but at worse his been average. A couple games he has been MOTM as well.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
The dilemma is that Donny's best position is where Bruno plays. Given that Bruno has been fantastic, barely missed a match so far and doesn't like to get subbed off, it's really hard to get minutes. Then there's the fact that Pogba could also play in Bruno's position, and both of them are simply a bit more talented than Donny. Another problem is that VdB is only suited to play deeper in midfield against very inferior opposition, we simply don't face mid table Eredivisie level teams quite often.

The transfer made sense at the time, a young hungry Bruno back-up + Pogba replacement for a reasonable price. People seem to be forgetting that Pogba literally said himself that he wanted to leave Utd in a press conference with the French NT last summer, somehow it never happened and he's still here though...