What’s your best case outcome from these protests?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The ability of some on here to miss a point is comparable to Werner's sharpness in front of goal.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sponsors start taking notice of what is going on and arranging meetings with the leeches. Only way they will take notice is when their income becomes risky.

I think club sponsors will be more concerned about yesterday than Glazers but that isn't a bad thing.

Skills

Snitch
There are hundreds of clubs outside the Premier League. City were down there a decade ago and are odds on to be in a Champions League final at the end of the month. Football doesn't die just because you're watching in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

Our club is more important than this seasons 2nd place and even a couple of seasons outside the top flight. I'd take it without hesitation if it meant getting rid of the Glazers and I would enjoy the journey back up to the top.
Pretty sure there's already a club there for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._United_of_Manchester

Fan owned and working its way up from the bottom of English football.

diarm

Pretty sure there's already a club there for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._United_of_Manchester

Fan owned and working its way up from the bottom of English football.
You are right and last week when the ESL looked a reality, I was prepared to go. I decided a few years ago that if we were taken over by the Saudis I would go.

But United is still my club and has been for 35 years. FC United is a great idea but it doesn't mean to me what United has for all this time. While there is still hope that we can fix it, I will keep trying.

Maticmaker

Hoping we have not cut off our nose to spite our face!
That the trashing of the famous OT pitch by 'our fans' isn't forever circulated in news programme's whenever ownership of the club is mentioned.

The Glazers are going nowhere until forced to do so, either by regulation or loss of money, like all 'carpet-baggers' when the money runs out they run out too! Their mistake over the Super League was a massive opportunity the widen the fight, the protest outcomes yesterday may have closed that down for good.

We know fans will still purchase season tickets, match tickets, visit the mega store and people will still want to buy anything with the United name and coat of arms on, perversely the Glazers might even gain more sponsors!!

If someone or some group is going to pay £4B for the club, what will they want in return?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The state of this thread. Last week we had people arguing with a straight face that United getting two away draws to end the season would be better than a win and a loss. This week we should all welcome United experiencing a black swan event, culminating in doing a Bolton or Sunderland, just to make the club more affordable to purchase from the Glazers.

ManchesterYoda

Hoping we have not cut off our nose to spite our face!
That the trashing of the famous OT pitch by 'our fans' isn't forever circulated in news programme's whenever ownership of the club is mentioned.

The Glazers are going nowhere until forced to do so, either by regulation or loss of money, like all 'carpet-baggers' when the money runs out they run out too! Their mistake over the Super League was a massive opportunity the widen the fight, the protest outcomes yesterday may have closed that down for good.

We know fans will still purchase season tickets, match tickets, visit the mega store and people will still want to buy anything with the United name and coat of arms on, perversely the Glazers might even gain more sponsors!!

If someone or some group is going to pay £4B for the club, what will they want in return?
If fans buy the club they don't need anything in return beyond owning part of the club they support and having a vote

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So if the new owner doesn’t have 3bn quid, where it is coming from? Personal debt?
How else other than another leveraged buyout do you buy something that pricey?

Any potential owner will have to stump up collateral, it's a given for acquisitions of this size and nature.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to support a football club properly, but I'm against the club being relegated. That's just me though.

AkaAkuma

The current valuation is unrealistic and based on potential growth; tv money, break away leagues etc.

The best we can hope for is legislation which stops this type of speculative ownership and reduces our value so we have more options for a sale.

manc exile

Supports
City
without getting into the debate. Surely THE BEST outcome would be to an ethical buyer. I understand that some might see the Saudi’s as an alternative (and we won’t go into the rights and wrongs of that) - but you would have to agree there would be far better owners then them in a best case scenario.

what ethical buyer could afford us?

the only way that happens is legislation forcing it and i cant see any stripe of politician doing that

or if the price is driven down which would require months/years of protests, boycots etc and the team doing badly on the pitch, how many fans are up for that?

diarm

Spurs are soon to be confirmed in 1 of the last 4 CL’s and looking likely to get worse, we on the other hand have never looked better placed for a title push since Fergie left.
What? Last season was the first season Spurs finished outside the top 4 since 2015. It's irrelevant anyway, my point was merely that you and I clearly want different things.

You are happy for us to remain also rans. 2nd place and a good run at the Europa League is success for you. Long live the Glazers.

I want United to be United again. I want us to be the club fans from other countries think of when they hear the Premier League mentioned. I want us to be challenging for Champions Leagues every year while playing in the best stadium in the land. I want players to dream of playing for Manchester United again.

And if it takes a year outside the top flight to get rid of them and get back there, I would welcome that. Because I have more faith in us getting back there that way, than I do of it ever happening under the Glazers.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Some people really do live in a fantasy world.

diarm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to support a football club properly, but I'm against the club being relegated. That's just me though.
Who wants the club to be relagated? Some of us are merely responding to a question about whether we'd accept that to get rid of the Glazers.

How else other than another leveraged buyout do you buy something that pricey?

Any potential owner will have to stump up collateral, it's a given for acquisitions of this size and nature.

Buys the most peoples problem with the current owners is the debt they leveraged onto the company/football club? That was at a time when the club was so much cheaper to buy. Imagine the amount of leveraged the debt on Manchester United if someone was buying it for £3 billion :eek:

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
What’s your best case outcome from these protests?

Docked 10 points

You are happy for us to remain also rans. 2nd place and a good run at the Europa League is success for you. Long live the Glazers.

I want United to be United again. I want us to be the club fans from other countries think of when they hear the Premier League mentioned. I want us to be challenging for Champions Leagues every year while playing in the best stadium in the land. I want players to dream of playing for Manchester United again.

And if it takes a year outside the top flight to get rid of them and get back there, I would welcome that. Because I have more faith in us getting back there that way, than I do of it ever happening under the Glazers.
One hell of a strawman there, no I’m not happy for us to be also runs, I think we are in a position now where we might actually have a title challenge in us next year, I’m hopeful for that anyway.

The only way we are getting back to the top after relegation like you’re talking about is the way city did, and that is with an investment of around £1 billion. How on earth is that an attractive proposition for any potential buyer or for any fans for that matter?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
What? Last season was the first season Spurs finished outside the top 4 since 2015. It's irrelevant anyway, my point was merely that you and I clearly want different things.

All this is fantastic. So we get relegated, lose all our big sponsorship deals, our best players and the Glazers then sell for 1bn to...someone. We then get promoted and with our much reduced revenue and worse players we go toe to toe with an oil state whilst also managing to invest huge amounts in our stadium. Sign me up.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So basically the best case for us is to collapse, almost go bankrupt, get relegated and then maybe find a new owner who won’t want any profits from the club and will bring us back to being an European superpower a few years later?

diarm

One hell of a strawman there, no I’m not happy for us to be also runs, I think we are in a position now where we might actually have a title challenge in us next year, I’m hopeful for that anyway.

The only way we are getting back to the top after relegation like you’re talking about is the way city did, and that is with an investment of around £1 billion. How on earth is that an attractive proposition for any potential buyer or for any fans for that matter?
They Glazers have taken more than a billion out of our club since taking over. We wouldn't need investment because we will always be able to generate money.

We are not Bolton or Sunderland. Remove the debt and owners who want to milk the club for profit, and the numbers in our fan base and strength of our brand will ensure we have money to compete.

Sarni

All this is fantastic. So we get relegated, lose all our big sponsorship deals, our best players and the Glazers then sell for 1bn to...someone. We then get promoted and with our much reduced revenue and worse players we go toe to toe with an oil state whilst also managing to invest huge amounts in our stadium. Sign me up.
Basically this. :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Buys the most peoples problem with the current owners is the debt they leveraged onto the company/football club? That was at a time when the club was so much cheaper to buy. Imagine the amount of leveraged the debt on Manchester United if someone was buying it for £3 billion :eek:
We won't have another leveraged buyout, hopefully there will be some form of government reform in order to assist with this.
But any new owner will have to buy a vast majority of shares or buy out the Glazers outright via external collateral, been done before and will be done again.
Which is one reason why I believe a consortium is the best option for us, this spreads the collateral and offers us a greater say in the outcome of the future of the club.

Maticmaker

If fans buy the club they don't need anything in return beyond owning part of the club they support and having a vote
Are you being serious or what?

What fans are you talking about, or are you suggesting a 'crowd funding page' approach?

Sarni

They Glazers have taken more than a billion out of our club since taking over. We wouldn't need investment because we will always be able to generate money.

We are not Bolton or Sunderland. Remove the debt and owners who want to milk the club for profit, and the numbers in our fan base and strength of our brand will ensure we have money to compete.
No, we won’t generate the same kind of money if we become cannon fodder and the chances of finding an owner who will not want any profit from the club after Glazers are gone are slim to none. Unless you expect fans to buy out the club but I think you’d find that it’s impossible.

Skills

Snitch
:lol:

The club would be financially fecked worse than Barcelona if it was ever owned by our fans. No thanks

Oh for feck’s sake, that 1bn included a time in which we featured in 3 Champions League finals, won 1 Champions League title & a load of Premier League titles, and got some massive sponsorship deals. That you don’t get that when you are getting relegated into the championship or building up into a Premier League team again.

You’re living in a fantasy world where a Canon fodder Manchester United side is somehow as valuable and as profitable as the Manchester United side that was winning titles and now features in the Champions League most years et cetera.

We’d need a ridiculous amount of investment that the club itself couldn’t generate if we went down to the championship and tried to climb back up again, all the while trying to refurbish the stadium, trading grounds et cetera, it’s complete pie in the sky stuff.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
No, we won’t generate the same kind of money if we become cannon fodder and the chances of finding an owner who will not want any profit from the club after Glazers are gone are slim to none. Unless you expect fans to buy out the club but I think you’d find that it’s impossible.
It really is a strange thought process, I would imagine most of our money comes from sponsor deals, we will most likely lose most of the lucrative ones and you can be sure Adidas won't be forking out 750m for the kit deal.

Spoony

The People's President

We wouldn't have to get relegated.. would the Glazers wait till their investment completely bombed before parting ways? They're not stupid.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:lol:

The club would be financially fecked worse than Barcelona if it was ever owned by our fans. No thanks
After reading the some of these ideas you're not wrong at all. We would be truly fecked.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Who wants the club to be relagated? Some of us are merely responding to a question about whether we'd accept that to get rid of the Glazers.
Okay, I'll be more specific. I'm also against the club being relegated as part of a plan to get rid of the Glazers that makes no financial sense, carries an insane level of risk and would cripple the club.

But hey, you do you.

diarm

So basically the best case for us is to collapse, almost go bankrupt, get relegated and then maybe find a new owner who won’t want any profits from the club and will bring us back to being an European superpower a few years later?
That's obviously the best case scenario to those particular set of circumstances yes. This conversation didn't start by someone asking what the most realistic scenario was for it, merely if fans would accept it if it meant getting rid of the Glazers.

My own first contribution to this thread was about getting the owners to sign a set of commitments to improving their ownership of the club.

As is often the case on here though, the rush to be smug and condescending on the internet outweighs the need to read what's actually being said. Those who belittled suggestions of protests as naive and ineffective last week, need something new to belittle and scorn today after yesterday proved them wrong.

Sarni

It really is a strange thought process, I would imagine most of our money comes from sponsor deals, we will most likely lose most of the lucrative ones and you can be sure Adidas won't be forking out 750m for the kit deal.
Yep, will take years to get us back where we are if we can even get there at all. We are already competing against clubs with unfair advantage of having super rich owners who don’t really care about bottom line. The only reason we can stay up there with them is that we are basically a marketing machine which we will stop being if we go through the years of being awful (assuming we don’t go from 2nd to 18th overnight, it has to be a process of becoming progressively worse over the years).

Gaussian

Okay, I'll be more specific. I'm also against the club being relegated as part of a plan to get rid of the Glazers that makes no financial sense, carries an insane level of risk and would cripple the club.

But hey, you do you.
Of course it makes no financial sense. If it made financial sense how would it get rid of the Glazers? Yeah mate let's just have good financially sound ideas that make United loads of money. That will get the Glazers to leave the club. Good one.

diarm

Oh for feck’s sake, that 1bn included a time in which we featured in 3 Champions League finals, won 1 Champions League title & a load of Premier League titles, and got some massive sponsorship deals. That you don’t get that when you are getting relegated into the championship or building up into a Premier League team again.

You’re living in a fantasy world where a Canon fodder Manchester United side is somehow as valuable and as profitable as the Manchester United side that was winning titles and now features in the Champions League most years et cetera.

We’d need a ridiculous amount of investment that the club itself couldn’t generate if we went down to the championship and tried to climb back up again, all the while trying to refurbish the stadium, trading grounds et cetera, it’s complete pie in the sky stuff.
3 Champions League finals and Premier League titles off the back of a squad largely built and developed before they took over, and orchestrated by the greatest football manager of all time.

I think the last decade is a far better reflection of their ownership than the first 5 years was.

I'm not saying the club would generate the same amount of money in the Championship as it does now. I'm saying it would generate enough to come back up, and in time would rebuild. The fact you even mention developing the stadium and facilities while shrilling for the Glazers is frankly hilarious.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We wouldn't have to get relegated.. would the Glazers wait till their investment completely bombed before parting ways? They're not stupid.
This particular conversation was about getting relegated. People who are willing to get them out at any cost regardless of consequence, who would take their place and how much it fecks the team over is genuinely cult like. The best case is yesterday and the threat of regulation brings them to the negotiating table - and hopefully the fan groups can be united in what they demand.