What’s your favorite kit?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
i think 85 wins it for me, though I quite liked the 87-88 kit as well. Not a fan of the modern ones. Liked the adidas stripes

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The vodafone jerseys

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Classic. Shame they followed it up with this:

Hated this one. The sleeves felt like tea towels. Never did like badges in the middle either. Rubbish watermarks down the sides, and the 'theatre of dreams' bit was always right on the belly button of the protruding beer belly of paunchy men.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
06/07 home no other shirt comes close, it was a beaut with the white and gold trim on just the right shade of red. The badge replaced the yellow for the gold, Nike’s best looking club shirt ever.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
2008 home, and the 2008 black away/3rd kit whichever it was. Both beauties.
This for me as well, loved everything about that season

Last edited by a moderator:

jem

2006-7 for me. The home and away jerseys were lovely. It’s weird: I think of the 2012-13 checkerboard as more an RVP jersey than a United one.

RedNed77

or

or

Annoyed me though when my mum put these in on too high a temp wash or tumble dried them and the badge/sponsors crinkled and started to come away from the shirt on the edges :mad:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

That kit deserved a far better season.
Aye.

06-07 deserves a mention for how much it grew on me between it being announced (shit, darker 'non-United' red and a stupid white shield around the badge) to how I felt once the boys smacked a few goals in in it (one of my favourites).

Chairman Steve

I really like the 06/07 white away kit with the gold and black trims. It looked very regal and classy. I ended up getting a long sleeve version with Saha 9 on the back when it originally came out.

Heardy

I've got a weird affinity towards this shirt for some reason, which is a bit strange given I was 2 or 3 at the time.

Also love this one as well
That red stripe (white on the home) was genius from a marketing perspective too! Forced people to buy player names and numbers as just looked weird without!

clarkydaz

92 -94 lace shirt. Loved the shade of red and the glisten to it in the sun, gorgeous. This is man united, not the black shorts/red socks travesty we have currently

Gopher Brown

Aye.

06-07 deserves a mention for how much it grew on me between it being announced (shit, darker 'non-United' red and a stupid white shield around the badge) to how I felt once the boys smacked a few goals in in it (one of my favourites).

Loved this one. Simplicity is best.

simplyared

The all blue kit they came out of the Wembley tunnel with for the European Cup Final 1968 was something special. Surprised us all but was very classy and was somehow perfect for the occasion. They all looked very slick wearing it. Bestie looked a picture. Mind you he'd look good if you'd put a sack on him!
Can't get any colour pictures of it to enclose, they're all black and white. Anybody help me with that?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
This was the first kit I had, I'd buy it now if I could :drool:

I have a soft spot for any kit thats black or pink
The Juve 15/16 pink kit, the PSG Jordan black kit, our current pink kit etc.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our home kits when we had umbro as our sponsors >>>>> the rest. They were lovely. Maybe just nostalgia with the moments associated with them. Like, last 6 years had some decent kits but I just feel very meh about them.
Or maybe just the sharp logo. Had a very good record with our kits with them as the sponsor..

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
The all blue kit they came out of the Wembley tunnel with for the European Cup Final 1968 was something special. Surprised us all but was very classy and was somehow perfect for the occasion. They all looked very slick wearing it. Bestie looked a picture. Mind you he'd look good if you'd put a sack on him!
Can't get any colour pictures of it to enclose, they're all black and white. Anybody help me with that?

Revaulx

The late 70s Admiral home kit wasn’t great, but the white and black away kit with the three black stripes is my favourite non-red kit ever. Please will someone more competent than me post a pic of it?