What a crap season

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I gave so much shit to my Liverpool colleagues today , going to get killed tomorrow. feck Barcelona

Roboc7

We’ve been shit for six years, we’ll be shit next season. City and Liverpool are two best teams in Europe now, they’re going to compete for and win a lot of trophies over next few years. Can’t keep praying for them to lose all the time to distract from shambles of our own club.

Not going to be fun supporting Utd for a while but until there is some sort of fundamental change at the club this might not even be as bad as it gets.

Okey

What a terrible time to be a United fan. That just rubbed salt into the festering wound that's this season. Sad sad sad..

buckooo1978

worst in my time as a United fan and I'm 41

Give me the late 80s (my earliest memories) when we were wildly inconsistent but we had warriors like Robson and Whiteside and you could tell Fergie was building something

even when we were 13th we won the cup when it meant something but expectations were lower

Fooza

This year has been so shite, I've been panicking and wanting wins for city results and any other teams that are playing against Liverpool. It's never been this bad.

Oh well avoiding all football and sport media till summer. See you all then.

Infra-red

Sky Sports won’t be getting renewed, that’s for sure. I’m just going to be a casual fan next season, I just can’t be arsed with this shit anymore.
No more football or sports news of any kind for me until September. The next couple of weeks will be nightmarish.

Time to book that three month long silent meditation retreat in Nepal.

JohnnyKills

Will probably help us this. With City and Liverpool doing so well the pressure on Woodward and the Glazers will be ramped up even further

edgecutter

Maybe this is what is needed, if nothing else but to highlight what a shit show the Glazer's have made post Ferguson.

JohnnyKills

What a stupid notion.

When we were in a fecking cup final, fans on here were too bitter and focused on Liverpool's champions league final willing us to lose ours if they lost theirs.

I said it then. Get our own club in order before pissing on anothers well earned victory. Can be said of this season too - players and fans so overjoyed with flaking a win against PSG before a pathetic series of displays against Barcelona...

You and your bitter schadenfreude loving chaps hurt seeing Liverpool have an amazing European night? We literally could have stopped it by having taken care of our house, making it to the semi and stopping them. So go have your humble pie and try and take a stance for your own club by unfollowing or walking out the stadium if you're even a match goer or write a letter but don't pretend like whining about a rivals success does anything but make you sound like a jealous gimp.

Disneyland. That's what that son of a bit*ch pitched to managers. Let that sink in.
Jesus mate, chill.

stubie

This year has been so shite, I've been panicking and wanting wins for city results and any other teams that are playing against Liverpool. It's never been this bad.

Oh well avoiding all football and sport media till summer. See you all then.
Still looking forward to the Copa America, that will be bearable

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s only going to get worse the way things are heading. I imagine in 10 years they will have overtaken our league record or at least equalled it and won well over double our number of Champions Leagues.

Get used to seasons like this. We got lucky if anything that everyone else was so shite following Fergie’s retirement and nobody was going far in Europe and stuff like Leicester winning the league was happening. We’ll now have to put up with our rivals being what we used to be.

Renegade

Crazy to see Shaw as a POTY candidate for us while watching TAA & Robertson create more in one game than he does all season. How far we’ve fallen.

wolvored

Maybe if Liverpool win champions league and with city winning the title arsenal to win europa lge so all 5 get into champions lge, it might make the Glazers think again. One can hope.

Needham

"For example, striker Romelu Lukaku will miss out on a £2m bonus with United in the Europa League but his basic wage will still increase by £1m next season under the terms of his contract"
Everything about that is even more deflating than the Liverpool win.

tanikozo

Truly an appalling season. Our team is full of primadonnas that think they've already made it while City and Liverpool work their socks off every single game and treat it as a final. The worst season for United the past 20 decades. Shit trophyless performance with no light in the tunnel. I remember Giggs' speech at the end of the 2013/14 season. It was obviously emotional not only because it was his last game but also the whole "good times will come back" thing. It seemed that we are not going to accept mediocrity but it just isn't meant to be. Everton, Wolves and Leicester overtaking us would be more likely than us mounting a challenge or even breaking into the top 4.

Even if Liverpool bottle it all this is an absolute disaster of a season. I don't see how we will attract stars this summer now. No one would want to play in this poorly managed shadow of Manchester United. The age of players playing for the badge is over, no CL football, messy dressing room full of mercenaries, poor management and a squad full of players who wouldn't look out of place in West Ham and that's even pushing it.

I am repeating myself but it is just absolutely depressing. I feel like next season the best thing going for us will be Greenwood and after a great spell or season he will get cocky and arrogant like Rashford, who's doing a horrible job at desperately trying to emulate Cristiano, and like Martial, who's agency unironically compares him to Beckham, Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo, while Tony constantly sulks on the pitch and refuses to put in a iota of work - totally the opposite with the players who he somehow thinks he can compare himself to. Disgusting.

SteveW

Actually it would be interesting to see a poll on whether this is definitively the worst season you can remember as a United fan. Given the age profile here i guess it almost certainly is for the large majority of posters?
It's definitely up there. However Ole's good run at least meant some of it was enjoyable.

The LVG and Jose seasons just felt soulless to me. I still hold some optimism for Ole at least. Whether we improve or not i expect it to feel a bit more like United over the next couple of seasons.

Leg-End

The depressing bit is knowing we are light years away from that level with no clear path to actually even thinking of that level, let alone achieving it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Feck it. Principles have to go out of the window now. Bring on the Saudis. Hahahaha.

I don't mean it obviously but my word football isn't going to be much fun for the next few years for us.

Chairman Steve

I remember 2004/05 being rough with Chelsea running away with the league, Liverpool getting the CL and Arsenal somehow winning the FA Cup against us.

BigBebe

Will probably help us this. With City and Liverpool doing so well the pressure on Woodward and the Glazers will be ramped up even further
Well done @JohnnyKills, for trying to come up with a positive.

Unfortunately, I think you will find that the Woodward and the Glazers are so disinterested, they will not be paying any attention to this result because to them only money counts, football is utterly irrelevant.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
To be fair he may have been a guy from mainz but then he went to Dortmund and put them on the map got them winning and challenging.

Meanwhile Ole has only done well in a farmers league nobody cares about and relegated Cardiff. It's ok though because he knows the "United way" or something. Hardly inspiring.
You can do one too

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Sunday at Old Trafford will be tough and have all the atmosphere of a wake. The club deserves it, the players deserve it.

Patrick08

The jolt this club needs to get arrogant Woodward out of this club.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really is, not only are we shit Liverpool and City look great. I hate football

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's definitely up there. However Ole's good run at least meant some of it was enjoyable.

The LVG and Jose seasons just felt soulless to me. I still hold some optimism for Ole at least. Whether we improve or not i expect it to feel a bit more like United over the next couple of seasons.
That's true. I genuinely thought Mourinho would be here until the end of the season, in which case things would have been measurably more grim. Add in the fact that Liverpool could still be beaten to the league title and, quite remarkably, things could easily have been much worse. So yay (sort of)?