What about Hakim Ziyech for the right?

ManchesterYoda

Last season: 26 games RW 25 goals+assists, average rating per game: 8.46

Strengths:
Very strong: Through balls, Key passes, crossing, long shots, direct free-kicks, taking set-pieces
Strong: Dribbling, finishing, holding on to the ball, passing, defensive contribution, concentration
Weakness: Tackling

No?

Foxbatt

Ziyech is certainly better than Lingard, and Mata for sure.

Bwuk

In a heart beat. Find it strange no-one seems to be in for him:

Sir Scott McToMinay

In a heart beat. Find it strange no-one seems to be in for him:
Because he’s not that good.
The only players from that Ajax team who are going to be top players are De Jong, De Ligt and possibly Van Der Beek.
The rest were support actors in one off season in a team flying on confidence.

Last edited:

Bwuk

The only players from that Ajax team who are going to be top players are De Jong, De Ligt and possibly Van Der Beek.
There rest are support actors in team flying on confidence.
Ziyech was better for Ajax than VdB.

He’d improve basically every side in the league not named Liverpool or City.

Canagel

No it's OK we have JLingz and Mata for the RW. Who even needs double figures goals and assists if we have those two supplying us with their movement, experience and know how?

And if we want a RW the only option should be Sancho for 100m next year even if we don't have a guarantee he will come here and other clubs want him too.

Sir Scott McToMinay

No it's OK we have JLingz and Mata for the RW. Who even needs double figures goals and assists if we have those two supplying us with their movement, experience and know how?

And if we want a RW the only option should be Sancho for 100m next year even if we don't have a guarantee he will come here and other clubs want him too.
Depay was too a double figures player in the Dutch league, yet couldn’t beat a single PL full back to save his life.

KristianMackle

I'd take him too and he's very affordable. I would really like to know Ole's thought process for this season.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Should be in the Transfer Forum but I'd happily see him at Old Trafford

I think he must have a shit agent to be still at Ajax - either that or he is happy where he is

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
onana is going to be a top player

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I mean Tadic looked twice the player of Ziyech and failed here.

United needs to sign the Ajax system (if it was possible lol), bringing individual pieces of that team will do nothing.

Sjaakmeoff

He won't leave Ajax for any club. Turned down Sevilla because he feels at home at Ajax. And i personally think it's not the only club he turned down.

If a club needs a player to increase their xG a lot, he's a no-brainer.

Graveyard

Ziyech has been voted best Ajax player ahead of those guys in the last two seasons.
Onana, Tagliafico and Neres will all join top clubs.
The Blind and Tadic transfers were the reason Ajax was succesfull last year, they were definitely no support actors but pillars.

It looks like all of these clubs are disagreeing with your assessment.
There are a lot of good players that have not been sold this summer. That doesn't mean they aren't good players.

Depay was too a double figures player in the Dutch league, yet couldn’t beat a single PL full back to save his life.
And Suarez made short work of all PL full backs. This argument is too old and too simple, I wonder how many more times it needs to be dealt with. There are hundreds of players from lower leagues who are successful in top leagues. Depay didn't prove himself in the CL like Ziyech did either.

Good players are usually wanted by good clubs.
Maybe you should look for a job in scouting, share your genius assessments with the world’s best, go ahead mate.
Your tone makes it feel like you have some personal stake in this... Pretty odd.

I mean Tadic looked twice the player of Ziyech and failed here.
Too simple. Different players and different situations. Tadic did not look twice the player of Ziyech. Ziyech was player of the season for Ajax. Tadic was Eredivisie topscorer though.

United needs to sign the Ajax system (if it was possible lol), bringing individual pieces of that team will do nothing.
I agree with this. We have bought so many good players that did not succeed, that I don't have high hopes for anyone who comes in anymore. We definitely need a director of football.

Last edited:

Ranchero

Last season: 26 games RW 25 goals+assists, average rating per game: 8.46

Strengths:
Very strong: Through balls, Key passes, crossing, long shots, direct free-kicks, taking set-pieces
Strong: Dribbling, finishing, holding on to the ball, passing, defensive contribution, concentration
Weakness: Tackling

No?
We have enough trouble sealing deals on our current targets.

Raw

He's a productive winger who actually prefers the right. He'd definitely improve us and from what I heard he isn't even that expensive!

reddevil80

no thanks, I think we can stick with James or Dalot down the right, especially with AWB backing them up.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Unbelievable how people prefer sticking with James, Martial, Mata, Lingard, Rashford, Greenwood, Lukaku on our right flank over Ziyech.

Did the guy above me suggest Dalot instead of Ziyech?

Ziyech would cost sub £40m & would be far superior to the pretenders stinking up our right flank

TheForgottenOne

He's a productive winger who actually prefers the right. He'd definitely improve us and from what I heard he isn't even that expensive!
I am from the Netherlands and have seen lots of Ziyech. Very decent player, but no top player by any means. He will not bring us to a next level.

As someone said: He had a great season in a team that had everything fall into place last season, but besides de Jong and de Ligt, I strongly believe none of them will be able to perform the same at other club at a higher level. Ziyech has been boo'd by Ajax supporters many times for his performances and tendencie to shoot from whatever range when he has some space. He also did not show much at the Africa Cup by the way.

Ziyech in the Premier League is no asset for any team in the top 8.

Last edited:

redIndianDevil

Good players are usually wanted by good clubs.
Maybe you should look for a job in scouting, share your genius assessments with the world’s best, go ahead mate.
I'm not sure with that logic, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Rose etc. are all good players who would improve most sides and are finding it difficult to find new clubs, situation varies I think.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does this guy have an awful attitude or medical record or something?

I thought for sure he would be leaving this year.

Judas

Open to offers
People who watch him every week don't rate him nearly as highly as the people who have watched him just in the CL and on Youtube, that tells you everything I think.

stevoc

Don't be silly why would we sign an actual right winger to play on the right wing. Crazy talk. :houllier:

settembrini

People who watch him every week don't rate him nearly as highly as the people who have watched him just in the CL and on Youtube, that tells you everything I think.
The people that watch him every week are the Ajax fans and they have voted him player of the year for the last two seasons.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
Ziyech doesnt fit in every side.
Besides that, he isnt a speefy fellow for a RW.
He has a lot to offer in creativity. He developed a good workrate, defensively as well.
For top teams he might put too much risk in his passing.

I'd be delighted if he stayed with us. And I think he would be a definitive upgrade on what United has for RW.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Clearly you know stuff. Do tell us more.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He won't leave Ajax for any club. Turned down Sevilla because he feels at home at Ajax. And i personally think it's not the only club he turned down.

If a club needs a player to increase their xG a lot, he's a no-brainer.

That’s quite a refreshing attitude

Okey

I find the Ziyech situation baffling as well. Isn't he going for less than 30m? The guy I saw tearing up the CL and has been Ajax player of the year two seasons in a row and no big team seems to fancy a punt. Surely he would be head and shoulders better than anyone we have on our RW???

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I find the Ziyech situation baffling as well. Isn't he going for less than 30m? The guy I saw tearing up the CL and has been Ajax player of the year two seasons in a row and no big team seems to fancy a punt. Surely he would be head and shoulders better than anyone we have on our RW???
He'd easily be our best RW, but Ole likes Lingard in that position for his pressing and workrate, and while Ziyech is a far superior footballer, he won't work like Lingard. We've just given Mata a new contract too, so I think Ole is happy with out RW.

izec

Every time I see him plays, he reminds me so much of Di Maria, except he's not as good.
Not sure that he isnt as good as this version of Di Maria. He isnt as good as peak Di Maria, but they are both inconsistent anyway. Their palystyle is going for the risky stuff, dribbles, killer passes and shots, so normally they are hit and miss. If they have a good day though, they look like world beaters.

Still for 35m, plenty of top clubs could snatch him up on the cheap for a squad role.