What about Hakim Ziyech for the right?

lawliet354

Not sure that he isnt as good as this version of Di Maria. He isnt as good as peak Di Maria, but they are both inconsistent anyway. Their palystyle is going for the risky stuff, dribbles, killer passes and shots, so normally they are hit and miss. If they have a good day though, they look like world beaters.

Still for 35m, plenty of top clubs could snatch him up on the cheap for a squad role.
Yeah I mean that Ziyech peak has never reach Di Maria's peak, even though right now I think Ziyech is better. I completely agree with the rest of your comment about their similarity though. But I think he should stay at Ajax, he won't become starter at any top club and his inconsistency will become really apparent if he played at the top 4 leagues.

Bwuk

It looks like all of these clubs are disagreeing with your assessment.
Still of that opinion?

We should revisit this in January if the 35m fee Ajax would want for him is accurate.

We literally don’t have a right winger in this squad.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Still of that opinion?

We should revisit this in January if the 35m fee Ajax would want for him is accurate.

We literally don’t have a right winger in this squad.
Eh, not in January of course. He's far too important to let him leave during the season let alone for a price like that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The idiotic board will court Sancho all summer and won't sign anyone else, just like they did with midfield and CF options

Sjaakmeoff

Eh, not in January of course. He's far too important to let him leave during the season let alone for a price like that.
He said himself he's not leaving in January. Also, he wants to play CL and would't join Sevilla for that reason. Why would he go to United?

ArjenIsM3

Ziyech has already said if no one picked him up in the summer he would stay the entire season. So he won't be available till next summer.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think the 35m fee is correct, teams probably did enquire and were quoted 80-90m

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Absolutely. Clear upgrade on anything we have currently. Sort of player we should be looking to sign.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I doubt that when De Jong and De Liga went for less.
There must be something, he must've asked for a huge salary. I don't like to think that our highly paid scouts are daft enough to pay 80m for Pepe when we couldve had Ziyech and a good defender for the same amount.

Bokito

He said himself he's not leaving in January. Also, he wants to play CL and would't join Sevilla for that reason. Why would he go to United?
I thought he wasn’t joining Sevilla because of Monchi’s approach with hom, for Roma last year?

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Yeah true and I actually do believe him but many people will consider that as nothing more than a matter of money (wages). Anyway we agree that he's definitely not leaving in January.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ziyech is Mata in Lingard's body with Gerrard's penchant for hollywood plays

But seriously, in terms of skillset and playing style he's a lot like Mata, just tries more stuff and is faster and more dynamic

RooneyLegend

He's just great to watch and very effective. However he does frustrate a bit. This season he's armed with an attacking fullback and he looks like he's going to capitalize on it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ziyech is Mata in Lingard's body with Gerrard's penchant for hollywood plays

But seriously, in terms of skillset and playing style he's a lot like Mata, just tries more stuff and is faster and more dynamic
So nothing like Mata.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So nothing like Mata.
Heh. Take Mata. Make him more dynamic and quicker, but not especially so. Then give him a penchant for looking at a defence from 40 yards out, with 3 opponents in front of him, a couple open teammates to pass the ball to to keep possession and look to build a good opportunity and think "this is the perfect chance to score a wondergoal from 40 yards out!!!!"

And you have Ziyech

roonster09

Scout
Heh. Take Mata. Make him more dynamic and quicker, but not especially so. Then give him a penchant for looking at a defence from 40 yards out, with 3 opponents in front of him, a couple open teammates to pass the ball to to keep possession and look to build a good opportunity and think "this is the perfect chance to score a wondergoal from 40 yards out!!!!"

And you have Ziyech
Take me, add more talent and a wand of a left foot, add more attributes like dribbling, passing, work rate, strength and you have Ziyech. :D

Or you can take me, add messi level talent, his level passing, dribbling, finishing, vision and everything, and you will have Messi.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Take me, add more talent and a wand of a left foot, add more attributes like dribbling, passing, work rate, strength and you have Ziyech. :D

Or you can take me, add messi level talent, his level passing, dribbling, finishing, vision and everything, and you will have Messi.
You need to stop :devil:

:lol:

But yeah. On a serious note, you signed James and your main target seems to be Sancho. Ziyech is just a completely different type of player, makes sense you weren't interested. You're looking for an actual wide player, not a converted attacking midfielder who's gonna spend most of his time in the middle

roonster09

Scout
You need to stop :devil:

:lol:

But yeah. On a serious note, you signed James and your main target seems to be Sancho. Ziyech is just a completely different type of player, makes sense you weren't interested. You're looking for an actual wide player, not a converted attacking midfielder who's gonna spend most of his time in the middle
I wanted Ziyech at ManUtd, such a good player.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ziyech is very talented, but he's also not the strongest player mentaly. I don't think he can handle the scrutiny at a club like United. He also does better in a team that's playing well. When things turn to shite, he will go missing.

troylocker

Ziyech is very talented, but he's also not the strongest player mentaly. I don't think he can handle the scrutiny at a club like United. He also does better in a team that's playing well. When things turn to shite, he will go missing.
Pretty much agree with this. He might be the best RM/RW in the market for less than 35M right now, but 26 and with the risk of going missing when we need players to step up.

What are the hottest prospects for this position now? Sancho, Havertz and maybe Odegaard. All 20 and shining for their sides, endproduct already there along with vision and workrate. Sancho and Havertz will not go for less than 100M (Sancho prob 150M), Odegaard might be cheaper but I don't think he will move until he's had at least one go at RM after his loaning spell. All these players like also like it in the center and can work as #10 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bokito

Definitely do not agree with this. When he was lured to Twente under false pretences, and was caught in a team struggling for relegation instead of one challenging for the top spots, he was one of the best players in the league, if not the best. And yes, it was clear he wasn’t happy about the situation, but he still showed up. He disn’t force a transfer and played his balls off every single game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Definitely do not agree with this. When he was lured to Twente under false pretences, and was caught in a team struggling for relegation instead of one challenging for the top spots, he was one of the best players in the league, if not the best. And yes, it was clear he wasn’t happy about the situation, but he still showed up. He disn’t force a transfer and played his balls off every single game.
While you're not wrong, that's in the Dutch league, and the Dutch league is fecking rubbish. At United you have to perform. No one gives a feck if you do poorly at Twente. The papers don't write about that and the internet doesn't ridicule you about that. If United does poorly, everyone will be ran into the ground, regardless of performance. I don't see him doing well in that position.

I might be wrong of course, but there's a reason the big teams never show up for him while buying De Jong and De Ligt after a few good games and kids like Vd Beek are linked to Real after a good season. Somehow, the big teams doubt him, and I honestly do too.

He also shot himself in the foot career wise by chosing Morocco. If he had done well in The Nation's league against Germany and France, that would've earned him lots of exposure as opposed to doing well against Burkina Fasao. But that's also just bitterness from my side ;)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I might be wrong of course, but there's a reason the big teams never show up for him while buying De Jong and De Ligt after a few good games and kids like Vd Beek are linked to Real after a good season. Somehow, the big teams doubt him, and I honestly do too.
Agreed.

The 'mentally weak' part is probably more 'big fish in small pond'. The simple fact is he is a 26 year old who has been in the Eredivisie his entire career, moving internally on three separate occasions. Nothing against the quality of league etc. (though it is very low outside of Ajax/PSV), but the best talents are exported from the league far earlier. He's at his comfort zone; a club and fans that love him, play with a style that adorns his abilities, as well as constant European exposure.

May well be a good player, but he's not the first good player in history to not make - or want to? - make the jump up.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him stay until he's about 28 or 29 and then make some sort of lateral money move.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Ziyech is quality but I dunno if he is what we need going forward, especially when we could target someone like Olmo for a similar amount of money. The experienced player I'd like to sign from Ajax is Nicolás Tagliafico: who has quietly developed into one of the better fullbacks in Europe over the 15-18 months or so, is fairly effective on both ends of the pitch, shows a good deal of desire and determination, and also evidences leadership potential (vice-captain of the Albicelestes). Shaw still hasn't cemented a starting spot and has some holes in his offensive skill set, and Young shouldn't be counted upon as a starter because his performances tend to oscillate and he's also close to being done at the highest level. Tagliafico won't ever reach the heights of a Marcelo or Alba, but could come in and give United a fairly stable and tenacious left-half-of-defense with Maguire over the next 4-5 years, IMO.

Bwuk

Just scored an absolute screamer against Valencia in the CL.

Alabaster Codify7

A Championship right-winger who scores and assists would be a massive upgrade for us, let alone a CL standard winger.

I'd take ANYONE there nowadays, definitely Ziyech. But I've given up on it - RW is the new CM for United. We won't sign a RW for another few years, bigger priorities to focus on. Not my opinion, but appears to be that of the club - 'striker and a creative player' is next apparently. Pogba's replacement will be next priority. CDM also. By the time those issues are 'solved', LB will be an issue, we'll probably need another CB by then too......the cycle continues.

Heyli

Supports
Ajax
Ziyech has a brilliant technique. However, I think he makes the wrong choice too often and he actually loses the ball in a silly way quite often. Fine for the Dutch league, and fine in a team where others are more clinical. But I dont think he´s consistent enough for the top teams where he would like to play. Although definitely he has the occasional brilliant match!

Also a very hard worker btw, that definitely speaks for him as well. But I don´t think he´d be succesful at one of the top teams in Europe. (Hopefully he stays at Ajax for a few more seasons ;) )