What about our Tim?

Foxbatt

He should go to the Dutch league. In the PL you get shoehorned into a position.

lex talionis

Yes, TFM has a future at United if he's happy to be a squad man for a year or two. He took a lot of stick here, but he actually performed quite well in in the last few matches. Yet he's not an upgrade for Shaw and Wan-Bissaka, nor is ready right now to be first choice partner for Maguire.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He can play RB, LB, CB and midfield. 16 months out and did a decent job. Yeah he's not a starter but he would be a good O'Shea if he stays fit. Keep
No way close to O’Shea, who forced himself into being first choice centre back in his break out season. OShea was very under rated. One of my favourite players of that era.

UpWithRivers

No way close to O’Shea, who forced himself into being first choice centre back in his break out season. OShea was very under rated. One of my favourite players of that era.
Not saying he's anywhere near O'Shea. Just saying he can be an O'Shea type player. Its very rare you have a player that can slot into multiple positions. He looks like a 6 out 10 player in whatever position you put him. Not great but job done. Obviously he needs more games so its just guesswork as to how he will turn out but we have many more players ahead of him to get rid of.

Nickelodeon

O'Shea is a legend. His goals at Highbury and especially the winner at Anfield have made him absolutely unforgettable. But I do see the point of TFM being a cover for multiple positions similar to O'Shea. Considering I don't see us getting more than 5-7 million for him, we might as well try to make the best out of him. If he improves, he could easily double his value or become a useful squad cover.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not saying he's anywhere near O'Shea. Just saying he can be an O'Shea type player. Its very rare you have a player that can slot into multiple positions. He looks like a 6 out 10 player in whatever position you put him. Not great but job done. Obviously he needs more games so its just guesswork as to how he will turn out but we have many more players ahead of him to get rid of.
Fair enough. Yeah, SAF used to love those types of versatile players: Phillip Neville, Fortune, Park and O'Shea being very good examples. They don't seem to exist in this era.

If TFM can perform that role to first XI standards, he'd become a great asset. Worth keeping around to see if that happens