Music What are we listening to?

Kinky Melinky

Softcult and Hot Wax are my 2 new favourite bands. Horsegirl are also very good. The ladies are taking over in the alternative scene. Lads are playing catch up

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Also, a Fred and Brian Eno album just dropped? All over that.
Yeah I was over the moon when I spotted it at breakfast this morning. I don’t know why I was expecting it to be anything other than what it was… but I listened to it once through walking down the Portuguese coast this morning. Kind of a perfect setting to listen to twinkly ethereal music. Not really my bag though.

My uncultured tastes aside… the fellas output is unrivalled at the moment. He’s releasing music faster than anyone I can think of in my generation. Hip Hop beef used to generate flurries of content, and 60’s/70’s acts cranked out albums at pace… but Fred has been cranking out for 3 solid years now and not really sticking to a single type or genre.

Said it in this thread or elsewhere, musically he’s potentially the David Bowie of his generation. Not a commentary on wider cultural impact, but musically I’ll stand by that.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Said it in this thread or elsewhere, musically he’s potentially the David Bowie of his generation. Not a commentary on wider cultural impact, but musically I’ll stand by that.
I definitely remember cocking an eyebrow when I read that but by the end of the Tiny Desk concert I was a convert.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's not bad. Easy listening. 'Enough' is the highlight. Has some Frank Ocean vibes, not sure if that is what Fred again is known for. I'm a massive Eno fan which is how it came on my radar.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
You know that feeling of randomly finding a band you've never heard of and being in awe instantly? Just happened:

UnrelatedPsuedo

Back on Ren again. Such an eclectically talented lad. Has acoustic bits and pieces, remixes club stuff, solemn twinkly tracks, and some huge bangers.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Listened to these two loads recently:
Thereby cementing your place as the person with the second best taste in music on this site…. Money Game is great too.

He’s a really talented fella. A friend of a friend introduced me to him in Brighton. I wondered aloud why he hadn’t carved out a space in mainstream music. Told me about his mad battle with Lyme Disease.

In fluent Hyperbole… he’s what Ed Sheeran thinks he is, as a musician. Actually authentic, with gumption, owns a personality and has something to say.

Aside From that… did you clock a post further up about Justin Hawke? I saw him stateside a while back when he was performing as Flite. Alternative DNB. Track below is a properly weird Country themed info that goes full Pendulum after the first drop. I think he’s fecking ace.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Thereby cementing your place as the person with the second best taste in music on this site….
:lol:
Aside From that… did you clock a post further up about Justin Hawke? I saw him stateside a while back when he was performing as Flite. Alternative DNB. Track below is a properly weird Country themed info that goes full Pendulum after the first drop. I think he’s fecking ace.

Interesting fusion. Curious as to how the transition from gentle country to DnB banger plays out on stage...