Music What are we listening to?

GueRed

No other artist captured the spirit and angst of Generation X in the way Kurt Cobain did...
Gone too soon.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Best album they've done for 12 years.
Been listening to it since. Really, really, really brilliant. Delighted it's so good as I am a huge fan and was worried after Hawkins died that some of the magic would be lost, but it seems they've taken the grief of that and of his mother's passing and made something amazing. My mother is quite ill at the moment so it's hitting me particularly hard.

Can't wait for more live shows to be added though, the foos are one of the best live acts going and I'd love to see this getting performed

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This man's a musical genius. I bought my first synth because of him. Great piece of work.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

wasnt a massive fan of drum n bass in the 90s but this is a belter.
AAA classic.

I remember seeing them at Rock City all the way back and expecting a lone bloke with a sequencer then this dude walks out with a real drummer and a proper double bass guy. They never dropped a beat. Awesome gig.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I first saw them as they were supporting Derek Trucks. And what a "support" they were. The front man's stage charisma was as good as anyone's I've seen so far. And while. I've never been anywhere near, this still speaks to my personal "happy place".

Last edited:

MoskvaRed

Why do certain videos get blocked and not others?

Anyway, “Lost in the Supermarket” by the Clash seems to be perfect song for the night on which FC Abu Dhabi win the Champions League.

Fanta Stick

Idiot Wind (aka Amanda Bergman) - ex Mrs of The Tallest Man On Earth (Kristian Matsson)

I like how she mispronounces 'canary' as cannery to make the line rhyme better. Or could also be mispronounced because she is Swedish

Withnail

Idiot Wind (aka Amanda Bergman) - ex Mrs of The Tallest Man On Earth (Kristian Matsson)

I like how she mispronounces 'canary' as cannery to make the line rhyme better. Or could also be mispronounced because she is Swedish

That's beautiful. I love her voice. Off down a rabbit hole listening to everything she's ever done now :)

Fanta Stick

That's beautiful. I love her voice. Off down a rabbit hole listening to everything she's ever done now :)
Sadly it's not a very deep rabbit hole thus far given she has been around for a while. Nice album under her own name, an EP and single as Idiot Wind. A few live performance on youtube.
I am a sucker for female singers and she is no exception. Check out her 'Fire Hits The Snow'.
She is a massive Dylan fan (as am I). Her version of 'Mama, You Been On My Mind' worth checking out.