Music What are we listening to?

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

I feel contrasting emotions with this one. There's a semblance of serenity which makes me feel reflective and nostalgic. Concurrently, the somewhat fast tempo brings me back to the present. When I close my eyes, I can imagine delving deep into my subconsciousness and swimming through remnants of time. The slower the stroke the longer I could stay within a memory, but because I got so engrossed with one certain positive memory, I found my strokes getting faster and faster as maybe just maybe I could experience it for real. Before I knew it, the fast strokes had brought me back to the present yearning to create new memories.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have the tendency to over listen to songs, on repeat for too long. I used to listen to this song so much that I started disliking it. It popped into my head today and I listened to it again. It reminded me of all these reasons I loved it in the first place.

Last edited:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Today I went bouldering for the first time since lockdown. When I played this song, I felt like I was climbing Mount Everest.
A bold composition that encompasses Homeric qualities one might expect from an Odysseus, or Diomedes.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Moody Blues. Proper music. Days of Future Past and On the Threshold of a Dream.
If you haven't listened, do your ears a favour.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Found this just today, absolutely love it. Seems a fairly new band too, their debut album interrupted by covid 19.

It's strange though, it sounds like it's going to have a massive loud part due to the build up but never really does. Still find it brilliant though. Kinda nightwish vibes in parts too.

Also at about 2:40 mark really reminds me of Blackmore's Night

Checked their other songs out and this easily stands out as the best. Winds me up when that happens, find a great song on YouTube and think you're in for some amazeballs backlog from the artist but then are left disappointed.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Last Resort by the Eagles. Outstanding lyrics and beautifully sung.
Listen to it and tell me that you were not moved by the words.

HarlanEiffler

Justin Townes Earle died yesterday. Only 38 years old. Incredible musician and artist.

Listen to his cover of Paul Simon's "Graceland":

HarlanEiffler

2020 sucks. Riley Gale of Power Trip passed away yesterday. One of the most influential bands in current hardcore and metal. Apparently he was a genuinely good guy. The magnitude of tributes to him on social media also speaks volumes.

RIP.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
2020 sucks. Riley Gale of Power Trip passed away yesterday. One of the most influential bands in current hardcore and metal. Apparently he was a genuinely good guy. The magnitude of tributes to him on social media also speaks volumes.

RIP.
RIP, only 34 too.

I've been loving the new Deftones song. I don't think it's an instant classic, like something like Swerve City was for me a few years ago, but it's grown nicely over the weekend and got me very excited for the new album.